Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-15-2007, 12:13 AM   #76
Los Angeles
A Diamond In the Rough

Los Angeles has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: GOAT PF : Duncan or K Malone

Quote:
blazers had noone on the all nba first team or second team while LA had shaq on first team, kobe on second team.

Steve Smith, Rasheed Wallace, Scottie Pippen, Damon Stoudemire, Arvydas Sabonis, Bonzi Wells, Brian Grant, Detlef Schrempf...their worse player was arguably Jermain O'Neal that year.

Did Detroit have a player on the 1st All-NBA team or 2nd All-NBA team when they won the championship?

They won 59 games in a very difficult conference, they had to face Los Angeles, Sacramento, San Antonio, Dallas...you're saying winning 59 games and being 8 games behind one of the greatest teams ever assembled like it's a bad thing. That team was stacked from bottom to the top, they had experience, quickness, versatility, leadership...they put the strangle hold on Los Angeles at Staples, but that game proved why it's better to have 2 superstars then a bunch of really good players.

If you think Duncan in any of his championship years would beat that Portland team in a best of 7, you need to bring your king down a notch...seriously man.
Los Angeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 01:49 AM   #77
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

G-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation here

as an observer for the past 18 years, Malone seems the superior scorer and at least the equal defensively.

No rings though.
So if you count team success its Duncan, but to me Malone was a better player.
G-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 02:52 AM   #78
SsKSpurs21
National High School Star

SsKSpurs21 has decent reputationSsKSpurs21 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los Angeles
Steve Smith, Rasheed Wallace, Scottie Pippen, Damon Stoudemire, Arvydas Sabonis, Bonzi Wells, Brian Grant, Detlef Schrempf...their worse player was arguably Jermain O'Neal that year.

Did Detroit have a player on the 1st All-NBA team or 2nd All-NBA team when they won the championship?

They won 59 games in a very difficult conference, they had to face Los Angeles, Sacramento, San Antonio, Dallas...you're saying winning 59 games and being 8 games behind one of the greatest teams ever assembled like it's a bad thing. That team was stacked from bottom to the top, they had experience, quickness, versatility, leadership...they put the strangle hold on Los Angeles at Staples, but that game proved why it's better to have 2 superstars then a bunch of really good players.

If you think Duncan in any of his championship years would beat that Portland team in a best of 7, you need to bring your king down a notch...seriously man.

The spurs SWEPT them a year before in the western conference finals, with coach of the year mike dunleavy. only player who wasnt on that team was pippen. i guess you forgot about that.
SsKSpurs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 03:03 AM   #79
YAWN
NBA All-star

YAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

shaq

i know.
its what i like to call a joke.
YAWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 03:12 AM   #80
KWALI
erudite

KWALI has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by SsKSpurs21
The spurs SWEPT them a year before in the western conference finals, with coach of the year mike dunleavy. only player who wasnt on that team was pippen. i guess you forgot about that.

Pippen is a big difference...even at that point becuz he's like the brain
KWALI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 03:17 AM   #81
SsKSpurs21

SsKSpurs21 has decent reputationSsKSpurs21 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWALI
Pippen is a big difference...even at that point becuz he's like the brain

how big of a difference? both of those blazers teams made the western conference finals... dont go and overrate pippen now just to make a case for the lakers barely beating the blazers while the spurs swept them. ok, how many wins would you factor in with pippen there? 2? 3?
SsKSpurs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 03:38 AM   #82
Classic
Kids at the park dunk on me

Classic has an OK reputation so far

6 pages? This shouldn't have lasted 6 posts. Duncan is way better. People who argue for Malone and his stats forget he played with Stockton. Way to pad your stats on pick and rolls. Give me Duncan in the post with a 12 foot bank shot anyday than an annoying announcer saying "Stockton to Malone!" Guy could score because he was big and had a good assist man. Duncan is way more clutch and a game changer on the defensive end. A lot of morons pretending to know basketball spend a lot of time here.

DUNCAN>>>>>malone
Classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 03:41 AM   #83
BA_God
Decent playground baller

BA_God has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

you have double-standard in between Duncan's accomplishment against your team Lakers and your team Lakers' accomplishment against other teams.
If you wanna estimate one player or team fairly, you should not apply double-standards.

Last edited by BA_God : 08-15-2007 at 03:44 AM.
BA_God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 03:45 AM   #84
Los Angeles
A Diamond In the Rough

Quote:
The spurs SWEPT them a year before in the western conference finals, with coach of the year mike dunleavy. only player who wasnt on that team was pippen.

Scottie Pippen, Detlef Schrempf or Steve Smith were not on that team. Yeah that Portland team were talented but they were young, they didn't have the leadership of a Scottie Pippen or their starting SG in Steve Smith. Practically everyone on that team were just starting out, there was no vocal leader and no experience.

Quit bring up what IF, missing TWO starters are HUGE pieces, please don't tell me they were practically the same team in 1999, they were much better in 2000. They beat SA 3 out of the 4 games in 2000, and the only game they lost was very close, SA won by like 4 points.

In 1999 SA swept Portland because of their lack of experience, leadership and Elliott's miracle shot didn't help the cause much either, I'm sure with that young group of players, their confidence shattered right there and then.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:49 AM   #85
Los Angeles
A Diamond In the Rough

Quote:
you have double-standard in between Duncan's accomplishment against your team Lakers and your team Lakers' accomplishment against other teams.

Ok like my team beat San Antonio all three years they were at the top, and in those 3 years I think Portland were our toughest competition, some would say Sacramento...I seriously doubt San Antonio could have beaten the 2000 Portland team in a best of 7 series.

I'm just being honest, I don't understand where the double standard is coming from.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:56 AM   #86
BA_God
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Ok like my team beat San Antonio all three years they were at the top, and in those 3 years I think Portland were our toughest competition, some would say Sacramento...I seriously doubt San Antonio could have beaten the 2000 Portland team in a best of 7 series.

I'm just being honest, I don't understand where the double standard is coming from.

actually 2 years, in 2001, 2002.
and spurs beat lakers in 1999, 2003.
you want to say that in 1999 lakers were not the best, and in 2003 Shaq was injured, is he really injured?
but. in reality.
in 1999 lakers have 4 all-stars. shaq, Van-Excel, Jones were all in their prime and allstar, and even though Kobe was a little bit immature, still a allstar.
in 2003, Shaq and Kobe are All-NBA 1'st teammates.

Last edited by BA_God : 08-15-2007 at 03:58 AM.
Old 08-15-2007, 04:07 AM   #87
Los Angeles
A Diamond In the Rough

Quote:
you want to say that in 1999 lakers are not the best, and in 2003 Shaq was injured, is he really injured?

Kobe was not a superstar the year Lakers got swept nor did we have Eddie Jones, Elden Campbell or Nick Van Axel...that was the year we had Rice & Rider I believe.

Further more I do give San Antonio a lot of credit for their first championship, I'm not going to deny the fact they had their share of challenges that year and were easily the best team that year...however the main point I've been trying to say is that in those 4 years I do not believe SA had a legit opponent like what Malone had to endure against Chicago in those years or even Houston...the minute a dominant team was established, was the same time Duncan started getting swept by the likes of Kobe & Shaquille...THAT's the level of competition Malone had to face in the NBA finals. In 2003, Shaquille was not the same...he clearly had weight issues and both of his ankles were bothering him, SA beat us in 6 games I believe that year? We were over the hill already, only player that was peaking was Kobe, everyone else I believe were on their way down.

I will stand with my belief that San Antonio had it much easier then Utah, on the road to their championships and as I've stated already...Duncan to me is the better player, so take it with a grain of salt if you want.

Last edited by Los Angeles : 08-15-2007 at 04:11 AM.
Old 08-15-2007, 04:13 AM   #88
BA_God
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Kobe was not a superstar the year Lakers got swept nor did we have Eddie Jones, Elden Campbell or Nick Van Axel...that was the year we had Rice & Rider I believe.

Further more I do give San Antonio a lot of credit for their first championship, I'm not going to deny the fact they had their share of challenges that year and were easily the best team that year...however the main point I've been trying to say is that in those 4 years I do not believe SA had a legit opponent like what Malone had to endure against Chicago in those years or even Houston...the minute a dominant team was established, was the same time Duncan started getting swept by the likes of Kobe & Shaquille...THAT's the level of competition Malone had to face in the NBA finals. In 2003, Shaquille was not the same...he clearly has weight issues and both of his ankles were bothering him, SA beat us in 6 games I believe that year? We were over the hill already, only player that was peaking was Kobe, everyone else I believe were on their way down.

I will stand with my belief that San Antonio had it much easier then Utah, on the road to their championships and as I've stated already...Duncan to me is the better player, so take it with a grain of salt if you want.

You have 2 superstars in their prime, Spurs have only 1 Superstar in that span.
and in 2001, spurs' second scoring option was hurt in the previous series(Dallas)
by your logic, that means, Spurs were only defeated by your team once?
and in 2002, Robinson couldn't play the first 2games against your team because of the chronic back-injury.
by your logic, that means, Duncan's Spurs were never defeated by your team lakers?

you really have double-standards.

Last edited by BA_God : 08-15-2007 at 04:36 AM.
Old 08-15-2007, 09:53 AM   #89
John Starks

John Starks has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
In 1999 SA swept Portland because of their lack of experience, leadership and Elliott's miracle shot didn't help the cause much either, I'm sure with that young group of players, their confidence shattered right there and then.

..and yet that young Port team beat Karl Malone's Utah team...and, though Malone was old, he was the reigning MVP.
John Starks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 11:16 AM   #90
Loki
Banned

Loki is considered somewhat coolLoki is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Portland of 2000 ain't that far off of how good Chicago was

Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: