Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-14-2007, 01:44 PM   #1
Lebron23
Banned

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Elias " Larry' Ayuso - Great Puerto Rican Baller

Elías "Larry" Ayuso (born in March 27, 1977, in the Bronx, New York) is a Puerto Rican professional basketball player. Ayuso has played in the NCAA and the National Superior Basketball League of Puerto Rico (BSN) with Arecibo Captains, San German Athletics, Quebradillas Pirates, and the Santurce Crabbers. Ayuso particiapted in 2003 Pre-Season Training Camp of the San Antonio Spurs and the 2006 Pre-Season Training Camp with the Denver Nuggets of the NBA. Ayuso has played internationally with Montegranaro in Italy, Ionikos in Greece, Beşiktaş in Turkey, Spartak St. Petersburg in Russia, the Zalgiris Kaunas in Lithuania, and the KK Split in Croatia. Ayuso is a member of the Puerto Rican National Basketball Team since 2001.

Position Shooting guard

Nickname Larry
League A1 Liga
Height 6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)
Weight 200 lb (91 kg)
Team KK Split
Nationality Puerto Rico
Born March 27, 1977 (1977-03-27) (age 30)
the Bronx, New York, U.S.
College USC
Draft Not drafted

Biography

Ayuso led the BSN in scoring in 2002 with 703 points and a 24.2 PPG average.

During the summer of 2004, Ayuso was a member of the 2004 Puerto Rican National Team that participated in the 2004 Olympics which defeated the United States.

In 2005, Ayuso helped the Captains win their first title since 1959 when Arecibo beat the Bayamón Cowboys in four games at the BSN finals.

During the summer of 2006, Ayuso was a member of the 2006 Puerto Rican National Team that participated in the 2006 FIBA World Championship. Ayuso scored 106 points with a 21.2 PPG and shot a .629 3-point percentage during the tournament. Ayuso finished tied for fourth in PPG in the 2006 Worlds. Due to his outstanding performance during the 2006 Worlds the Denver Nuggets invited him to the 2006 Training Camp and was added to the Pre-Season roster.

In February 2007, Ayuso signed with the KK Split of the Croatian A1 League.

During the summer of 2007, Ayuso joined the Santurce Crabbers of the BSN before joining the Puerto Rican National Team.

Ayuso is a graduate of the University of Southern California with a bachelor’s degree in social science

Career:

1995-1996: New Mexico JC
1996: Piratas de Quebradillas (PUR-BSN) 27g 8.6ppg 1.4rpg 0.6apg
1996-1997: USC (NCAA)
1997: Piratas de Quebradillas (PUR-BSN) 17g 6.4ppg 1.9rpg 0.4rpg
1997-1998: USC (NCAA)
1998: Quebradillas
1999: Piratas de Quebradillas (PUR-BSN) 28g 10.3ppg 1.7rpg 1.0apg
2000: Humacao Grays (1T)
2000: Atleticos de San German (PUR-BSN) 28g 16.2ppg 3.0rpg 1.7apg
2000: drafted by Tampa Bay ThunderDawgs (USA-ABA,8rd(72))
2001: Atleticos de San German (PUR-BSN,1T): 23ppg, 4.4rpg, 1.8apg
2001-2002: In Oct.'01 signed with Premiata Calzatura Montegranaro (ITA-Lega2): 28 games: 17.1ppg, 2.3rpg, 13ast, 1.3spg
2002: Atleticos de San German (PUR-BSN): Score-1(24.2), Free-4(86.4%), "3"-1(4.6), 3.4rpg, 1.9apg
2002-2003: Grand Rapids Hoops (CBA,1T): 25 games: 22.3ppg, 2.6rpg, 3.1apg, 1.5spg, then in Jan.'03 joined Ionikos N.F. Thessaloniki (GRE-A1): 15 games: 20.9ppg, 1.7rpg, 1.6apg, 12steals
2003: Atleticos de San German (PUR-BSN) 4g 19.5ppg 4.5rpg 3.7apg
2003-2004: San Antonio Spurs (NBA): waived in Oct.'03, later that month signed at Besiktas Istanbul (TUR-D1): 24 games: 17.4ppg, 1.7rpg, 2.3apg
2004: In May signed at Atleticos de San German (BSN)
2004-2005: Spartak St.Petersburg (RUS-A Superleague): released in Oct.'04 before the season started
2005: Capitanes de Arecibo (BSN,1T): 31 games: Score-3(23.9ppg), 3.5rpg, 2.7apg, Steals-2(1.5spg), 2FGP: 46.0%, 3FGP-1(39.0%), FT: 88.0%
2005-2006: Dallas Mavericks (NBA), pre-season games, then joined B.C. Zalgiris Kaunas (LTU-LKL): Euroleague: 8 games: 10.2ppg, 1.7rpg, 1.1apg, 2FGP: 35.4%, 3PT: 37.2%, FT: 63.1%; Baltic League: 8 games: 13.8ppg, 2.5rpg, 1.4apg, 1.2spg, 2FGP: 33.3%; Lithuanian League: 5 games: 16.4ppg, 3.0rpg, 1.6apg, 1.6spg, left in Jan.'06
2006: Capitanes de Arecibo (PUR-BSN)
2006-2007: Denver Nuggets (NBA), left before the season started, in Jan.'07 joined KK Split (CRO-A1,1T): Adriatic League: 5 games: 12.6ppg, 3.2rpg, 2.4apg, 1.0spg
2007: In June signed at Cangrejeros de Santurce (PUR-BSN,1T)

Awards/Achievements:

Puerto Rican National Team -99-07
Puerto Rican PRSBL All Star Game -01
Centrobasket -01 (Champion) ,03 (Champion)
Tournament of the Americas (Copa America) –01(Semifinals), 03, 05
Puerto Rican BSN Semifinalist -01
"Suiza Fruit" 3pts shooting contest at Puerto Rican All-Star Game -2002
World Championships in Indianapolis (USA) -02
CBA All-Star Game -03
CBA All-Star Game Long Distance Shootout Finalist -03
Greek A1 All-Star Game -03
Pan American Games -03(Bronze Medal)
Puerto Rican BSN Semifinals -03, 06
Eurobasket.com Turkish League All-Imports 2nd Team -04
Turkish League Semifinals -04
Olympic Games in Athens -04
Centrobasket in Santo Domingo -04 (Finalist)
Latinbasket.com All-Puerto Rican BSN Player of the Year -05
Latinbasket.com All-Puerto Rican BSN Guard of the Year -05
Latinbasket.com All-Puerto Rican BSN Domestic Player of the Year -05
Latinbasket.com All-Puerto Rican BSN 1st Team -05
Latinbasket.com Puerto Rican BSN All-Domestic Players Team -05
Puerto Rican BSN Champion -05
Centrobasket -06: (Bronze): 5 games: 16.8ppg, 2.2rpg, 1.8apg, FGP: 70.8%, 3PT: 46.4%, FT: 57.9%
World Championships in Japan -06: 5 games: 21.2ppg, 1.6rpg, 1.8apg, 1.2spg, 2FGP: 55%, 3FGP: 62.9%, FT: 78.3%
Puerto Rican BSN All-Star Game -06
Eurobasket.com All-Croatian A1 League Import Player of the Year -07
Eurobasket.com All-Croatian A1 League 1st Team -07
Eurobasket.com Croatian A1 League All-Imports Team -07

I know he once made it in the NBA by playing with the Spurs but he never earn minutes. He is one of my favorite International Players and the real star player of the Puerto Rican National Team.

Can he make it in the NBA at age 30 yrs.old??? He is a great shooter and can be decent back up to teams who lack an outside gunner. Ayuso reminded me of a prime David Wesley when he was playing for the Charlotte Hornets, a streaky shooter despite being a little bit undersize.

One of the few players that team USA needs to guard tightly because when Larry is Hot, he is very difficult to stop.

Highlights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haaUcKktG2s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWDXjVvLh4s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0D0s...elated&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKwuJ...elated&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkKjb...elated&search=

We can see alot of Ayuso in the 2007 FIBA Americas Tournament

Last edited by Lebron23 : 08-14-2007 at 06:22 PM.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 06:14 PM   #2
NYKnicks914
Decent playground baller

NYKnicks914 has decent reputation
Default Re: Elias " Larry' Ayuso - Great Puerto Rican Baller

It's been loads of fun watching him light up our country's team in international play
NYKnicks914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 06:18 PM   #3
Jimmy2k8
NBA rookie of the year

Jimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation here

ATTN Lebron23.

Next time don't copy+paste. Write your own for once, damnit.
Jimmy2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 06:20 PM   #4
Lebron23
Banned

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy2k8
ATTN Lebron23.

Next time don't copy+paste. Write your own for once, damnit.

Just look at the bottom page fruitcake and you can see my message. Most of the peeps in ISH does not even know Elias Ayuso, so the best way to introduce him is to make a thread about this Puerto Rican Legend.
Old 08-14-2007, 06:27 PM   #5
Jimmy2k8
NBA rookie of the year

Jimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
Just look at the bottom page fruitcake and you can see my message. Most of the peeps in ISH does not even know Elias Ayuso, so the best way to introduce him is to make a thread about this Puerto Rican Legend.

If you're going to make a thread, atleast write your own instead of copying and pasting from Wikipedia.

Explain these sites.

His International stats.

Wikipedia entry

Provide details in your owns words. not from other sites.

Seriously
Old 08-14-2007, 06:31 PM   #6
Lebron23
Banned

Quote:
If you're going to make a thread, atleast write your own instead of copying and pasting from Wikipedia.

Explain these sites.

His International stats.

Wikipedia entry

Provide details in your owns words. not from other sites.

Seriously

Who in the blue hell are you another dumb gimmick poster running their mouth in ISH?

Before you pick me around make sure that you are the most respectable poster in ISH.

Else,I do not have a time to listen to your annoying, unfunny, unoriginal baiting in the forum.

You know JImmy2k7 , are you a Jabroni?

Last edited by Lebron23 : 08-14-2007 at 06:37 PM.
Old 08-14-2007, 06:31 PM   #7
ForceOfNature
In It to Win It

ForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputation

I know about Ayuso, I first saw him against the U.S. in 2004. "Larry" should play in the NBA, he's a terrific shooter.
ForceOfNature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 06:33 PM   #8
Agent_Zero
Great college starter

Agent_Zero is considered somewhat coolAgent_Zero is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Who in the blue hell are you another dumb gimmick poster running their mouth in ISH?

Before you pick me around make sure that you are the most respectable poster in ISH.

Else,I do not have a time to listen to your annoying, unfunny, unoriginal baiting in the forum.

Dude, we all know you copy and paste. just calm down.
Agent_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 06:35 PM   #9
Lebron23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceOfNature
I know about Ayuso, I first saw him against the U.S. in 2004. "Larry" should play in the NBA, he's a terrific shooter.

That is what i am talking about Ayuso is a certified baller and he can really shoot from the outside. The first time i saw this guy played in the Olympics in 2004, I know that he got mad skills that will take him into an NBA level.

The only problem is he is a little bit undersize to play the SG Spot in the NBA but he can be a reliable 6th man off the bench.

PS, another off topic posts and i would report you to the moderator of this site.
Old 08-14-2007, 06:39 PM   #10
thenextgreatbigman
Banned

thenextgreatbigman has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

and why is that? right now you're the least respectable
thenextgreatbigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 06:39 PM   #11
HollaBolla
Banned

HollaBolla has an OK reputation so far

Carlos Arroyo made Ayuso, without a good PG, Ayuso is nothing, he can play but not NBA material if u ask me.
HollaBolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 06:43 PM   #12
Lebron23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollaBolla
Carlos Arroyo made Ayuso, without a good PG, Ayuso is nothing, he can play but not NBA material if u ask me.

I ignore the loser above your post but to tell you the truth Hollabolla. Ayuso can play ball even with out Arroyo. He is already dominating some league in europe and in his country of Puerto Rico. Once a shooter always a shooter, it does not need a PG to set you up, beside he is one of the fastest player in the Puerto Rican National Team. He is the 3rd or 4th best scorer in the 2006 FIBA championship.

Ayuso can at least play in the NBA he has many opportunities but he always change his mindset and play in europe instead.
Old 08-14-2007, 06:57 PM   #13
Jimmy2k8
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:

You know JImmy2k7 , are you a Jabroni?

Dumb? I am smart and I don't copy and paste like you do. Why the hell should I respect you?

I am not even picking on you. I am just telling you to stop stealing from other sites and write your own information IN YOUR OWN WORDS.

You think I am a loser too? Please. I can whomp your ass anyday of the money.
Old 08-14-2007, 07:02 PM   #14
Lebron23
Banned

Quote:
Dumb? I am smart and I don't copy and paste like you do. Why the hell should I respect you?

I am not even picking on you. I am just telling you to stop stealing from other sites and write your own information IN YOUR OWN WORDS.

You think I am a loser too? Please. I can whomp your ass anyday of the money.

BIG MOUTH , if you are intelligent enough which i do not even believe:) IMO, you are stupid enough to pick a fight in the internet.

You cannot even win an argument and now you want to hit me.. You are talking to much beside do not ask for what you cannot even take.

Let see throw a punch at me???? You are the one who started this fiasco and i really hate you for being one of the worst homer in this site. I do not even critisize your spam posts because i have no time dealing with a paranoid like you. Ask Dr. Phil because you are losing a graps of reality by attacking me on my own thread. This is about Elias Ayuso the pride of puerto rico and your inserting your agenda in my thread.

This might be the last time i would reply to your insults because just the way it started i am the better man... FRUITCAKE2K8.

Last edited by Lebron23 : 08-14-2007 at 07:12 PM.
Old 08-14-2007, 07:09 PM   #15
Jimmy2k8
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
BIG MOUTH , if you are intelligent but you are stupid enough to pick a fight in the internet.

Let see throw a punch at me???? You are the one who started this fiasco and i really hate you for being one of the worst homer in this site. I do not even critisize your spam posts because i have no time dealing with a paranoid like you. Ask Dr. Phil because you are losing a graps of reality by attacking me on my own thread. This is about Elias Ayuso the pride of puerto rico and your inserting your agenda in my thread.
This might be the last time i would reply to your insults because just the way it started i am the better man... FRUITCAKE2k7

I don't care if you hate me. Its the internet and you won't even find me in real life. and spamming? Wow 32 post per day is what I call spam. All I said was to not copy and paste, you could have just said "Ok I won't copy and paste".

Like I really care about one of the worst posters on this site.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: