Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-15-2007, 07:25 PM   #46
Fudge
No fufu shit

Fudge has a terrific reputationFudge has a terrific reputationFudge has a terrific reputationFudge has a terrific reputationFudge has a terrific reputationFudge has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Official #53 NBA Player Of All Time According To ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. A
:rollingeyes: You're supposed to have a dash after Mr. and it seems you put that dash in the space between Insidehoops and posters. I am also not sure whether "doesn't like you" is a grammatically correct phrase. So basically what I'm trying to say is you're a mentally challenged fool who cannot comprehend basic grammar techniques and a fool who roots for a loser who cannot get past the first round of the playoffs. So, Mr. Fudge, can you please leave? Mr. A or any of the posters here don't like you. Bye.
Ok, sorry, Mr.Assclown, for "accidentally" constructing a wrong sentence. Because you know, i'll just turn to Mr. Assclown here for advice right? Right. I don't care who I or anyone of you root for. Like I give a rats ass? Eh, come on, i'm not even surprise an idiot like you can't design a proper lowblow. Bleh, like come on? Who the hell goes straight to the player you root for?

I guess I should backpedal and not turn to you for advice. Aww damn, Mr.A.
Fudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 07:28 PM   #47
Mr. A
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Mr. A has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudge
Ok, sorry, Mr.Assclown, for "accidentally" constructing a wrong sentence. Because you know, i'll just turn to Mr. Assclown here for advice right? Right. I don't care who I or anyone of you root for. Like I give a rats ass? Eh, come on, i'm not even surprise an idiot like you can't design a proper lowblow. Bleh, like come on? Who the hell goes straight to the player you root for?

I guess I should backpedal and not turn to you for advice. Aww damn, Mr.A.

Idiocy at it's finest. Tell your father he should use protection next time so we have less of your disgusting kind.
Mr. A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 07:30 PM   #48
Glove_20
The Expert

Glove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat cool

By the way, in case people were wondering

Mr.A was also in a bollywood movie. Like Don, though different movies. Though we have another "Bollywood" star.
Glove_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 07:59 PM   #49
haji_d_robertas
Good High School Starter

haji_d_robertas has an OK reputation so far

I'm voting for Dave DeBusschere.
haji_d_robertas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 10:29 PM   #50
Mr.Ducker
I airball my layups

Mr.Ducker has an OK reputation so far

Robert "Tractor" Traylor

Last edited by Mr.Ducker : 08-15-2007 at 10:32 PM.
Mr.Ducker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 10:57 PM   #51
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie2k6
Does somebody want to explain to me how McGrady > Gilmore?
Still waiting for somebody to explain...
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 11:05 PM   #52
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation

So I guess no one is going to back why they choose T-mac.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 11:28 PM   #53
D-Fence
Great young streetballer

D-Fence has decent reputation

Some reactions...

There are a lot of different players being voted for. There are too many votes without any support. The joke votes were annoying by the time the 10 greatest were selected.

Richie and otmtheshank have been supporting their choices well.

Sidney Moncrief is often underrated. I could see putting him in the 60s, but I think there are a few more greater players to put over him to place him as high as in the early-mid 50s. Just comparing him to Hal Greer, they're fairly similar. About the same size, both well rounded players who had a good share of team success. Two things against Moncrief, however, is his career was shorter and he doesn't have the ring. I know he faced tough competition, but so did Greer--his team beat the Russell-led Boston Celtics dynasty.

Artis Gilmore is a somewhat tricky situation for me. One has to downgrade his ABA success somewhat. Even then, was he really better than Mel Daniels? And, in the NBA, he didn't distinguish himself too much from contemporaries like Bob Lanier, Robert Parish and Jack Sikma. While Gilmore won a championship in the ABA, he didn't appear in the Finals in the NBA. While he stood out defensively in the ABA, he anchored one of the worst defensive teams in the NBA (Spurs). I guess I can see putting him in the 60s, too. He was consistent and played for a long time.

On Tracy McGrady, I don't think it's a ridiculous pick now. There are still players (who not coincidently had more playoff success) I would put over him, including Hal Greer, Jerry Lucas and Dave DeBusschere. But it's not a ridiculous vote. He belongs somewhere not very far from here--maybe early 60s. He has great statistics, especially points. And he's been the best player on some fairly successful teams (in the regular season) of late. But, take Hal Greer. Greer had similar success as McGrady when he was the best player on his team. McGrady has been a better scorer, but Greer was more efficient and a better defensive player. Moreover, McGrady hasn't played as long as Greer, nor has McGrady had the kind of success Greer and others did when they accepted complementary roles on championship teams--or at least serious title contenders. Maybe if McGrady wins more with the rest of his career he could go above players like Greer, but until then, no. Greer was arguably the best player in the playoffs on a team that won the championship. McGrady hasn't led a team to win a playoff series.
D-Fence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 11:47 PM   #54
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Fence
On Tracy McGrady, I don't think it's a ridiculous pick now. There are still players (who not coincidently had more playoff success) I would put over him, including Hal Greer, Jerry Lucas and Dave DeBusschere. But it's not a ridiculous vote. He belongs somewhere not very far from here--maybe early 60s. He has great statistics, especially points. And he's been the best player on some fairly successful teams (in the regular season) of late. But, take Hal Greer. Greer had similar success as McGrady when he was the best player on his team. McGrady has been a better scorer, but Greer was more efficient and a better defensive player. Moreover, McGrady hasn't played as long as Greer, nor has McGrady had the kind of success Greer and others did when they accepted complementary roles on championship teams--or at least serious title contenders. Maybe if McGrady wins more with the rest of his career he could go above players like Greer, but until then, no. Greer was arguably the best player in the playoffs on a team that won the championship. McGrady hasn't led a team to win a playoff series.
I agree. The thing that is annoying is that the people voting for T-mac don't state a reason. Its like a chain reaction. One person votes for him and suddenly a lot of others do too.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 02:24 AM   #55
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

phew... i thought Adam Morrison got inducted! haha... college legend eh? Christian Laethner!!!

nah just joking... im still going with Robert Parish... 20 seasons in NBA deserves some credit...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 05:57 AM   #56
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
While he stood out defensively in the ABA, he anchored one of the worst defensive teams in the NBA (Spurs).

He also held down the best defensive team in the NBA. They improved by 20 games when he got to chicago and in his rookie year were the only team in the L not giving up 100ppg in that running era. They held teams to 98ppg. next two lowest were 101 and 102. They didnt exactly run on offense but still....he led a very good defensive team.

The Spurs were just an offensive team first second and third. Gave up 120 and scored 120.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 08:28 AM   #57
snipes12
Dirk Madness

snipes12 has not been impressing people

dickey simpkins

Last edited by snipes12 : 08-16-2007 at 08:42 AM.
snipes12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 09:45 AM   #58
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
phew... i thought Adam Morrison got inducted! haha... college legend eh? Christian Laethner!!!

nah just joking... im still going with Robert Parish... 20 seasons in NBA deserves some credit...
That's your reason?
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 09:50 AM   #59
Miller Time
the fighting mongooses

Miller Time is a pretty well-respected posterMiller Time is a pretty well-respected posterMiller Time is a pretty well-respected posterMiller Time is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie2k6
That's your reason?

I know pathetic, its obvious that he never seen Parish in a game.
Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 12:17 PM   #60
dhenk
Why do you care?

dhenk has an OK reputation so far

Robert Parish
dhenk is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: