Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-14-2007, 08:33 PM   #16
Human Error
Proves idiots wrong

Human Error is starting to rub some people the wrong wayHuman Error is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Non Laker fans - Your stance on Bynum

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04mzwach
if he does reach his ceiling, he should average about 28/14. i'm not saying that he will reach his ceiling. but if he had the work ethic of dwight howard or somebody like that, then he could over-power everybody in the paint and scoop up rebounds easily. the man has a lot of promise, but i dont know if he can reach the peak that his coaches probably expect him to.
No way. Bynum is more of a Kevin Duckworth/Brendan Haywood type athlete rather than someone whom the Laker fans think Bynum will be.
Human Error is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 08:45 PM   #17
Darkess
High School Varsity 12th Man

Darkess has not been impressing people

I think he's only average. He might get 15 and 8 some day.
Darkess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 08:54 PM   #18
Bigboi450
I airball my layups

Bigboi450 has an OK reputation so far

I am a Lakers fan and I don't see Bynum doing more that 15 and 10 and 2 blocks. As a fan I hold out hope that he will Eddy Curry one day and just become a more than average contributor. I believe he will peak at an Elden Campbell level. Mitch don't like winning!
Bigboi450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 08:54 PM   #19
luigi>mario
Now known as Luigi

luigi>mario has an OK reputation so far

When I first saw him I was really impressed, but I am a sucker for the blocked shot.

After seeing all the hype I got really worried.

I expect him to be a 15-10-2 player, which is great. I would take that as my starting center. If I had to choose between him and say....oh I don't know...Jermaine Oneal ...thats the ironic part.
luigi>mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 08:59 PM   #20
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

picc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation here

He was actually playing pretty well last year until he hit a wall. Better than Kwame at least.

Nevermind.
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 09:03 PM   #21
Phenith
NBA Junkie!

Phenith has decent reputationPhenith has decent reputation

IF his potential pans out he will be something like a 20/14/3/3 guy...

But a more likely peak is somewhere in the 15ppg, 10rpg, 2bpg/apg which is totally respectable.

He is only 20, so we are still 4-6 years from his prime and he went 8/6/1.5 last year. As soon as he get control of himself and gets some consistency we will see what he can do.
Phenith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 09:56 PM   #22
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

We SHOULD of had Kidd...and I would trade him with the right package to get JO.
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 10:22 PM   #23
Rebel INS
I hit open 5-footers

Rebel INS has decent reputation

There aren't many low post seven footers that have his physical abilities. He is tall, has quick feet, and nice hook shot. I would be shocked if he turns out to be anything less than 15-10.
Rebel INS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 10:34 PM   #24
WuTangWizard
Local High School Star

WuTangWizard has an OK reputation so far

Compare Kwame's second year to Bynum's. Very similiar. Bynum will probably follow in his footsteps. The Laker's need to trade him now if they want anything in return.
WuTangWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 10:41 PM   #25
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

RecSpecs110 is considered somewhat coolRecSpecs110 is considered somewhat cool

Well, I'm just glad we didn't get him and lose Kidd.
RecSpecs110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 10:42 PM   #26
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

picc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuTangWizard
Compare Kwame's second year to Bynum's. Very similiar. Bynum will probably follow in his footsteps. The Laker's need to trade him now if they want anything in return.

Make no mistake about it. No matter how overrated he may be, Bynum on his worst day is still better than Kwame 'hot potato' Brown.
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 10:51 PM   #27
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

What "Laker fans" are saying Bynum could be like Duncan? Perhaps I missed that thread...

Can you tell us who said that and call them out specifically?

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 10:54 PM   #28
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

bleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

right now, Bynum is 11th amongst all centers in rebounds per 48min (minimum of 20 minutes per game).
that's pretty darn good for the youngest in the league.

he is also 3rd in blocked shots per 48min amongst all centers (again, minimum of 20min per game).

perhaps those are the things GMs are seeing in him...and why they want him.

Last edited by bleedinpurpleTwo : 08-14-2007 at 10:58 PM.
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 10:55 PM   #29
dawsey6
/thread

dawsey6 has decent reputationdawsey6 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecSpecs110
Well, I'm just glad we didn't get him and lose Kidd.

A. Men.

The league's new Darius Miles.
dawsey6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 11:09 PM   #30
xxxSuperStar
I Like Tacos

xxxSuperStar has an OK reputation so far

What Bynum has: good rebounding skills, good shot blocking skills, good size, good footwork.

Needs to: Work on aggressiveness, man to man defense and IQ.

IMO Best Case: Multiple All-star 22 pts, 11 boards, two+ blocks in prime

IMO Worst Case: Brendan Haywood (serviceable starter for many years)

He is just so very suspect and I think that relates to what he has shown on the IQ/aggressiveness side. Those things are sometimes born with you, you either have them and don't, and I'm not sure he has them, which is my only hang up on him.
xxxSuperStar is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: