Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-15-2007, 07:51 AM   #1
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Your Team's Moves - Grade Em...

I'm curious what people think of their favorite team's moves this offseason so far and what you would like them to do. (This thread is going to get downright delusional...WE SIGNED MIKKI MOORE, TITLE IS IMMINENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

I'm a Knicks fan, I liked the Zach Randolph trade. Can he play with Curry? No Idea. If you can get a legit 25-10 (note, not 20-10, 25-10!) for someone you badly want gone (Francis) and the softest forward in history (Frye) I'd say do it. (Yes, Frye is soft. 7 footers who drift outside the paint by design on every play are soft.) And I'd like them to package some of our excess and get someone else if possible, but not artest, not for either Balkman or Lee. (Lee right now is a better proposition than Artest who might meltdown and has only 1 year on his contract, and Balkman does some of the same things Artest does, cheaper and without change of legal problems.)
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 07:55 AM   #2
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!

Mr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Your Team's Moves - Grade Em...

A+ for Boston...We got my favorite player Ray Allen and KG...I smell the Finals
Mr_Basketball#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 08:04 AM   #3
Liberalo
Banned

Liberalo has an OK reputation so far

I like what the Knicks have done as well. Playing together and complementing each other will be an issue but your team has a lot of talent. Hopefully they manage to even things out and trade pieces that don't fit for pieces that fit better.

Anyway, my team's the Lakers, huh? Okay, well...

Crittenton - Seems like a good prospect. I think they drafted really well based on what I know about Crittenton.

Fisher - They overpaid for him but he's an upgrade over Smush. Not a big upgrade but he's a superior player to Smush due to his intelligence, shooting and experience. Although another old MLE signing. Fisher is already 33 years old. It's a decent move but nothing groundbreaking.

Resigning of Walton - Hated it. Who the hell has Luke Walton as your 3rd best player? Who the hell has him as a starter? Luke would be a great 6th man but I hate him as a starter. Another intagables player with weak defense, athleticism and what to say, I wanted someone athletic with defense.

Resiging of Mihm - I really like this move. Mihm was very solid when he was healthy and the Lakers got him for cheap.

Overall, I give them 3/10.

They haven't done enough. Kobe still wants to leave. They're better than last year but not by much. Other teams improved, too. The Lakers will most likely fight for a playoff spot again.
I hate it.
The FO is incompetent and content with mediocrity or so it seems.
They're very risk averse but the problem is that they've lost the privilege to play it safe. They blew that privilege a long time ago.
Pitful.
The worst FO in the league.
I predict they win around 45 games if everything goes right but no more than that while I also think that it's possible they miss the playoffs but Kobe probably won't let it happen.

All in all, I'm very dissapointed. They don't have creativity, they don't know how to take good risks, they don't have a vision to win with Kobe, they have future plans while a star player is an all time great in his prime etc.

Incredibly dissapointing and frustrating. Words can't express my sorrow.
Liberalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 08:04 AM   #4
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Basketball#1
A+ for Boston...We got my favorite player Ray Allen and KG...I smell the Finals

Yeah, i can't imagine a Boston fan sitting there and saying "yeah, this offseason sucked, only 2 hall of famers picked up..."
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 08:25 AM   #5
Black Durant Jam
I hit open 5-footers

Black Durant Jam has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Yeah, i can't imagine a Boston fan sitting there and saying "yeah, this offseason sucked, only 2 hall of famers picked up..."
Ray Allen isn't HoF yet
Black Durant Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 08:34 AM   #6
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

brantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Whoohoo Rockets!!!!!!

Lets see:

Mike James for Juwan Howard.
I'm the sort of guy who likes Howard's lockerroom leadership, but this trade was needed.
A

Shane Battier for Rudy Gay and Stromile Swift.
This trade (I can't find exact quote but apprently JVG said it) was engineered by Morey when he was still training under Carrol Dawson, and even though we should've squeezed an extra second round pick, this was a solid trade. a B-

Luis Scola, Jackie Butler for Vassilis Spanoulis, cash consideration and second round pick.
I LOVE THIS TRADE!!!!!!!!! Will be overshadowed by Celtic's trade as one of the most spectacular trades Morey pulled off.
A++++++++

Signing of Steve Francis and Rick Adelman.
Man, could you say nostalgia? Steve 'I built Compaq Center' Francis is back and he's only 30. Heck, KG is 30 and nobody is complaining that he's washed up. Francis will not be the all-star he was, but he'll be able to flourish in Adelman's system. And of course, Rick Adelman's offense is alwys fun to watch, but I hate it when people say 'it was their defence that kept them last season, and they'll do worse next season because of it'. Adelman's teams are always underrated defensively, plus they were top 2 in defensive efficiency a few seasons ago.
A

Bonzi Wells is back.
This is due almost entirely to Adelman. I'm still neutral on Bonzi Thunderthighs Wells, but I do hope he'll be a great asset.
A-

Well, overall, I don't need to give a grade, I'll just say
I Love the Houston Rockets!!!!!!

Oh yeah, and Abra-ca-frickin-Dabra!! *pokes avatar*
brantonli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 08:37 AM   #7
otmtheshank
Good High School Starter

otmtheshank has an OK reputation so far

The first thing we did was sign Randolph Morris towards the end of the season. Then, on draft day, we did the Randolph trade, and drafted Wilson Chander. We also acquired the rights to Demetris Nichols.

I like the three rookies we acquired,(expecially considering how we acquired them) but I'm still not sold on the Randolph trade. I want to wait and see how they work together on offense, and how bad our defense turns out to be before I grade them. Hopefully the trade works out, and gets us into the playoffs.
otmtheshank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 09:32 AM   #8
BigTicket
Cavs for life

BigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected poster

Cavs havent really done anything at all so far, on the upside though that also means they haven't made any bad moves, like rushing to overpay Varejao or Pavlovic, so thus far the grade would have to be:

Cleveland Cavaliers : C-
BigTicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 09:35 AM   #9
Dodonpa
Great young streetballer

Dodonpa has an OK reputation so far

Houston Rockets = A++
Dodonpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 09:37 AM   #10
Optimus Prime
Swaggy

Optimus Prime has an OK reputation so far

Lakers = D-

Fisher > Smush, but other than that...

Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 09:45 AM   #11
bonez26
Local High School Star

bonez26 has an OK reputation so far

Raps:

Jason Kapono: Needed a slashing rebounding - average defending 2 or three. Unfortunately we got Kapono who is neither of those three things. He will help spread the floor for Bosh some more and is a very competent shooter. Also I think was overpaid. However Colangelo rarely makes a mistake so I'll reserve my judgement for later. C+

Carlos Delfino - slasher finisher and a better than average one on one defender. Was stuck on the bench behind Tayshuan in Det. I think he will be ready for a breakout season in Toronto and could be a key player. Also picked up for close to nothing. A

Maceo Baston - Proven vet. Has played years over on one of the most dominant teams in Europe. High percentage finisher around the basket. Knows his role. His Athletic and shot blocking ability should help the Raps in the paint as fourth or fith bigman. Must work on free throw shooting. Also had for a very cheap price. Good pick up. B+

Overall B+ till I see the outcome of Kapono.
bonez26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 11:23 AM   #12
DaBull
I brick open layups

DaBull has an OK reputation so far

Charlotte Bobcats
Brandan Wright traded for JRich A+
Releasing Brevin Knight D
Drafting/Aquiring Jamereo Davidson and Jared Dudley A+
Signing Gerald Wallace A+
Signing Matt Carroll B (we could have gotten him much cheaper)
Releasing Jake Voshkul C-

So far for this offseason, I'm giving His Royal Airness a solid B+The only reason he doesn't get an A is because of letting Jake Voshkul and Brevin Knight go. Not saying that they were the greatest out there, but letting them go without a serious backup plan was not good thinking
DaBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 11:25 AM   #13
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Denver Nuggets: B+

I still think we need a solid proven backup playmaker. We didn't need to do much this off season though, besides addressing some changes at the guard spot. Otherwise, our roster is fine, and all we need to do is get the chemistry down and start winning.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 11:33 AM   #14
MJ23
Banned

MJ23 has an OK reputation so far

im a knicks fan

trading steve francis and frye A+

getting RANDOLPH A+

the celtics made the best move in the nba this offseason, pierce allen and kg...nuff said

i like to give another A+ to the orlando magic for getting Rashard Lewis...
MJ23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 12:27 PM   #15
LBJ 4 MVP
Sit yo ass down!

LBJ 4 MVP is a pretty well-respected posterLBJ 4 MVP is a pretty well-respected posterLBJ 4 MVP is a pretty well-respected poster

Cavs did nothing...F+
LBJ 4 MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: