Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-14-2007, 07:06 PM   #1
Liberalo
Banned

Liberalo has an OK reputation so far
Default Non Laker fans - Your stance on Bynum

What do you folks think about Bynum and his ceiling?
We had a heated discussion about him on the Lakers forum and some fans even compared him to the likes of Duncan and D. Robinson. I personally think that's RIDICULOUS.

As for his upside, I'd say he's going to become what Kandiman and Magloire should've been...a consistent 15-10 guy with good shotblocking, average man defense and a decent impact.

I was labeled as hata for that prediction.

Also, Laker fans are generally very high on him and so is the Lakers FO. Or just high. Period.

Realistically, what do you guys think? He has good post moves for his age, decent footwork, great size and length however he gets outmatched athletically against a lot of players, Dalembert and Wilcox come to mind...
He also has a nice form on his shot, a good FT shooter and might develop some mid range game.
Defense is work in progress as he's too raw but shotblocking is already good due to his size and length.

Decent player but I can't see him getting more than 15-10 if he pans out.

What do the rest of you think?
Liberalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 07:11 PM   #2
ChiBulls7
www.droseroy.com

ChiBulls7 has decent reputationChiBulls7 has decent reputation
Default Re: Non Laker fans - Your stance on Bynum

That kid has a ton of potential. I could easily see him hitting arount 17-18pts and 10-11 reb a game. He's so young, if he has a good work ethic he should do very well.
ChiBulls7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 07:17 PM   #3
LAZYBOY
PERMA-BANNED

LAZYBOY has an OK reputation so far

I don't see the talent other people see for some reason, I see him being above average...tops.
LAZYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 07:26 PM   #4
Aussie Dunker
Local High School Star

Aussie Dunker has decent reputationAussie Dunker has decent reputation

im a beleiver, i think he will be somwhere around where al jefferson will be...

18/11
Aussie Dunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 07:29 PM   #5
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

brantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I really don't see the man-crush on Andrew Bynum by lakers fans, apprently there was a stretch in the season where he 'dominated' the league or something like that but managed to fall flat on his face. But as other people say, he is still incredibly young but I wouldn't want him on my team.
brantonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 07:32 PM   #6
Optimus Prime
Swaggy

Optimus Prime has an OK reputation so far

What Lakers fans are these? Most Lakers fans agree with Kobe. Andrew Bynum? Ship him out! This is Jason Kidd we're talking about here.

And yes, Kupcake and Co. are high..................period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberalo
What do you folks think about Bynum and his ceiling?
We had a heated discussion about him on the Lakers forum and some fans even compared him to the likes of Duncan and D. Robinson. I personally think that's RIDICULOUS.

As for his upside, I'd say he's going to become what Kandiman and Magloire should've been...a consistent 15-10 guy with good shotblocking, average man defense and a decent impact.

I was labeled as hata for that prediction.

Also, Laker fans are generally very high on him and so is the Lakers FO. Or just high. Period.

Realistically, what do you guys think? He has good post moves for his age, decent footwork, great size and length however he gets outmatched athletically against a lot of players, Dalembert and Wilcox come to mind...
He also has a nice form on his shot, a good FT shooter and might develop some mid range game.
Defense is work in progress as he's too raw but shotblocking is already good due to his size and length.

Decent player but I can't see him getting more than 15-10 if he pans out.

What do the rest of you think?
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 07:34 PM   #7
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

A more lowblock-oriented player with Z Illgauskas at his best's impact.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 07:39 PM   #8
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

picc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantonli
I really don't see the man-crush on Andrew Bynum by lakers fans, apprently there was a stretch in the season where he 'dominated' the league or something like that but managed to fall flat on his face. But as other people say, he is still incredibly young but I wouldn't want him on my team.

Man crush? Laker fans?

Where?

The guy has been fantasy traded by us more than Jimmy Jackson.
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 07:42 PM   #9
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

brantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by picc84
Man crush? Laker fans?

Where?

The guy has been fantasy traded by us more than Jimmy Jackson.

However, some Lakers fans seem to think that a Kwame+Bynum for JErmaine O'Neal would suffice, citing Bynum's incredble potential.
brantonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 07:49 PM   #10
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

Bynum should've gone to Connecticut and been able to develop as a True C as well as getting a good education and taking part in orgies in the dorm rooms
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 07:50 PM   #11
haji_d_robertas
Good High School Starter

haji_d_robertas has an OK reputation so far

I think it's way too early to tell on Bynum. If the Lakers went with Jermaine O'neal and Kwame Brown with Bynum coming off the bench, they might get to the second round.
haji_d_robertas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 07:52 PM   #12
Optimus Prime
Swaggy

Optimus Prime has an OK reputation so far

JO is broken down and shoots 40%. However, Kwame + Bynum wouldn't be enough for JO, simply because of salary reasons.

Quote:
However, some Lakers fans seem to think that a Kwame+Bynum for JErmaine O'Neal would suffice, citing Bynum's incredble potential.
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 07:58 PM   #13
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

picc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

And yet somehow you interpret them wanting to trade him for someone else as having a man-crush on him.

Which would make more sense if they wanted to keep him. Of course laker fans want to trade bynum and kwame for JO. We would like to trade farmar and mo evans for steve nash too but it doesnt mean we have a crush on jordan's potential, just that we want to make ridiculous advantageous trades.
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 08:05 PM   #14
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

I don't see this "potential". What does that even mean? He's young? He's show flashes of... something?

Admittedly I haven't seen a ton of Lakers games because I'm on the east coast, but in the 3-4 games I watched last year, I didn't see him do anything special at all.

He often seemed to get into foul trouble early on, and really didn't show me any amazing low post moves.

I think the Lakers are wasting their time on this kid.

First off, even if he does turn into a superstar, it's obviously not going to happen for 2-3 years at the rate he's going.

It doesn't make sense to develop him while you have Kobe on the roster.

They need to make a damn decision if they're rebuliding, or going for a title, and go with it.

They can't afford to do both, because they don't have the salary cap with Kobe on the books.

SA gets away with developing young guys because their veterans are making squat, and they often take picks late in the draft, that they're paying nothing on for the first 3 years of their contract. Often it's a european player who fell late in the draft because of contract issues.

With Odom and Kobe's contracts, (not to mention Kwame eating up like what? 9 mil?) the Lakers just can't afford to hold onto Bynum. It's stupid.

Besides which, if the Lakers trade Bynum, people will talk, but if its a good trade, it'll be over and done with.

If the Lakers trade Kobe, then Mitch K. looks even more stupid as the guy who not only traded away Shaq, but the guy who traded away Shaq and Kobe.

On a side note, I don't think the Shaq trade was that bad. Obviously his ability has been declining since he went to Miami, and he did get one title, but beyond that he's been injury prone, and tired.

Where LA screwed up was the Kwame trade. Butler developed into an all star, and Kwame developed welts on his face from all the times he was posterized.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 08:21 PM   #15
04mzwach
NBA sixth man of the year

04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool

if he does reach his ceiling, he should average about 28/14. i'm not saying that he will reach his ceiling. but if he had the work ethic of dwight howard or somebody like that, then he could over-power everybody in the paint and scoop up rebounds easily. the man has a lot of promise, but i dont know if he can reach the peak that his coaches probably expect him to.
04mzwach is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: