Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-15-2007, 02:39 PM   #31
Liberalo
Banned

Liberalo has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Kobe's 81 point game on ESPN Classic

Kobe should do it again.
The Lakers don't have much of a team so Kobe should dedicate the next season to topping 35 ppg and having as many high scoring games as possible.
He should set a goal for himself to average over 40 ppg and top an 81 pt game.
Yes, it's a lot to ask for but Kobe's great and great people set high goals for themselves.
That's what Kobe should do.
Screw the Lakers. He should go all out for his individual achivements and just like Smush, he should have fun but he should be smart about it and try to conserve as much energy as possible.

He should literally show no intention of passing the ball and being a team player this year. None whatsoever. The best thing is to play a one man game and only pass when it's needed or when he gets tired.

If I were him, that would be a plan. Although, I'd also consider sitting out.
Liberalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 03:40 PM   #32
JalenRawley
Local High School Star

JalenRawley has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecSpecs110
I finally got to see the whole game and the context of Kobe's 81 points. From watching highlights or hearing it on the news, it seems like he was making every shot. Once I saw the actual game, I realized just how many shots he took and how many he missed along the way.

But his 2nd half was simply amazing, and the crowd was ecstatic. This game was definitely fun to watch.

I was out of town at a session in Colon, Michigan (trust me, all of the jokes -have- been made, but they never do get old!) when that game happened. I came home a week or so later to see all of the highlights and everything plastered everywhere. I scoured the net for a ripped copy of the game, but nobody had it. I didn't set SageTV (software based DVR) to record it because how was I to know he was going to go off like that? But, I found a pay download on Google Video for $3, and bought it. Apparently, Google Video is dumping all of their content and you can apply for refunds for things you bought, so I guess unless I figure out a way to download it or rip it I'll lose the HD copy of it, but I haven't watched it in a while anyway.

And of course, I have to wince a bit when he started lighting up on Jalen Rose ;) I was most impressed with how he was taking shots from pretty much -everywhere- on the court. He was completely in the zone, and had he come out of the gate shooting, who knows what he would've ended up with? Insanity!
JalenRawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 04:15 PM   #33
Jimmy2k8
NBA rookie of the year

Jimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberalo
Kobe should do it again.

No he should not do it again, oneway. The chances of scoring 70 or more points are 1 in a million.

Here is a list of people that have scored 70 or more points.

Wilt Chamberlain
Elgin Baylor
David Thompson
David Robinson
Kobe Bryant

and if he attempts to score 70 or more points again, then it will be difficult.
Jimmy2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 04:18 PM   #34
Kobe24
Banned

Kobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy2k8
No he should not do it again, oneway. The chances of scoring 70 or more points are 1 in a million.

Here is a list of people that have scored 70 or more points.

Wilt Chamberlain
Elgin Baylor
David Thompson
David Robinson
Kobe Bryant

and if he attempts to score 70 or more points again, then it will be difficult.

Kobe can EASILY score 70 points against a Memphis like team. Remember all those 60 point games last year? It looked so natural, I think he can do it.
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 04:33 PM   #35
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think that it would be hard for the current NBA player to surpass Kobe Bryant's 81 Point production. Maybe a healthy Wade can do it once Shaq is retired and the Heat are back into an average team in the Eastern Conference.

The thing that i like about the game of Kobe Bryant is this guy is probably one of the best natural scorers in the game, it might be an off night or a good night for Kobe will definitely score at any given opportunity. The important question is can he translate scoring in winning more games in the regular season?

It reminded me of a young Michael Jordan in his prime was an offensive juggernaut in the 1980's and this does not translate to winning until MJ learn to trust his teammates more so that guys like Scottie Pippen, Horace Grant, Kerr and later Dennis Rodman can contribute to team success.

Kobe will probably slow down when he turn 32-33 yrs.old and during that time i can visualize him being a veteran role model to his teammate. He will get his teammates involve and passed the torch to a much younger guy.

At the end of his NBA Career casual fans would always remember the remarkable performance, he put up againts the Toronto Raptors by scoring 81 Points in a modern NBA Game.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 04:35 PM   #36
Kobe24
Banned

Kobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Maybe a healthy Wade can do it once Shaq is retired and the Heat are back into an average team in the Eastern Conference.

If anyone has the chance to do it, it's Lebron.
Old 08-15-2007, 04:39 PM   #37
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation hereIGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation hereIGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation hereIGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation hereIGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation hereIGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe24
If anyone has the chance to do it, it's Lebron.

No one in the NBA right now can score 80 points in a game except Kobe...Especially in regulation..
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 04:40 PM   #38
Kobe24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
No one in the NBA right now can score 80 points in a game...Especially in regulation..

I agree but if anyone had a chance to come close to it, imo it would be Lebron only if he improves his jumpshot.
Old 08-15-2007, 06:05 PM   #39
ChrisConley
Local High School Star

ChrisConley has an OK reputation so far

I think Kobe could get 81 again. He's just not selfish enough to try it. Is he? I think he could avg 40 too if he really thought "F the Lakers". He had 27 40+ games out of 80. If he called for every shot, he could avg 40 easy.
ChrisConley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 08:19 PM   #40
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethetriangle
I was most surprised that Lamar never got a chair and hit Kobe on the head with hit. Kobe just refused to pass that ball.

Nonetheless, it was un****ingbelievable.

Whats funny is that Lamar being the great teammate that he is challenged Kobe...he would tell him, "You cant get 60"...then "You cant get 70"...then "You cant get 80". Lamar was pushing for Kobe to score...what a teammate
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 08:22 PM   #41
Soundwave
NBA lottery pick

Soundwave is considered somewhat coolSoundwave is considered somewhat cool

Won't happen again.

For starters, when it comes to defense Sam Mitchell can be a stubborn moron.

If Kobe gets to that point again, you can bet any other coach in the NBA would double team him for the entire 2nd quarter to prevent that from happening.
Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 08:24 PM   #42
Dodonpa
Great young streetballer

Dodonpa has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Maybe a healthy Wade can do it once Shaq is retired and the Heat are back into an average team in the Eastern Conference.

Wade?! are you kidding me

Without a long range, that is impossible. Centers can all score from inside easily. For shooting guards, you better be able to drive, and shoot from anywhere on the court.

I think Melo has more chance than Wade or Lebron. Those 2 can't shoot.
Dodonpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 08:27 PM   #43
Loki
Banned

Loki is considered somewhat coolLoki is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe24
Kobe can EASILY score 70 points against a Memphis like team.

At least you realize that he only does damage against poor teams...
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 08:38 PM   #44
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

To call the Raptors defense that game disgusting is a complete understatement. I don't care how talented Kobe is, you don't let someone score 81 on you. That's embarrasing. How can you sleep at night knowing that you got b!tchslapped like that?!?! Put him on his @ss when he drives to the hole. I'm not saying that you need to be dirty about it, but send a message
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 08:58 PM   #45
thenextgreatbigman
Banned

thenextgreatbigman has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
To call the Raptors defense that game disgusting is a complete understatement. I don't care how talented Kobe is, you don't let someone score 81 on you. That's embarrasing. How can you sleep at night knowing that you got b!tchslapped like that?!?! Put him on his @ss when he drives to the hole. I'm not saying that you need to be dirty about it, but send a message
he had like 60 with less than 5 minutes to go. for the last 5 minutes he took every single laker shot (odom had a 3 but thats it), the game was done and he was throwing **** up.
if that was me i'd break his legs. They trapped him on the baseline and he still threw up a shot even though there were 4 other guys open.
thenextgreatbigman is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: