Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Houston Rockets Forum

Houston Rockets Forum Houston Rockets message board - rockets fan forum

Old 08-14-2007, 03:53 AM   #1
steve franchise
Local High School Star

Default Who's team? Yao's or Tmac's?

I've been wondering about this ever since Yao didn't get the ball when Rockets were trailing in game seven. I mean during the crucial last 3-5 minutes. One time i heard C. Barkley say during a half time show that T-Mac is the number one option for the Rockets, the guy that carries the team. I know T-Mac is a valuable piece for his team, but when you have a dominant guy inside like Yao, you gotta give him the ball. So the offense can run through him. Lets take a look at the picture. Elimination game, tied or down by one. I guess the question is " IF YOU HAVE ONE LAST POSSESION LEFT FOR YOUR TEAM, WHO DO YOU GIVE THE BALL TO?" " YAO OR T-MAC?"
steve franchise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 05:35 AM   #2
Q.E.C
нυєy

Default Re: Who's team? Yao's or Tmac's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve franchise
I've been wondering about this ever since Yao didn't get the ball when Rockets were trailing in game seven. I mean during the crucial last 3-5 minutes. One time i heard C. Barkley say during a half time show that T-Mac is the number one option for the Rockets, the guy that carries the team. I know T-Mac is a valuable piece for his team, but when you have a dominant guy inside like Yao, you gotta give him the ball. So the offense can run through him. Lets take a look at the picture. Elimination game, tied or down by one. I guess the question is " IF YOU HAVE ONE LAST POSSESION LEFT FOR YOUR TEAM, WHO DO YOU GIVE THE BALL TO?" " YAO OR T-MAC?"

t-mac said this is yao's team so i guess it's yao's. but i would turn to t-mac in crunch time.
Q.E.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 10:15 AM   #3
Mind Raper
Can barely lace up my sneakers

t-bac hasn't done anything significant for this Rockets franchise in any way. In no way has he been clutch in important situations or the savior in last second comebacks ( in the playoffs ).

hearing t-bac say that the series against the jazz was on him made my stomach churn, i knew he would choke.

this is YAO's team!

he is the dominant force! not t-bac.

predictions for 07-08:

1. t-mac's back goes out 20 games into the season.
2. yao averages 30 ppg, 2.0 bpg, 1.5 steals, and 12 rebounds.
3. the rockets advance to the Western Conference Finals where Greg Oden and the Trail Blazers sweep them.
Mind Raper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 12:49 PM   #4
CAYO
Serious playground baller

Leslie Alexander'S
CAYO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 02:00 PM   #5
Q.E.C
нυєy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mind Raper
t-bac hasn't done anything significant for this Rockets franchise in any way. In no way has he been clutch in important situations or the savior in last second comebacks ( in the playoffs ).

hearing t-bac say that the series against the jazz was on him made my stomach churn, i knew he would choke.

this is YAO's team!

predictions for 07-08:

3. the rockets advance to the Western Conference Finals where Greg Oden and the Trail Blazers sweep them.

t-mac has done all he can. we didn't have 3 scorers then, it was mainly yao and t-mac. like when the rockets played dallas, yao and t-mac were the only one's scoring pretty much. when the rockets played the jazz it was the same way until game 7 when 2 other players finally stepped up. it was battier and rafer that stepped up, but those aren't scores. battier is a hustle player and rafer is a playmaker. so when yao got shut down they knew who to turn to next. in most cases yao has been the one to get shut down first. when t-mac played san antonio he brought them back. yao hasn't made any plays like that where he scores a whole lot of points in that less time. t-mac needed help and all the pressure went to him.

Last edited by Q.E.C : 08-14-2007 at 02:02 PM.
Q.E.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 05:55 PM   #6
A-MATT
Banned

Its T-Macs team cause the spotlight is on him to guide us to the playoffs. t-mac is the superstar and yao is the center everyone needs to win a title
A-MATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 08:24 PM   #7
marny_navis
Banned

It's Rick Adelman's team. Yao hasn't been consistently dominant enough and T-Mac's past his prime. Neither player will be relied on to carry the team very often now with the additions of Mike James, Steve Francis, and Luis Scola. However, if I had to pick, I'd say it's Yao's he's about to enter his prime and could start dominating on a regular basis.
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 02:12 AM   #8
UMDRox

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve franchise

You go to Yao. He is a more reliable scorer than T-Mac. Yao is likely to take an high percentage shot and if he is fouled, he is more likely to make the free throws over T-Mac.
UMDRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 05:04 AM   #9
AtTheDriveIn
04'

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMDRox
You go to Yao. He is a more reliable scorer than T-Mac. Yao is likely to take an high percentage shot and if he is fouled, he is more likely to make the free throws over T-Mac.

He's also very turnover prone because of his height. Whenever he puts the ball on the floor, it's almost a guarantee that with another guy around, that ball is as good as gone. He has the second most turnovers per game at 3.48 Turnovers per game in the regular season, and 4.71 in the playoffs. That's not very trustworthy now, is it?

To answer the OP's question though, it's no ones team. There isn't a designated guy (nor should there be) to who you go to at the end of games. Battier is as good as anyone when it comes to clutch shots. As can a few others on the team if given a chance. I think it's more McGrady's team because he's more the ball handler, but in the same sense, it's Yao's team because he controls the paint.

If you look in the past, all the great teams have had great guards who 'owned' the team in a sense. For example, even though Abdul Jabbar was the better player, it was Magic's team. Malone and Stockton, same thing. It was Stocktons team, but Malone was the star of it.
AtTheDriveIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 05:31 AM   #10
Wo1fshadow
I brick open layups

T-Mac is definately the more reliable option.

he has been in the league longer and and therefore has more experience, he has shown time and time again he is very reliable.

Yao is not bad, he's on the up, maybe in a couple of years he'll 'own' the team.
Wo1fshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 03:47 PM   #11
t-mac#1
I hit open layups

T-mac has the star power but the game itself it's yao team.
t-mac#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 01:41 PM   #12
ZMonkey11
YMCA Scrub

The Houston Rockets belongs to Yao Ming. I compare it to the situation in San Antonio during the Finals last year. You would never say SA is Tony Parker's team, because it's Tim Duncan. But, Parker was the one slicing and dicing in the finals, and got the MVP.
ZMonkey11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 11:45 PM   #13
Tmac13in35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mind Raper

this is YAO's team!

predictions for 07-08:

ok I think its T-Mac's team cuz even though Yao does the scoring during the game,and even though he gets around 30 ppg. he dosent do anything during crunch time when we really need to score, T-Mac does that everytime. But thats what I think was the situation the last couple of years,now we got alot of scorers,if T-Mac is covered,he can give the ball to someone else and they will score,he dosent have to worry about everything being on his shoulder anymore,he can rely on other people to doing what he did.... Also, I agree with the Rockets going to the Western Conference Finals this year but there is no way they're gonna play the Blazzers cuz 1st of all Greg Oden is done for the season and 2nd of all the Blazzers arent that good to reach the Semi-Finals, its either gonna be Dallas or San Antonio against us in the Western Conference Finals.
Tmac13in35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 04:59 PM   #14
TMagic_01

It's T-Mac's team. Period.

Yao is a great talent. But, this team rides and dies with T-Mac.

Look at other teams and their leaders. Kidd is the leader of the Nets, despite Carter scoring the most points and getting the highlights. The Suns leader is Steve Nash, despite Amare Stoudamire being the future and averaging the most points for the Suns. Duncan is the leader of the Spurs, despite Tony Parker winning MVP and having the ball in his hands for the majority of the game.

T-Mac is the leader of the Rockets. Yao is a great talent and puts up amazing numbers. The Rockets are a much better team when Yao is playing, but T-Mac is the leader. Yao can not lead the team like T-Mac can. When T-Mac goes out, the Rockets fall, hard. The Rockets were able sustain when Yao went down.

This is T-Mac's team now.
TMagic_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 08:18 PM   #15
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marny_navis
It's Rick Adelman's team. Yao hasn't been consistently dominant enough and T-Mac's past his prime. Neither player will be relied on to carry the team very often now with the additions of Mike James, Steve Francis, and Luis Scola. However, if I had to pick, I'd say it's Yao's he's about to enter his prime and could start dominating on a regular basis.

how is t-mac past his prime, marny??? and adelman has been in town for what? two months? three?? yao gets dominated by any1, on any given night

its tmacs team
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: