Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2007, 12:32 PM   #16
JohnnyBravo5
Local High School Star
 
JohnnyBravo5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,888
JohnnyBravo5 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: What Rookies Are You Worried About?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJ 4 MVP
Al Horford = Biggest Bust in this years draft.


The fact that he could be the next Boozer really bugs you don't it?
JohnnyBravo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 12:32 PM   #17
Interminator
Banned
 
Interminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 12,777
Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: What Rookies Are You Worried About?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
How can someone drafted #23 overall (Wilson Chandler) be a bust?



Was he ever highly rated? No, he was not.
Jerryl Sasser
Joseph Forte
^^Busts

They went Before:
Gilbert Arenas
Tony Parker
Gerald Wallace
Samuel Dalembert
Jamal Tinsley
Mehmet Okur
Earl Watson
Bobby Simmons

its basically who teams passed on to take you for non-lottery picks
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 12:35 PM   #18
LBJ 4 MVP
Sit yo ass down!
 
LBJ 4 MVP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,652
LBJ 4 MVP is a pretty well-respected posterLBJ 4 MVP is a pretty well-respected posterLBJ 4 MVP is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: What Rookies Are You Worried About?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBravo5
The fact that he could be the next Boozer really bugs you don't it?

Horford was the worst starter on the FLORIDA team besides lee humphrey, and maybe joakim.
Imagine whats he's gonna do in Atlanta...NOTHING.
LBJ 4 MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 12:36 PM   #19
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year
 
fatboy11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,809
fatboy11 is considered somewhat coolfatboy11 is considered somewhat coolfatboy11 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: What Rookies Are You Worried About?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
Jerryl Sasser
Joseph Forte
^^Busts

They went Before:
Gilbert Arenas
Tony Parker
Gerald Wallace
Samuel Dalembert
Jamal Tinsley
Mehmet Okur
Earl Watson
Bobby Simmons

its basically who teams passed on to take you for non-lottery picks
You have it all mixed it. You don't become a bust if you go in the 20s, but a 2nd round pick or a later 1st round pick ends up better than you. Lottery, yes. 20-end of the 1st, no.

Your logic is jacked. Wilson Chandler was drafted too early by one team. One team. That doesn't mean he was highly regarded league wide, therefore, I see no bust potential.

Forte was a bit of a bust because he was highly regarded, though the baggage was known pre-draft, in college. Sasser was a late first rounder. He's no bust.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 12:36 PM   #20
Interminator
Banned
 
Interminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 12,777
Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: What Rookies Are You Worried About?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBravo5
The fact that he could be the next Boozer really bugs you don't it?
Horford-The Next Boozer

not too long ago Boozer was a an overpaid-oft injured bum
Its funny how when you get healthy people seem to forget
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 12:37 PM   #21
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year
 
fatboy11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,809
fatboy11 is considered somewhat coolfatboy11 is considered somewhat coolfatboy11 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: What Rookies Are You Worried About?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJ 4 MVP
Horford was the worst starter on the FLORIDA team besides lee humphrey, and maybe joakim.
Imagine whats he's gonna do in Atlanta...NOTHING.


You are an idiot.

He was the BEST starter. Best. #1. Their best player. Only player that could make it arguable would be Corey Brewer.

I don't see Al Horford failing at all in the NBA and this is coming from an Arkansas fan so I really have no love for rival SEC players.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 12:38 PM   #22
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year
 
fatboy11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,809
fatboy11 is considered somewhat coolfatboy11 is considered somewhat coolfatboy11 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: What Rookies Are You Worried About?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
Horford-The Next Boozer

not too long ago Boozer was a an overpaid-oft injured bum
Its funny how when you get healthy people seem to forget
No, it's funny how people forget how good you are when you get injured and how quickly they forget. Not the other way around.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 12:39 PM   #23
Interminator
Banned
 
Interminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 12,777
Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: What Rookies Are You Worried About?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
You have it all mixed it. You don't become a bust if you go in the 20s, but a 2nd round pick or a later 1st round pick ends up better than you. Lottery, yes. 20-end of the 1st, no.

Your logic is jacked. Wilson Chandler was drafted too early by one team. One team. That doesn't mean he was highly regarded league wide, therefore, I see no bust potential.

Forte was a bit of a bust because he was highly regarded, though the baggage was known pre-draft, in college. Sasser was a late first rounder. He's no bust.
Then what term should I use to describe the Chris Jeffries and Zarko's of NBA failure?
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 12:40 PM   #24
LBJ 4 MVP
Sit yo ass down!
 
LBJ 4 MVP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,652
LBJ 4 MVP is a pretty well-respected posterLBJ 4 MVP is a pretty well-respected posterLBJ 4 MVP is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: What Rookies Are You Worried About?

You'll see, you'll all see. Al Horford = Bust. Just dont come crawling back to me when you realize it.
LBJ 4 MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 12:41 PM   #25
CAYO
Serious playground baller
 
CAYO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 475
CAYO has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: What Rookies Are You Worried About?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
^^Jason Smith and Wilson Chandler=Biggest Busts of this year's draft


BIGGEST BUSTS ?? THEY HAVE NOT PLAY A GAME HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT
CAYO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 12:41 PM   #26
Interminator
Banned
 
Interminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 12,777
Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: What Rookies Are You Worried About?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11


You are an idiot.

He was the BEST starter. Best. #1. Their best player. Only player that could make it arguable would be Corey Brewer.

I don't see Al Horford failing at all in the NBA and this is coming from an Arkansas fan so I really have no love for rival SEC players.
Horford is in the worst system for a player like him to be in

If he'd gone to Milwaukee or Philadelphia he'd be a potential All-Star in the future
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 12:44 PM   #27
Interminator
Banned
 
Interminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 12,777
Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: What Rookies Are You Worried About?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAYO
BIGGEST BUSTS ?? THEY HAVE NOT PLAY A GAME HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT
I'll bet on it,if im wrong im wrong

but they're gonna be busts
My guess for last year was POB
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 12:58 PM   #28
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year
 
fatboy11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,809
fatboy11 is considered somewhat coolfatboy11 is considered somewhat coolfatboy11 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: What Rookies Are You Worried About?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
Then what term should I use to describe the Chris Jeffries and Zarko's of NBA failure?
They're players that never panned out, but also could have easily gone in the 2nd round. Jeffries, I know for certain, was projected by many as a 2nd round pick because I followed him being that he used to play for the Razorbacks.

Dude, not every player that doesn't pan out is a "bust". The term "bust" should only apply to highly touted/regarded/hyped/etc. players who are drafted rather high and don't pan out or just plain suck.

Chris Jeffries, as the #26 or #27 pick or whatever he was, is not a bust because, being a late first round pick, not much was expected of him.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 04:56 PM   #29
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro
 
Y2Gezee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In hell when Im on ISH
Posts: 4,606
Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: What Rookies Are You Worried About?

Brandan Wright's gonna be a beast people. He'll atleast show glimpses of it next year.

i worry about Durant
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 04:59 PM   #30
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.
 
Real Men Wear Green's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Brighton, MA
Posts: 19,713
Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: What Rookies Are You Worried About?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
Brandan Wright's gonna be a beast people. He'll atleast show glimpses of it next year.

i worry about Durant
Why worry more over Durant than Wrght when Durant has skills while Wright has no game?
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:45 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy