Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-14-2007, 01:18 PM   #16
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: My picks for USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by luigi>mario
hypothetical.
did you read the link? Hinrich and Battier pulled out yesterday, both citing personal issues. Nick Collison is on the senior team as a replacement. If we are going hypothetical then I want Kidd, Kobe, Prince, Duncan/KG and shaq

Last edited by boozehound : 08-14-2007 at 01:20 PM.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 01:18 PM   #17
Make It Rain
Banned

Make It Rain has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
Shane Battier will not do good in international competition another overrated Defender. Just because Battier is good in college doesn't mean he will be good in a much tougher international competition.
Not true. Battier played well in the last international competition and has fared well in the NBA. He's one of the non-star players that I think is good for the team. Hopefully, LeBron has developed a jumpshot by now. Cocky bastard thinks he doesn't need a jumpshot to succeed.
Make It Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 01:19 PM   #18
luigi>mario
Now known as Luigi

luigi>mario has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
did you read the link? Hinrich and Battier pulled out yesterday, both citing personal issues. Nick Collison is on the senior team as a replacement. Nothing hypothetical about it.

Dude... read the first post. I said I know a lot of them won't end up playing. I was just saying of all the guys on the roster, healthy or not. I should try to be more clear but I thought the hypothetical thing would have done it.
luigi>mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 01:20 PM   #19
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleNader
Are you an idiot? Shane was one of our best players during the 06 Worlds. Our best defender in the perimeter and post, as well as one of our top three point shooter. Go learn something before you spout off ignorant nonsense.
its lebron23. of course hes an idiot.
Old 08-14-2007, 01:21 PM   #20
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation

Quote:

Oh yea
AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 01:22 PM   #21
Lebron23
Banned

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleNader
Are you an idiot? Shane was one of our best players during the 06 Worlds. Our best defender in the perimeter and post, as well as one of our top three point shooter. Go learn something before you spout off ignorant nonsense.

I never saw his facking stats beside the USA Team are really the favorite to win the FIBA Competition. How can they stop a rampaging Greeks who is hitting those 3 Points shoot in the corner.

It is like Korea beating CHina in the 2002 Asian Games because the Koreans are hitting long bombers that Yao Ming and his Chinese Squad cannot defend.

But this time team basketball and the deep of the team is alot better than hitting some miracurous 3 pointers.

Last edited by Lebron23 : 08-14-2007 at 01:25 PM.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 01:23 PM   #22
Lebron23
Banned

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Ofcourse your mom told me your a piece of Shyt.

I will seacrch for Battiers stats and his effieciency rating is not even better than Lebron James.

A$$HOLE

Antonio Fotsis of Greece will only kick Battier's @ss. How can he stop a guy who can shoot 3 pointers and a great rebounder in the Greek National Team.

Last edited by Lebron23 : 08-14-2007 at 01:28 PM.
Old 08-14-2007, 01:28 PM   #23
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
Ofcourse your mom told me your a piece of Shyt.

I will seacrch for Battiers stats and his effieciency rating is not even better than Lebron James.

A$$HOLE
what does an efficiency rating really add up to? Of course bron is a better focal point on a team and therefore has more points (more shots), more assists and more rebounds. You do realize that lots of important actions occur during the course of any bball game that are not recorded statistically? If I need a 3 who will be asked to defend the best perimeter player on the other team, stroke his open shots and play all around smart ball on the offensive and defensive side (in other words I have other top dog scorers on the team already - much like team usa) I take batt every time. and I hate dookies.
Old 08-14-2007, 01:50 PM   #24
John Starks
National High School Star

John Starks has an OK reputation so far

My pick is that they have more than 2 weeks of practice.

What is this, they practiced for a week last month - for the sole purpose of a televised scrimmage - now they get back together for another week before the tourney?

If we're going to go to the trouble of bringing together a team to win, may as well put them in a position to win by having some damned practices.
John Starks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 01:54 PM   #25
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation

Quote:
What is this, they practiced for a week last month - for the sole purpose of a televised scrimmage

Actually, they practiced for 2 days before their scrimmage.

And yes, you are correct, USA Basketball still can't address this most serious of problems
AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 02:06 PM   #26
Lebron23
Banned

2006 FIBA World Championship

Semi Finals

Spain 75- Argentina 74

Greece 101- 95 USA

Finals

70 Spain- 47 Greece ( run out of luck , lightning does not strike twice in the same ground)

Battle for 3rd

USA 96- Argentina 81 ( 1st win since Argentina pull an upset win in the 2002 FIBA Championship in Indianapolis and beating a very young USA Team in 2004 Olympics in Athens. Greece)

Final 4 in the Olympics

1. USA
2. Spain
3. Lithuania
4. Greece

Their no reason that the USA team will lose this one the competition is very close among the top 5 elites team in the Olympics. I say do not combine all the one dimensional player in a starting line up and always put a shooter in the USA line up.

Perimeter defending must be one of the concern of the team because those european just go bezerk hitting impossible 3 pointers. I say put a running team as their starting 5 unit then in the final quarter put all the veterans and shooters on the floor.

Team USA 2008

Starting 5

C- Chris Bosh
F- Amare Stoudemire
F- Carmelo Anthony
G- Kobe Bryant
G- Jason Kidd

Off the bench

C- Dwight Howard
F- Kevin Durant
F- Lebron James
G- Michael Redd
G- Deron Williams

F- Carlos Boozer
F- Mike Miller

Reserve

G- JJ Reddick
C- Tyson Chandler

Well, Balance lineup and bringing back the GOLD in 2008.

Last edited by Lebron23 : 08-14-2007 at 02:26 PM.
Old 08-14-2007, 02:19 PM   #27
CakeorDeath
Local High School Star

CakeorDeath has decent reputation

Quote:
The team needs players who are good, not average.

No, the team needs players that won't declare themselves the leader of the team before the squad plays one second together, and players that won't lock themselves in their hotel room and cry when they don't get the kind of recognition they deserve.

All that these "good" players have ever been able to do is bring home bronze. Time to shake it up a bit and form a team that will play as a solid unit. You know, like the guys from Spain, Argentina, and Greece.
CakeorDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 02:35 PM   #28
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

dejordan has an OK reputation so far

is there any new word on wade? i know brand won't be able to go this summer due to the achilles thing, but do we have an update on wade's recovery? joe johnson too. he's coming off something isn't he?

i'm psyched to see kidd in international play again. he tore it up in the last world championships he was in, hitting wingmen like crazy. kobe too. it'll be interesting to see if they integrate him or just expect him to get his own. i think melo showed us that high post basket attackers with quick pullups are very effective, and kobe can definitely excel with that sort of game. i hope he doesn't get marginalized out there with lebron and kidd doing ALL the handling while he sits at the three point line all game.
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 02:36 PM   #29
Optimus Prime
Swaggy

Optimus Prime has an OK reputation so far

You're being a total prick, but this post made me laugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BULLS
No, the team needs guys who are capable of putting up 30 whenever the hell they want to, not scrubs who can put up 10 if they try their hardest.

The team needs guys who can single-handedly take over a game, not scrubs who couldn't score on a girl.

All these "defensive-minded, hustle guys" wouldn't win one game if an entire lineup consisted of them. You need guys who can put the ball in the hoop with ease, not scrappy scrubs who use every ounce of energy in their body to score 2 points.

Team A

LeBron
LeBron
LeBron
LeBron
LeBron

Team B

Battier
Battier
Battier
Battier
Batter

Team A could be playing with 5 broken legs and win by 40.
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 02:44 PM   #30
CakeorDeath
Local High School Star

CakeorDeath has decent reputation

Quote:
No, the team needs guys who are capable of putting up 30 whenever the hell they want to

It is this exact attitude that has cost the USA their dominance in international play. You are more obsessed with individual numbers than forming a cohesive unit.

Quote:
not scrubs who can put up 10 if they try their hardest.

1. Battier is far more than a scrub.

2. At least I know with him that he will ALWAYS try his hardest, and never pout like a baby when things don't go his way, or think only within the mindset of "I've got to get my numbers, even if we lose."

Quote:
The team needs guys who can single-handedly take over a game,

Not multiple guys, just one guy, and that player is Bryant. The rest of the time the tempo, and the game, should be controlled by the point guards.

Quote:
All these "defensive-minded, hustle guys" wouldn't win one game if an entire lineup consisted of them.

Who said anything about filling an entire roster with them? I simply told you what I want out of our small forwards. That's one position. For the record, I think we stand the greatest chance of success if we formulate a team based on these qualifications:

PG: must be pass first, steady, creative, and good on defense. Kidd, Williams, Billups, and Hinrich all fit the bill perfectly.
SG: This is your primary weapon and your "take the game over if necessary" guy. Bryant is all you need here.
SF: Discussed earlier. Defense, Intangibles, hustle. Doesn't dominate the ball. Hits the open jumper, and has range beyond the arc. Battier, Mike Miller, Tayshaun Prince.
PF: Plays the pick and roll perfectly, money within 18 feet, crashes the boards relentlesly. Passes well out of the post, block, and double team. Too bad Boozer and Brand are both unavailable, because both would be perfect here.
C: Also plays the pick and roll well, constantly moving towards the basket for short jumpers, hooks, and putbacks. A rebounding monster as well, and plays much of the game above the rim. Lots of blocks. Howard, Stoudemire, Chandler.

Quote:
Team A

LeBron
LeBron
LeBron
LeBron
LeBron

Team B

Battier
Battier
Battier
Battier
Batter

What I'm suggesting is a team of

Kidd/Williams/Billups
Bryant/Redd
Prince/Battier/Miller
Boozer/Brand
Stoudemire/Howard/Chandler

Not all those guys are available but this is the kind of team we should be putting together. And that team would destroy your all LeBron team 10 times out of 10.
CakeorDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: