Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-15-2007, 10:21 PM   #46
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Your regular season NFL picks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball
So give me an unbiased look on the steelers and browns. My two fav teams LOL

I hope you are kidding

You like BOTH?

That's kinda like being a fan of both the Yankees and Red Sox..........
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 10:32 PM   #47
Phenom
Supreme Living Legend

Phenom has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
Are you that scared to realize that Romo isn't nearly as good as you think or something? It's not a hard concept. Look at how he did against losing teams and how he did against non-losing teams. His QB rating was nearly double against opponents with losing records than it was against teams with a non-losing record. Show me a single QB you could also say that about.

Against teams with a non-losing record: 107-180, 59.4%, 1,371 yards, 7.62 ypa, 5 TDs, 11 INTs, 67.1 QB rating.
Against teams with a losing record: 113-157, 72%, 1,532 yards, 9.76 ypa, 14 TDs, 2 INTs, 127.1 QB rating.

Jason Campbell was actually slightly better against teams with non-losing records than teams with losing records:

Against teams with a non-losing record: 60-109, 55%, 724 yards, 6.64 ypa, 6 TDs, 4 INTs, 76.8 QB rating
Against teams with a losing record: 50-98, 51%, 573 yards, 5.85 ypa, 4 TDs, 2 INTs, 74.2 QB rating

Are you serious? You actually put those stats up there? Maybe you didn't mean to. It was a typo. Tell me you're not serious.

A 50% passer with no more than a 2 td disparity over td to ints ratio, but you have the audacity to compare one qb being a wash to another. Please edit that before someone else catches whiff of your bulls#!t, and realizs you're posting under the influence.

Of extreme homerism.
Phenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 10:44 PM   #48
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
I hope you are kidding

You like BOTH?

That's kinda like being a fan of both the Yankees and Red Sox..........
Yeah I like both. I'm not really a big football fan. Like I watch the steelers games and I'll watch close games if I don't have anything better to do.

I only watched one browns game last year. I'll just bandwagon if they get good or something.

Anyway I only like the browns because I like the cavs. If the cavs didn't play in Cleveland I wouldn't care for the browns.
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 01:05 AM   #49
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Are you serious? You actually put those stats up there? Maybe you didn't mean to. It was a typo. Tell me you're not serious.

A 50% passer with no more than a 2 td disparity over td to ints ratio, but you have the audacity to compare one qb being a wash to another. Please edit that before someone else catches whiff of your bulls#!t, and realizs you're posting under the influence.

Of extreme homerism.

Uh, could you make a post that's more than just mindless babbling? How are facts and numbers bullsh!t? Where was the homerism in that post? Can you point it out or will it be more mindless babble?
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 04:51 AM   #50
Phenom
Supreme Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
Uh, could you make a post that's more than just mindless babbling? How are facts and numbers bullsh!t? Where was the homerism in that post? Can you point it out or will it be more mindless babble?

A 75% passer rating, 53% completion percentage is good? Not to mention 10tds to 6ints. And that's a good qb in your eyes. And your posting of stats against losing teams, and non losing teams is trash. The numbers are basically identical. Pray he improves upon those numbers.

And bad news for Eagles fans. Shawn Andrews may be out for the season. Even as a division rival I hate to hear this. I hate to see players go down with injuries. And they're saying it may even be career threatening. You've got a qb that's coming back from a season ending surgery, a pretty brittle runnng back, and an injury prone dend. I know they don't play on Veteran's Field anymore so what gives? And with your best line man not there to pull for Westbrook on draws and screens, or watch McNabb's blindside, things could potentially get ugly.

But still as a fan I empathize with you. Very sorry to hear that.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:20 AM   #51
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
last year...we beat Seattle...

^cowboy fans are straight up delusional...

Teams had the book on Romo by the stretch run of the season. The Eagles did and they dominated the cowboys in their own stadium with backup garcia... I dont see Romo as some future star... I see him folding up this year and T.O becoming a distraction with no real person in that locker (like Parcell) to keep a lid on the TO circus... Wade Phillips is the coach ... Man y'all are in for a rude awakening this year...

11-5

5-11 is closer to what you'll be

Quote:
And bad news for Eagles fans. Shawn Andrews may be out for the season.

Shawn Andrews will be fine... He giving mixed signals but they say he'll be OK and ready to go vs. Green Bay

Quote:
Even as a division rival I hate to hear this. I hate to see players go down with injuries. And they're saying it may even be career threatening. You've got a qb that's coming back from a season ending surgery, a pretty brittle runnng back, and an injury prone dend. I know they don't play on Veteran's Field anymore so what gives? And with your best line man not there to pull for Westbrook on draws and screens, or watch McNabb's blindside, things could potentially get ugly.

Eagles practice at a very high tempo and hit alot (some say too much) it causes these injuries sometimes... Westbrook would affected if Andrews is gone but he is a guard on McNabbs front side so he wouldnt be protecting Mcnabb's blind side...thats tre Thomas job

Andrews has got a boot on but he'll be fine...he'll play this year
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 10:05 AM   #52
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!

Doomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation here

NFC

1 Chicago (12-4)
2 Dallas (11-5)
3 New Orleans (11-5)
4 St. Louis (10-6)
5 Seattle (9-7)
6 Carolina (9-7)

AFC

1 Patriots (13-3)
2 San Diego (12-4)
3 Baltimore (12-4)
4 Colts (10-6)
5 Cincinati (11-5)
6 Pittsburg (10-6)

Wild Card Games

New Orleans over Carolina
St. Louis over Seattle

Baltimore over Pitt
Cinncy over Colts

Divisional Round

Dallas over New Orleans (extremely high scoring game like 38-34)
Chicago over St. Louis

Pats over Cincy
Baltimore over San Diego

Championship

Chicago over Dallas (close game we loose because of home field advantage)
Pats over Baltimore

Super Bowl

Pats over Chicago (the most boring game ever played, Pats win 42-10)

Of course I will change this in a few weeks.
Doomsday Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 04:35 PM   #53
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Heh, you better pray Romo doesn't suck against good teams and choke in big games anymore.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:16 PM   #54
Phenom
Supreme Living Legend

Jason Campbell.....The only thing great about that kid is that he shares a famous last name. With soup.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:57 PM   #55
Jackass18
The Iron Price

At least his last name isn't close to Homo...
Old 08-16-2007, 10:18 PM   #56
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Skins are brutal give it up. Id rather be a Texans fan.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 04:03 AM   #57
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Am I suppose to care about your uninformed opinion?
Old 08-17-2007, 04:10 AM   #58
apeman222
i know the muffin man.

apeman222 has an OK reputation so far

denver broncos = superbowl champs
apeman222 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: