Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 07-18-2006, 08:54 PM   #16
BOOHYAH310
I airball my layups

Q Rich makes a lot of money...I don't know what is left on his contract but I don't think the salaries would match..

The Knicks really should look to dump salaries but with Zeke running the team next year, I think they will try to make this lineup work (especially since he is responsible for setting it up as it stands), and then blow the team up after they fail.
BOOHYAH310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 09:10 PM   #17
traditionone
High school junior varsity star

If the Knicks can trade anyone on their roster with the exception of Nate, Frye and Lee, and get back expiring contracts in return, then they should do it. Their only hope is starting all over.

I don't want any New York Knick except for Frye and David Lee. They can keep everybody else.
traditionone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 09:29 PM   #18
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by traditionone
If the Knicks can trade anyone on their roster with the exception of Nate, Frye and Lee, and get back expiring contracts in return, then they should do it. Their only hope is starting all over.

I don't want any New York Knick except for Frye and David Lee. They can keep everybody else.

Frye doesnt play that good of Defense but he sure can put that ball in the hoop.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 10:29 PM   #19
traditionone
High school junior varsity star

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Frye doesnt play that good of Defense but he sure can put that ball in the hoop.

He's going to get better. The same with David Lee.
traditionone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 04:35 AM   #20
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

I have been Looking at the player's salaries.

I have been thinking, if a team agreed to take george from us for about 5-6 million per year...Why dont we sign and trade for an expiring contract?

I looked on some rosters and there are some pretty good contracts about to expire from players that are in their last year.

I think we should try it. It will help Mitch with his plan.
Old 07-19-2006, 09:45 AM   #21
bigdog13
High School JV MVP

Default What!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!?!?!?!?!!!!

Quote:
I have been Looking at the player's salaries.

I have been thinking, if a team agreed to take george from us for about 5-6 million per year...Why dont we sign and trade for an expiring contract?

I looked on some rosters and there are some pretty good contracts about to expire from players that are in their last year.

I think we should try it. It will help Mitch with his plan.

He already is an expired contract!!!!!!!! sign him and trade for an expiring contract one year in the future? what does that mean???? it does not make sense.
Lakerfreak PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF CALIFORNIANS please please Stop thinking; it is very dangerous. No team is going to agree to pay him 5 million. If they want to sign him for $5Million and they would not want to they would use their mid-level exception and not have to trade for him. And as everyone has told you the best George will get is the $1.18million veteren minimum and 1/2 of that is paid by the league. there will be no trade value for Devean.
bigdog13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 01:08 PM   #22
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog13
He already is an expired contract!!!!!!!! sign him and trade for an expiring contract one year in the future? what does that mean???? it does not make sense.
Lakerfreak PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF CALIFORNIANS please please Stop thinking; it is very dangerous. No team is going to agree to pay him 5 million. If they want to sign him for $5Million and they would not want to they would use their mid-level exception and not have to trade for him. And as everyone has told you the best George will get is the $1.18million veteren minimum and 1/2 of that is paid by the league. there will be no trade value for Devean.

Well it was just my assumption but lets say he signs for a pretty decent contract then I would say give us an expiring contract from an old player.

Devean George isnt exactly horrible. He helped us in our major win over phoenix in game 4 of the playoffs. and in previous years against minnesota....etc.

Hes a good leader.
Old 07-19-2006, 01:24 PM   #23
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Well it was just my assumption but lets say he signs for a pretty decent contract then I would say give us an expiring contract from an old player.

Devean George isnt exactly horrible. He helped us in our major win over phoenix in game 4 of the playoffs. and in previous years against minnesota....etc.

Hes a good leader.

Yea i dont see the logic in sign and trading him for an expiring contract when he is not even under contract. No team will pay him 5-6 million a year...maybe the knicks but not any other team. The next contract he gets will be well below 5 million. Yea he's not horrible but would you pay him 5-6 mill for a multi year deal? If you would then you should go join isaiah at the knicks. He is injure pron, inconsistent, and past his prime (if he even got to a prime point). Yea he hits a few open 3's here and there but no way he's worth that kind of money...i still dont understand your logic in s&t him for an expiring contract when his is already expired
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 01:39 PM   #24
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

the only way a DGeorge S&T would make sense is:
1st, we get a player in exchange that we deem to be very useful
2nd, the trading partner has to deem DGeorge very useful at the same cost

It's highly unlikely that there is a team who desires DGeorge and, at the same cost, has a player we could use.

Having said that...perhaps S&T DGeorge and Vujacic for Brevin Knight?
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 01:06 AM   #25
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurple

Having said that...perhaps S&T DGeorge and Vujacic for Brevin Knight?

Nah. Smush is better.
Old 07-20-2006, 02:05 AM   #26
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Nah. Smush is better.

yea righttt mannn...knight would be perfect for the triangle...a true pass first point gurard...the last 2 years with the bobcats he's avged about 9 assists per game...ive seen multiple games where he had 15 assists..this guy is a leader and as steady a point guard you are going to get...you must not watch ball other than the lakers becasue this guy would help big tme...kobe needs a reliable passer and he is definitly that...yea smush prob has a better offensive game but we have other scorers to do that...smush has up side but he will never be a pass first point guard...thats not something you learn...you either are or arnt...if we had the chance to get knight we should definitly take it...i think you need to watch games other than just the lakers and figure out what a team needs in their point guards..
Old 07-20-2006, 03:52 AM   #27
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
yea righttt mannn...knight would be perfect for the triangle...a true pass first point gurard...the last 2 years with the bobcats he's avged about 9 assists per game...ive seen multiple games where he had 15 assists..this guy is a leader and as steady a point guard you are going to get...you must not watch ball other than the lakers becasue this guy would help big tme...kobe needs a reliable passer and he is definitly that...yea smush prob has a better offensive game but we have other scorers to do that...smush has up side but he will never be a pass first point guard...thats not something you learn...you either are or arnt...if we had the chance to get knight we should definitly take it...i think you need to watch games other than just the lakers and figure out what a team needs in their point guards..

But man the triangle doesnt need a pass first. It doesnt matter for the triangle as long as u have a PG/SG that can shoot and drive and of course dribble

Also, I only get to watch bobcats games when they play the lakers on FSN because they suck so much they dont even get aired yet. they will soon im sure but I am telling u Brevin doesnt fit our system.
Old 07-20-2006, 09:55 AM   #28
bigdog13
High School JV MVP

Default Dumbass

Yes you need offsensive players for the triangle. you need people who can score or drive but the passing is what develops the open dunks.
It is important that the floor is balanced and spaced for cutters and there is constant passing and movement by the offensive team. The triangle offence often leaves the baseline open, where a great offensive player like Lakers guard Kobe Bryant likes to drive. If defensive help comes, Bryant can dump the ball off to centre Shaquille O'Neal for the dunk. This is developed by passing ans quick cuts.
bigdog13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 11:49 AM   #29
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

lakerfreak, you gotta watch some other teams. Smush is not that good. average defender and a good slash to the basket. that's it. He shouldn't be a starter on any team. Brevin Knight is #2 in assists, consistently hits outside shots (not a slasher), and is an above average defender. More importantly, he can defend real PGs (bibby, nash, etc) where Smush cannot.
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 01:13 PM   #30
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

Quote:
But man the triangle doesnt need a pass first. It doesnt matter for the triangle as long as u have a PG/SG that can shoot and drive and of course dribble

Also, I only get to watch bobcats games when they play the lakers on FSN because they suck so much they dont even get aired yet. they will soon im sure but I am telling u Brevin doesnt fit our system.

I had nba league pass the last 2 years...you cant judge how good players on a team are based on how much air time or how good their records are...these guys are the best players in the world...just because they have a crap record doesnt mean they dont have good players on their team...this team only started 2 years ago..and lakerfreak you really need to learn more about basketball before you make comments that dont make sense...you just watch the lakers and automatically think they are the best players but their are better players out their that would fit the laker system better than others...im not talking about superstars im talking about role palyers...and knight is a role player that would play a significant role in the triangle..you think the triangle works just just by scoring?...little more to it than that...swinging the ball and finding the cutters is what opens it up...in any offense you need passing...not just the triangle and the point guards duty is to pass..and i honestly trust knights steady offensive game to smushs inconsistent playmaking....listen up to bleedinpurple too..he knows what hes talking about
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: