Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-15-2007, 02:26 PM   #31
-primetime-

Default Re: Your regular season NFL picks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los Angeles
Carolina has two clear weaknesses, safety and tight end...other then that this team is talented and very deep at practically every position...I took a good chuckle at prime-time's standings...specifically how he thinks his Dallas will be #2 in the conference. Not surprising, Cowboy fans tend to live back in 1993.

ok...here is why, they have one of the easiest schedules in the NFL

9/9 NY GIANTS
W
9/16 @ Miami
W
9/23 @ Chicago
L
9/30 ST LOUIS
W
10/8 @ Buffalo
W
10/14 NEW ENGLAND
L
10/21 MINNESOTA
W
11/4 @ Philadelphia
L - I will say we split with Philly
11/11 @ NY Giants
W
11/18 WASHINGTON
W
11/22 NY JETS
W
11/29 GREEN BAY
W
12/9 @ Detroit
W
12/16 PHILADELPHIA
W - like I said, split
12/22 @ Carolina
L
12/30 @ Washington
W

that would make us 12 - 4

now obviously there is going to a team here and there that will upset us, like we could lose to Minnisota or something...but at the same time I think there are going to be some good team that we end up beating, like I could see us beating Chicago...I don't see any reason the Boys shouldn't go at least 11 - 5

easy schedule, Dallas wins the NFC East

anyone care to dispute how this could very easily happen?
Old 08-15-2007, 02:32 PM   #32
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

11-5
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 03:13 PM   #33
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

AFC

East
New England **
Miami
New York
Buffalo

North
Baltimore **
Pittsburgh *
Cincinatti
Cleveland

South
Indianapolis **
Tennnessee
Houston
Jacksonville

West
San Diego **
Denver *
Kansas City
Oakland

NFC

East
Philadelphia **
Dallas *
Washington
New York

North
Chicago **
Minnesota
Detroit
Green Bay

South
New Orleans **
Carolina *
Tampa Bay
Atlanta

West
Seattle **
St. Louis
San Fransisco
Arizona

Super Bowl: New England over New Orleans
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 04:53 PM   #34
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One has decent reputationTarik One has decent reputation

Parcell's departure was the best thing to happen to Dallas at this current time. The Cowboys will sweep the Eagles this year.
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 05:07 PM   #35
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik One
Parcell's departure was the best thing to happen to Dallas at this current time. The Cowboys will sweep the Eagles this year.
agreed...

not sure about sweeping philly, but I agree that Parcell's leaving is a good thing
Old 08-15-2007, 05:10 PM   #36
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Dallas?

I dont actually mean that I jsut wanna make someone angry
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 05:30 PM   #37
Phenom
Supreme Living Legend

Phenom has an OK reputation so far

Dallas got better, and have a nice mix of veteran and youth. Philly got a year older, and it seems like they lost an integral piece each of the last two seasons. And haven't really added any impact players with the exception of Spikes and meanwhile lost Stallworth.

The Giants will implode the minute the first breeze of adversity blows through. Their running game took a hit, and I don't sense any unity among this team.

Chicago isn't the beast everyone thought it was. The reliable Thomas Jones is gone for an unproven Cedric Benson. They're a solid team, and can finish at the top of the conference.

The Saints have a blitzkrieg offense. They added a little help at defense. This makes them still a very dangerous team.

I'll address the AFC later.
Phenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 05:44 PM   #38
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
OLine- Same as last year pretty much.. Still have one of the top o lines.

Since when? Your OL is overrated. Don't tell me you still have one of the best OLs while your team averaged 4.1 ypc and gave up 43 sacks...

Quote:
WTF???....did you even watch a game?

I deal with Cowboy fans all the time, so I did the math. Romo had a 67.1 QB rating against teams with a non-losing record. Here's his numbers in those games (I didn't even include all of his fumbles):

107-180, 59.4%, 1,371 yards, 7.62 ypa, 5 TDs, 11 INTs.

Quote:
he beat the Super Bowl champion Colts...as well as Carolina...he beat the good teams and toward the end of the year when he went up against the Saints he started losing...

Romo beat the Colts, what with his 0 TDs and 1 INT (and probably about 16 fumbles)?

Quote:
he is a top 5 in QB rating last year and went to the probowl

Yes, he racked up numbers against poor teams. His 5 best games were against the 5 worst teams he faced.

Quote:
Jerry Jones is a billionare that has no need to be GM....he doesn't care about money, he cares about winning.

And, when's the last time you won a playoff game?

Last edited by Jackass18 : 08-15-2007 at 05:46 PM.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 05:50 PM   #39
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
I deal with Cowboy fans all the time, so I did the math. Romo had a 67.1 QB rating against teams with a non-losing record. Here's his numbers in those games (I didn't even include all of his fumbles):

107-180, 59.4%, 1,371 yards, 7.62 ypa, 5 TDs, 11 INTs.
I am sure you could do this with any QB....take thier worst games and average them out....great....."hey look, if you take away all the games he played great in then his numbers aren't so great!"

He was #5 overall...bottom line
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
And, when's the last time you won a playoff game?
last year...we beat Seattle...
Old 08-15-2007, 06:00 PM   #40
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Philly has a great front office, an excellent head coach in Andy Reid and defensive coordinator in Jim Johnson. That grouping alone will keep Philly competitive and in the mix
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 06:02 PM   #41
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
last year...we beat Seattle...

You sure did...

Last edited by Randy : 08-15-2007 at 06:07 PM.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 08:40 PM   #42
Phenom
Supreme Living Legend

Phenom has an OK reputation so far

Primetime wtf man
You opened a can of worms on this one
Phenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 08:57 PM   #43
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I am sure you could do this with any QB....take thier worst games and average them out....great....."hey look, if you take away all the games he played great in then his numbers aren't so great!"

Are you that scared to realize that Romo isn't nearly as good as you think or something? It's not a hard concept. Look at how he did against losing teams and how he did against non-losing teams. His QB rating was nearly double against opponents with losing records than it was against teams with a non-losing record. Show me a single QB you could also say that about.

Against teams with a non-losing record: 107-180, 59.4%, 1,371 yards, 7.62 ypa, 5 TDs, 11 INTs, 67.1 QB rating.
Against teams with a losing record: 113-157, 72%, 1,532 yards, 9.76 ypa, 14 TDs, 2 INTs, 127.1 QB rating.

Jason Campbell was actually slightly better against teams with non-losing records than teams with losing records:

Against teams with a non-losing record: 60-109, 55%, 724 yards, 6.64 ypa, 6 TDs, 4 INTs, 76.8 QB rating
Against teams with a losing record: 50-98, 51%, 573 yards, 5.85 ypa, 4 TDs, 2 INTs, 74.2 QB rating
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 08:57 PM   #44
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

AFC

West
1. San Diego Chargers**
2. Denver Broncos*
3. Kansas City Chiefs
4. Oakland Raiders

North
1. Baltimore Ravens**
2. Pittsburgh Steelers*
3. Cincinnati Bengals
4. Cleveland Browns

South
1. Indianapolis Colts**
2. Tennessee Titans
3. Jacksonville Jaguars
4. Houston Texans

East
1. New England Patriots**
2. New York Jets
3. Buffalo Bills
4. Miami Dolphins

** = Division Champion
* = Wild Card

NFC

West
1. Seattle Seahawks**
2. Arizona Cardinals
3. San Francisco 49ers
4. St. Louis Rams

North
1. Chicago Bears**
2. Green Bay Packers
3. Minnesota Vikings
4. Detroit Lions

South
1. New Orleans Saints**
2. Carolina Panthers
3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
4. Atlanta Falcons

East
1. Dallas Cowboys**
2. Philadelphia Eagles*
3. New York Giants
4. Washington Redskins

** = Division Champion
* = Wild Card

AFC Champion:
Baltimore

NFC Champion:
Dallas

Super Bowl Champion
Dallas

homerism? maybe. but they will be damn good, just you wait.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 10:20 PM   #45
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

So give me an unbiased look on the steelers and browns. My two fav teams LOL
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: