Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 07-15-2006, 01:10 PM   #1
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

bleedinpurple has an OK reputation so far
Default would you make this trade

Mihm, McKie, Cook
for
Quinton Richardson & Jackie Butler (S&T)

NY is looking to trade Richardson...and Butler is a young monster.

Lakers get quality depth
NY gets short contracts.
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 01:48 PM   #2
lakers4life
I airball my layups

lakers4life has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurple
Mihm, McKie, Cook
for

Lakers get quality depth
NY gets short contracts.

sure i would definitely do it. one problem, do u think ny would actually go for that?
lakers4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 01:55 PM   #3
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

bleedinpurple has an OK reputation so far

would who do it?
I think the Knicks would as they would like the short contracts and get rid of Richardson who was a big Larry Brown supporter.

I think it would greatly help the Lakers, but we would have to be willing to take Richardson's 4 year contract. Greater question...would Richardson be happy with being the 6th man? or compete with Rad to start?
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 06:24 PM   #4
d_white089
Let's Go.....

d_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Mihm, McKie, Cook
for

Lakers get quality depth
NY gets short contracts.

Good idea, but one problem...Isiah doesn't like trades that make sense...
d_white089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 12:44 AM   #5
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_white089
Good idea, but one problem...Isiah doesn't like trades that make sense...

LOL.

well I don't think New York would because first of all Jackie Butler appears to be heading to SA if the knicks dont match the offer.

Secondly Quentin is tooo valuable to just get rid of.

Besides New York has a lot of centers and that trade probably wouldnt make sense for us either considering we got a bunch of gaurds and swingmen.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 03:32 PM   #6
marny_navis
Banned

marny_navis has decent reputation

I like the trade. Richardson gives us another quality shooter for Kobe. This has been one heck of an offseason for us. We get Radmonovic, who I think could be the next Peja if he sets his mind to it. Quentin would give him the push he needs to be great. I was so scared whenever we played Sacremento back in the early 2000's simply b/c of Peja. Just imagine what great scoring runs he could give us. And then to have Q-Rich to step in for him and give him good, quality rests, while we still don't miss a beat? You can't put a price on that, no matter how big or long Q-Rich's contract is. This makes me very excited for the upcoming season. I think now we just need a defensive minded PG, much like Banks, to hold our team together while we wait on Farmar, and we will b/come a solid team and a huge threat on the perimeter. Instead of Jackie Butler, maybe add Jerome James for us and Devean George for them, so we will don't rush Kwame and Andrew B into a starting role too soon. Good job, Kupcake!
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 06:21 PM   #7
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by marny_navis
I like the trade. Richardson gives us another quality shooter for Kobe. This has been one heck of an offseason for us. We get Radmonovic, who I think could be the next Peja if he sets his mind to it. Quentin would give him the push he needs to be great. I was so scared whenever we played Sacremento back in the early 2000's simply b/c of Peja. Just imagine what great scoring runs he could give us. And then to have Q-Rich to step in for him and give him good, quality rests, while we still don't miss a beat? You can't put a price on that, no matter how big or long Q-Rich's contract is. This makes me very excited for the upcoming season. I think now we just need a defensive minded PG, much like Banks, to hold our team together while we wait on Farmar, and we will b/come a solid team and a huge threat on the perimeter. Instead of Jackie Butler, maybe add Jerome James for us and Devean George for them, so we will don't rush Kwame and Andrew B into a starting role too soon. Good job, Kupcake!

I like Q but he wouldnt be worth our cash if he's commin off the bench...he would have to fight for the starting role which i do believe he has a good chance of getting...banks is no defensive minded pg...far from it..he's an offensive spark plug whose quickness is what people like about him...and no way on jerome james..guys got a huge contract and is overweight and an underachiever...i think butler is a far better pick up than him
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 05:20 PM   #8
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I still think We can't get richardson.

I'd like to have him...how much money is he making?
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 05:29 PM   #9
BOOHYAH310
I airball my layups

BOOHYAH310 has no real reputation yet.

Did J. Butler sign an offer sheet with the Spurs?
BOOHYAH310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 06:21 PM   #10
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA sixth man of the year

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOHYAH310
Did J. Butler sign an offer sheet with the Spurs?

Not Yet...the knicks got an extra day from the league to keep him or let him go
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 07:50 PM   #11
KnicksFan4Life
Banned

KnicksFan4Life has an OK reputation so far

What stoned mofo told you we were looking to trade Richardson? We want to keep Richardson. We don't want those bums offered in that trade. We are getting seriously ripped off in this trade. You will never steal Q-Rich away from the Knicks
KnicksFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 08:11 PM   #12
kkinchen
High school junior varsity star

kkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
would who do it?
I think the Knicks would as they would like the short contracts and get rid of Richardson who was a big Larry Brown supporter.

I think it would greatly help the Lakers, but we would have to be willing to take Richardson's 4 year contract. Greater question...would Richardson be happy with being the 6th man? or compete with Rad to start?

Ricardson definitely wouldn't be starting over Radmanovic, but he would make one helluva 6th man. Besides, its not like he is starting in New York. Could you imagine the bench for the Lakers then.

Shammond Williams
Maurice Evans
Quentin Richardson
Ronny Turiaf
Andrew Bynum

That would be one of the best benches in the league. That is speed, quickness, athleticism, shooting, size, and strength. I think the only one that would object to that is Luke Walton.
kkinchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 08:36 PM   #13
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkinchen
Ricardson definitely wouldn't be starting over Radmanovic, but he would make one helluva 6th man. Besides, its not like he is starting in New York. Could you imagine the bench for the Lakers then.

Shammond Williams
Maurice Evans
Quentin Richardson
Ronny Turiaf
Andrew Bynum

That would be one of the best benches in the league. That is speed, quickness, athleticism, shooting, size, and strength. I think the only one that would object to that is Luke Walton.

FOr the bucks Q is making he will definitly start...he can shoot like radmon but he also playes D, takes it too the hole, draws fouls...and just works hard in general...It makes no sense to pick him up if he's going to come off the bench which is why i dont think this will ever happen...we already have a lot of swingmen...not worth the cash to have him...and next year we will have cap space...why fill it up w Q's contract...we have evans, radmon, lamar, and luke at the 3 with odom switching from the 3 and 4...i think thats solid enough...Mark my word...evans will be the big surprise for the lakers next year...he will provide a ton of athleticism and toughness...plus we got luke off the bench...people dont give him enough credit for what he does...he can run the floor, board, and his specialty is passing which is key in the triangle...we just need a reliable low post big man and then we will really be contending..
Old 07-18-2006, 08:41 PM   #14
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Life
What stoned mofo told you we were looking to trade Richardson? We want to keep Richardson. We don't want those bums offered in that trade. We are getting seriously ripped off in this trade. You will never steal Q-Rich away from the Knicks

Makes more sense to trade him given you guys will get expiring contracts...something u guys seem to really hate having (penny, tim thomas, etc..). if you guys ever want to be contenders...you need to have cap space and not have the big contracts of the NBA's most underachievers...u guys got francis, marbury, crawford, rose, curry, all under big multi year deals...those players will NOT win a championship...need to unload one or 2 of those...
Old 07-18-2006, 08:52 PM   #15
KnicksFan4Life
Banned

KnicksFan4Life has an OK reputation so far

Underacheivers?

Marbury: great scorer and 2 time All-Star
Francis: good scorer and 4 time All Star
Rose: good career numbers and 2 time All Star(I think its 2)
Crawford: good scorer especially when he's hot, clutch
Curry: he is only 23, if he develops, he will be a good center

Why would we trade away Q-Rich, a good young talent? It doesn't make sense to trade away your good young talent
KnicksFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: