Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 07-20-2006, 09:29 PM   #31
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Ok the only thing I am trying to point out is that brevin knight isnt as good a shooter. last time I checked the triangle needs all of what u guys said but also an open shooter. U can have all the organized plays in the world but it wont matter of ur gaurd cant put it in the hoop. Thats all I was making a point of.

U dont NEED a gaurd that can average 9 assists. thats all I was trying to say.

I am not taking away from any of ur knowledge either I know that Bleedin purple and U (ihatetimthomas) and Bigdog13 knows what hes talkin about too.

Its not that I think lakers are the only good players in the world. If that was the case then they shoulda won last year. I know that smush isnt the best Gaurd. But I absolutely loved the job he did and I dont understand why we would need to trade for another gaurd that doesnt know the triangle.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 10:08 PM   #32
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

all im trying to say is that your point guard doesnt need to be a big factor on scoring as he needs to be in facilitating...and smush isnt the best shooter...he is most effective when he drives and i think knights shot is at least just as good...and yes you dont need 9 assists but why wouldnt you want to have that? if you have a guy who is consistently being the playmaker, it will free up odom more becasue he will look to score more than pass like he always does...all im saying is a pass first type point guard is ideal for the triangle and our situation...we rely heavily on odom to create shots for others when really he should he focusing mainly on scoring
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 10:09 PM   #33
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

bleedinpurple has an OK reputation so far

I hear ya Lakerfreak. Smush DID step up last year. He is still young and if he continues to improve, he could be a solid 6 or 7 man. I don't see him ever being a starting PG for a championship-caliber team. who knows, maybe he will prove me wrong.
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 10:27 PM   #34
Lakerfan
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Lakerfan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurple
I hear ya Lakerfreak. Smush DID step up last year. He is still young and if he continues to improve, he could be a solid 6 or 7 man. I don't see him ever being a starting PG for a championship-caliber team. who knows, maybe he will prove me wrong.

Solid 6 or 7 is great. Starting PG is better. The Lakers could have adressed it for the future signing Banks. He is going to grow with the Suns for 4 years. Would have been nice seeing him in a Laker uniform for that amount of time next to Kobe. Kobe does alot for Smush's game but he would have done way more for Banks who is a better defender, which is what the Lakers need. The Pg doesn't have to score alot, Banks averages about maybe 7-9 points, but can explode for more. In addition to that he plays good consistent D. Not a bad mix to watch grow with Kobe in his prime. Too bad it's a scenario and not a reality.
Lakerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 10:43 PM   #35
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Life
Underacheivers?

Marbury: great scorer and 2 time All-Star
Francis: good scorer and 4 time All Star
Rose: good career numbers and 2 time All Star(I think its 2)
Crawford: good scorer especially when he's hot, clutch
Curry: he is only 23, if he develops, he will be a good center

Why would we trade away Q-Rich, a good young talent? It doesn't make sense to trade away your good young talent

your not going to tell me this line up will win a championship..and yes they are all underachievers for the amount of money they make...they should all be allstars for the amount they make...and francis was an allstart purly because he was a fan fav...not bc he deserved it...if i was going to make a team...i wouldnt want any of those guys on my team...they all need thwe ball to be effective..all are score first....its just a ticking time bomb waiting to explode
Old 07-22-2006, 02:04 PM   #36
KnicksFan4Life
Banned

KnicksFan4Life has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
your not going to tell me this line up will win a championship..and yes they are all underachievers for the amount of money they make...they should all be allstars for the amount they make...and francis was an allstart purly because he was a fan fav...not bc he deserved it...if i was going to make a team...i wouldnt want any of those guys on my team...they all need thwe ball to be effective..all are score first....its just a ticking time bomb waiting to explode

How dumb are you? Francis did deserve to be an All-Star, he was a great scorer in Houston. If we judged players by how much dough they make, then shouldn't Kwame and Lamar be good players?
KnicksFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 12:22 AM   #37
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
How dumb are you? Francis did deserve to be an All-Star, he was a great scorer in Houston. If we judged players by how much dough they make, then shouldn't Kwame and Lamar be good players?

U have to watch laker games to understand how good these guys are.

Stat's dont tell the whole story. It matters if they play well when we need them too.

Kwame averaged almost a double double after mihm's injury and Odom has been a success for us ever since he got here.

And what ihatetimthomas is trying to tell u is that they all need to earn their salary but they arent because u have a crappy ass GM.
Old 07-28-2006, 05:15 PM   #38
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

Quote:

You are an idiot...look at francis now...one of the most unwanted players in the league...he can score but that is it..and look at the teams hes been on...all never were good playoff teams and improved when he left...im glad the lakers dont havethe garbage that the knicks had otherwise wed be like you guys...which is the crappiest, most overpaid, crappiest managed team in the league...sucks to be a knick fan
Old 07-29-2006, 03:36 AM   #39
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Default I have an Idea.

I hear cleveland is looking for a good outside shooter.

Why not Trade Sasha Vujacic to Cleveland for Anderson Verajo (idk how to spell it)

The salaries Match up and everything. They get a guy who can hit for them the open 3 especially when he gets hot hes unstoppable. And we get a rebounding and scoring guy thats similar to Melvin Ely.

Please dont make fun of this Idea I think it can work.
Old 07-29-2006, 01:19 PM   #40
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
I hear cleveland is looking for a good outside shooter.

Why not Trade Sasha Vujacic to Cleveland for Anderson Verajo (idk how to spell it)

The salaries Match up and everything. They get a guy who can hit for them the open 3 especially when he gets hot hes unstoppable. And we get a rebounding and scoring guy thats similar to Melvin Ely.

Please dont make fun of this Idea I think it can work.

sorry Lakerfreak, I have to make fun of it. Rule #1, never trade a solid big for a solid small. We don't even know if Sasha is a solid small. He didn't get much playoff time, losing out to an average player (Smush). AV is viewed as their PF of the future. Otherwise, they would have quickly signed-up Drew Gooden.
Old 07-29-2006, 01:46 PM   #41
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

ahh poo i thought it was good.
Old 07-29-2006, 02:56 PM   #42
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
ahh poo i thought it was good.

keep 'em coming
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: