Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-14-2007, 09:03 PM   #1
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

RecSpecs110 is considered somewhat coolRecSpecs110 is considered somewhat cool
Default Kobe's 81 point game on ESPN Classic

I finally got to see the whole game and the context of Kobe's 81 points. From watching highlights or hearing it on the news, it seems like he was making every shot. Once I saw the actual game, I realized just how many shots he took and how many he missed along the way.

But his 2nd half was simply amazing, and the crowd was ecstatic. This game was definitely fun to watch.
RecSpecs110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 09:11 PM   #2
luigi>mario
Now known as Luigi

luigi>mario has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Kobe's 81 point game on ESPN Classic

I too missed the game until seeing it on ESPN classic today. I gotta say the game itself was pretty lack luster/hard to watch. Even with Kobe overcoming the deficit.

Kobe loves the three point elbow. He shot 7-13 for three and 28 - 46 in all. Only 13-18 from the line (I expected a TON more), all in regulation play, and the best part was he overcam a deficit to win the game, most of his points were genuinly needed. And with having the ball that often, only 3 turnovers. Get him a roleplayer cast, If I were him I would push to move east.
luigi>mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 09:17 PM   #3
Devientz
High school junior varsity star

Devientz has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecSpecs110
I finally got to see the whole game and the context of Kobe's 81 points. From watching highlights or hearing it on the news, it seems like he was making every shot. Once I saw the actual game, I realized just how many shots he took and how many he missed along the way.

But his 2nd half was simply amazing, and the crowd was ecstatic. This game was definitely fun to watch.

Yea I remember watching that game live. It was weird..it really just seemed like another game untill halfway through the 4th qt....Then all the sudden he was closing in on 70with 5mins left...i was like.."holy ****....wtf is going on!?!"
Devientz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 09:50 PM   #4
Loki
Banned

Loki is considered somewhat coolLoki is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by luigi>mario
Only 13-18 from the line (I expected a TON more)

Kobe was 18-20 from the line that game, not 13-18.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 11:15 PM   #5
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod

haterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this board

Quote:

his second half minus the last 3 minutes of the 4th were amazing.
haterofhaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 11:18 PM   #6
Los Angeles
A Diamond In the Rough

Los Angeles has an OK reputation so far

I actually missed that game, I was watching the 2nd quarter when LA were down big and I took my girl to work...I came back and went on MSN to chat with my friends, all I know is I turned the TV back on and Kobe was on the bench and the entire crowd kept cheering his name.

So I thought he hit a big shot to win the game or something, until I seen the score was lopsided, when I realized he scored 81 points, first thing I did was put my clock for 5am to catch as many high lites as I could.
Los Angeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 11:40 PM   #7
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los Angeles
I actually missed that game, I was watching the 2nd quarter when LA were down big and I took my girl to work...I came back and went on MSN to chat with my friends, all I know is I turned the TV back on and Kobe was on the bench and the entire crowd kept cheering his name.

So I thought he hit a big shot to win the game or something, until I seen the score was lopsided, when I realized he scored 81 points, first thing I did was put my clock for 5am to catch as many high lites as I could.
Damn ever hear of NBA TV? They were probably replaying that sucker all night long.
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 11:42 PM   #8
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by haterofhaters
his second half minus the last 3 minutes of the 4th were amazing.

Well, obviously he can't be perfect for the entire 24 minutes. But 50+ points for a half is hard to beat.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:44 PM   #9
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Surprised noone is making the claim that they were at the arena that night sitting next to Jack.........
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 11:48 PM   #10
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
Surprised noone is making the claim that they were at the arena that night sitting next to Jack.........

As if people would believe that person.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:49 PM   #11
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation

The night the game happen it was 10:00 in Toronto and I started to watch it, but I say the first quarter and it didn't look like anything special and I was tired so I went to bed. The next morning I woke up and heard every where (the T.V, the radio, ect..) that he scored 81 and I was pissed as hell.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 11:52 PM   #12
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod

haterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this board

Quote:
Well, obviously he can't be perfect for the entire 24 minutes. But 50+ points for a half is hard to beat.
it wasn't even about him missing shots... every point after 70 was unneccessary and was just padding the stats.
haterofhaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 11:54 PM   #13
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by haterofhaters
it wasn't even about him missing shots... every point after 70 was unneccessary and was just padding the stats.

Oh, that's what you meant.

Yeah, I agree. He demanded the ball on every possession, and his teammates were more than willing to give it to him. I was saying to myself "Why don't all 5 Raptors guard Kobe?"
Old 08-15-2007, 12:00 AM   #14
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

brantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I had just received my school report (and because of that I'll always remember the exact date, 22-01-2006) and I was sitting down for lunch and turned on the tv. There was Kobe making a shot and I heard the commentator say 'Just 4 away from Elgin Baylor's laker record, Kobe again, YES!' I was trying to remember what baylor's record was before they showed Bryant at 71 points and I just couldn't eat lunch, just watched the game as Kobe drilled 4 free throws to get to 81 points. It was just mindnumbing.
brantonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 12:19 AM   #15
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

brantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

double post.
brantonli is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: