Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2007, 03:29 PM   #46
SsKSpurs21
National High School Star
 
SsKSpurs21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Antonio GO SPURS GO!
Posts: 2,275
SsKSpurs21 has decent reputation
Default Re: GOAT PF : Duncan or K Malone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los Angeles
What part of a prime Laker team don't you understand?
The reason I'm saying prime Laker team is because I'm giving you an example of how tough the competition was for Malone in the 90's.


ok scratch the prime argument. if your going to fault duncan for playing against weak competition and winning rings, then you also have to fault shaq for playing against weak competition because he won in the same era.

so now when the greatest centers argument comes along then hakeem > shaq because he won in a greater era. sounds fair judging by your arguments.
SsKSpurs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 03:29 PM   #47
SsKSpurs21
National High School Star
 
SsKSpurs21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Antonio GO SPURS GO!
Posts: 2,275
SsKSpurs21 has decent reputation
Default Re: GOAT PF : Duncan or K Malone

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
Duncan didnt beat any1 by himself...

and neither did shaq, or jordan, or any other superstar.
SsKSpurs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 03:30 PM   #48
Los Angeles
A Diamond In the Rough
 
Los Angeles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,293
Los Angeles has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: GOAT PF : Duncan or K Malone

Quote:
Duncan didnt beat any1 by himself...

Exactly, some Spurs fans quickly forget how big guys like Manu Ginobilli and even Stephen Jackson played in those championship years and how many times Duncan missed a crucial free throw. Yeah Duncan is the main piece by a large margin but quick neglecting to mention players who helped him get there.
Los Angeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 03:33 PM   #49
Los Angeles
A Diamond In the Rough
 
Los Angeles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,293
Los Angeles has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: GOAT PF : Duncan or K Malone

Quote:
so now when the greatest centers argument comes along then hakeem > shaq because he won in a greater era. sounds fair judging by your arguments.

Yeah you would make complete sense if I actually stated that Malone was better then Duncan, quit getting your panties in a bunch over your favorite player, all I said is you guys have to stop being so damn arrogant when it comes to championships.

Have a mind of your own, and quit judging everything by numbers and accomplishments...take a second too look at the competition.

It's like me winning an MVP in grade 8 and claiming I'm better then someone who's a bench warmer in University. :)
Los Angeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 03:33 PM   #50
SsKSpurs21
National High School Star
 
SsKSpurs21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Antonio GO SPURS GO!
Posts: 2,275
SsKSpurs21 has decent reputation
Default Re: GOAT PF : Duncan or K Malone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los Angeles
Exactly, some Spurs fans quickly forget how big guys like Manu Ginobilli and even Stephen Jackson played in those championship years and how many times Duncan missed a crucial free throw. Yeah Duncan is the main piece by a large margin but quick neglecting to mention players who helped him get there.

i never said he did it by himself, iam saying that he still played on two sprained ankles. basically throwing out your argument that shaq was "injured on every part of his body" and that he was "out of shape" and all those other excuses you were making as to why the lakers lost in 2003.
SsKSpurs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 03:37 PM   #51
Los Angeles
A Diamond In the Rough
 
Los Angeles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,293
Los Angeles has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: GOAT PF : Duncan or K Malone

Quote:
basically throwing out your argument that shaq was "injured on every part of his body" and that he was "out of shape" and all those other excuses you were making as to why the lakers lost in 2003.

I said Lakers were not in their PRIME when SA beat them, try to keep up with what I'm telling you instead of going circles and trying to concentrate on Shaquille all the sudden?

The discussion is regarding Malone & Duncan quit bringing Shaquille into this, I don't care if Duncan had ten sprained ankles against Detroit, fact remains Duncan never beaten a team as good as Chicago...when he faced LA he either got swept or lost the series, he beat them when Kobe was either not an all-star caliber player or when Shaquille had nagging knee injuries.
Los Angeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 03:39 PM   #52
SsKSpurs21
National High School Star
 
SsKSpurs21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Antonio GO SPURS GO!
Posts: 2,275
SsKSpurs21 has decent reputation
Default Re: GOAT PF : Duncan or K Malone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los Angeles
Yeah you would make complete sense if I actually stated that Malone was better then Duncan, quit getting your panties in a bunch over your favorite player, all I said is you guys have to stop being so damn arrogant when it comes to championships.

Have a mind of your own, and quit judging everything by numbers and accomplishments...take a second too look at the competition.

It's like me winning an MVP in grade 8 and claiming I'm better then someone who's a bench warmer in University. :)


how am i getting my panties in a bunch when iam arguing in a civilized manner?

championships are the measuring stick for any competition. its the reason why you play the game. getting one is hard enough let alone four, no matter which era you played in. you cant just throw that out as if its nothing.
SsKSpurs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 03:43 PM   #53
SsKSpurs21
National High School Star
 
SsKSpurs21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Antonio GO SPURS GO!
Posts: 2,275
SsKSpurs21 has decent reputation
Default Re: GOAT PF : Duncan or K Malone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los Angeles
The discussion is regarding Malone & Duncan quit bringing Shaquille into this, I don't care if Duncan had ten sprained ankles against Detroit, fact remains Duncan never beaten a team as good as Chicago...when he faced LA he either got swept or lost the series, he beat them when Kobe was either not an all-star caliber player or when Shaquille had nagging knee injuries.

lol well then i can make the same case for the lakers not beating a PRIME spurs team. Robinson wasnt the same allstar player, Derrick anderson was injured in 2001 etc. its easy to make excuses.

The Lakers never beat a team as good as chicago... does that hurt shaqs status as most dominant ever?
SsKSpurs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 03:43 PM   #54
Los Angeles
A Diamond In the Rough
 
Los Angeles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,293
Los Angeles has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: GOAT PF : Duncan or K Malone

Quote:
you cant just throw that out as if its nothing.

Having 4 championships is substantially better then having none, doesn't matter the competition, which is why I picked Duncan. But some of you are highly overrating those 4 titles, which is why I bumped heads.

Malone was the better scorer & passer...Duncan is the better rebounder and defender...titles put him over the edge. Malone does have the longevity which is why if Duncan finishes his career on a low note (which I highly doubt), Malone may surpass him again.

When I say Malone was the better scorer & passer, I don't mean by a large margin because I recognize how talented of a scorer and play maker Duncan is.

Last edited by Los Angeles : 08-14-2007 at 03:48 PM.
Los Angeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 03:45 PM   #55
SsKSpurs21
National High School Star
 
SsKSpurs21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Antonio GO SPURS GO!
Posts: 2,275
SsKSpurs21 has decent reputation
Default Re: GOAT PF : Duncan or K Malone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los Angeles
Having 4 championships is substantially better then having none, doesn't matter the competition, which is why I picked Duncan. But some of you are highly overrating those 4 titles, which is why I bumped heads.

Malone was the better scorer & passer...Duncan is the better rebounder and defender...titles put him over the edge. Malone does have the longevity which is why if Duncan finishes his career in a low note (which I highly doubt), Malone may surpass him again.

When I say Malone was the better scorer & passer, I don't mean by a large margin because I recognize how talented of a scorer and play maker Duncan is.

and iam not here to argue that DUNCAN >>>>> MALONE. that is not the case because malone was dominant in his own right. i was basically having some fun with BULLS there and it got a little carried away.
SsKSpurs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 03:46 PM   #56
Los Angeles
A Diamond In the Rough
 
Los Angeles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,293
Los Angeles has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: GOAT PF : Duncan or K Malone

Quote:
The Lakers never beat a team as good as chicago... does that hurt shaqs status as most dominant ever?

Are you serious?

Indiana, Portland, Sacramento, San Antonio are a hell of a lot tougher then what SA had to face to get their 4 championships, don't even go there I'll seriously have a field day with you on that discussion.

Portland of 2000 ain't that far off of how good Chicago was, and San Antonio would have more then likely would have lost to them and probably Sacramento.
Los Angeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 03:49 PM   #57
SsKSpurs21
National High School Star
 
SsKSpurs21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Antonio GO SPURS GO!
Posts: 2,275
SsKSpurs21 has decent reputation
Default Re: GOAT PF : Duncan or K Malone

ok how about philly and the nets? forgot to mention those two. and that portland team was just as good as chicago? how do you figure? just because they struggled to beat them doesnt make them a great team. the warriors beat the mavs, doesnt make them the best team. maybe portland matched up alot better than the other teams.
id like to hear this argument.
SsKSpurs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 03:49 PM   #58
SCY
Put yr guns up
 
SCY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: HoustoN
Posts: 4,268
SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation
Default Re: GOAT PF : Duncan or K Malone

Malone faced better competition, but he also had better teammates. It makes sense too, that if other teams had better players so would his team, but common sense pretty much goes over everyone's head on this board.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 03:57 PM   #59
Los Angeles
A Diamond In the Rough
 
Los Angeles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,293
Los Angeles has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: GOAT PF : Duncan or K Malone

Quote:
nd that portland team was just as good as chicago? how do you figure? just because they struggled to beat them doesnt make them a great team.

You don't deserve an answer, one of the most idiotic statements I've heard regarding basketball in general. That Portland team would have beaten your Spurs in each of those 4 years they won a title, I would put my life on the line.

Anyways I have to go now, was nice talking to you.
Los Angeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 04:33 PM   #60
SsKSpurs21
National High School Star
 
SsKSpurs21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Antonio GO SPURS GO!
Posts: 2,275
SsKSpurs21 has decent reputation
Default Re: GOAT PF : Duncan or K Malone

lakers had a 67-15 record, the trailblazers had a 59-23 record. they were 8 GAMES behind LA in the standings.

blazers had noone on the all nba first team or second team while LA had shaq on first team, kobe on second team. also had kobe first team all defense and shaq second team all defense. only player to make an all NBA team was scottie pippen who was second team all defense. looks like the lakers struggled against a team without any superstars.

"This playoffs is also noted for the late game 7 double-digit collapse of the Portland Trailblazers." i can assure you a great bulls team wouldnt blow a double digit lead.

Last edited by SsKSpurs21 : 08-14-2007 at 04:36 PM.
SsKSpurs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:29 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy