Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-15-2007, 03:33 PM   #16
2LeTTeRS KD
Both teams played hard

2LeTTeRS KD has decent reputation
Default Re: Woman gets 67 days in jail after killing her husband for demanding oral sex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
"Somewhat abused" is one heck of a euphemism for repeated rape. She didn't handle the situation correctly and possibly should have punished more but please don't trivialize what the woman went through. What she truly did wrong was how she handled the situation, but this man, an alleged man of God, was raping this woman for years, possibly even subjecting her to acts that the Bible expressly condemns. He was a hypocrite and a villain. I don't have sympathy for any ****** that gets what's coming.

No disrespect and I will admit I havent' been following the case but how do we know her words are true. The only other person besides here who really knows what was going on is dead. I can't really judge this without knowing the truth but I don't get the sentence imposed, if you believe she was justified in killing him she not have been sentenced to any time, and if they dont believe her to be justified, which would mean she willfully took this mans life, than 67 days is nothing. The sentence doesn't fit either way.
2LeTTeRS KD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 03:34 PM   #17
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Woman gets 67 days in jail after killing her husband for demanding oral sex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime
Legal system. Not Justice system. Justice has nothing to do with it.
actually from the way this idiot treated his wife for years...i'd say justice has been served, just fine.... i have no problem with the outcome of this trial
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 03:48 PM   #18
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
actually from the way this idiot treated his wife for years...i'd say justice has been served, just fine.... i have no problem with the outcome of this trial
I'm sorry but I do. We get people in this country serving 10+ years in jail for possession of f*cking marijuana today. Now, I wish people would stop pretending like they knew this woman was telling the truth and or lying. The fact of the matter is, anyone in her position would have done the exact same thing to get off. And some of the facts of the case are incredibly ridiculous. Look at some of the claims she made
  • "Called me fat"
  • "Called me stupid!"
  • "ASKED me to have sex that made me feel uncomfortable, yet I felt pressured into it"
  • "He didn't like my natural color hair and sometimes ASKED if I could wear a wig"
  • And of course, the best one: "The gun ACCIDENTLY went off"

Even if the above were f*cking true, are any of you people actually saying you think "justice was served" when SHE KILLED HIM IN HIS SLEEP? The guy was defenseless! He wasn't attacking her or forcing her to do anything against her will at the time of the murder, canceling out any plausibility that it was being a heat of the moment thing. Rather it was something she was actually contemplating and then followed through with.

And then I love how she spins it around at the end and claims the gun went off "on accident". Are you f*cking kidding me? You can't have it both ways.

She deserves life locked up in a mental facility if not prision, it's a f*cking joke. And no, the guy didn't deserve to die, stop it.

Edit: lot'sa typos.

Last edited by XxNeXuSxX : 08-15-2007 at 04:11 PM.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 03:49 PM   #19
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
I was talking in broader terms, not just this specific case.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 03:53 PM   #20
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxNeXuSxX
I'm sorry but I do. We get people in this country serving 10+ years in jail for possession of f*cking marijuana today. Now, I wish people would stop pretending like they knew this woman was telling the and or lying. Anyone in her position would have done the exact same thing. And some of the facts of the case are incredibly ridiculous. Look at some of the claims she made
  • "Called me fat"
  • "Called me stupid!"
  • "ASKED me to have sex that made me feel uncomfortable, yet I felt pressured into it"
  • "He didn't like my natural color hair and sometimes ASKED if I could wear a wig"

Even if the above were f*cking true, are any of you people actually saying you think "justice was served" when SHE KILLED HIM IN HIS SLEEP? The guy was defenseless? He wasn't attacking her or forcing her to wear a wig at the time to make it a heat of the moment thing... it was something she was actually contemplating and then following through with.

And then I love how she spins it around at the end and claims the gun went off "on accident". Are you f*cking kidding me?

She deserves life locked up in a mental facility if not prision, it's a f*cking joke. And no, the guy didn't deserve to die, stop it.

I dont agree with life but thank you for bringing up another side...Sorry but 67 days is crazy...

does any1 have know if there is a transcript of her testimony because I am really interested in what she could say to justify killing this man in his sleep and only geting 67 days...
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 03:54 PM   #21
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by link
I understand that a husband can rape his wife, but it's a complicated thing that's not at all like a stranger raping another stranger. This woman was this man's wife (with all the responsibilities that come with that), and though he deserved punishment for what he did to her, he did not deserve death and she deserves a lot more than a few days in the slammer.
A woman does not have the "responsibility" to do anything in a marriage. Marriage does not mean you own the woman. Rape is still rape, and while getting the death sentence for it may be excessive it looks to me like the chickens just came home to roost.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS KD
No disrespect and I will admit I havent' been following the case but how do we know her words are true. The only other person besides here who really knows what was going on is dead. I can't really judge this without knowing the truth but I don't get the sentence imposed, if you believe she was justified in killing him she not have been sentenced to any time, and if they dont believe her to be justified, which would mean she willfully took this mans life, than 67 days is nothing. The sentence doesn't fit either way.
You have a point, we can't be sure that the woman was raped, but I believe her story because a person with no history of criminal activities or mental health issues normally isn't going to kill the Minister father of her three kids without a major reason. As for the sentence, they kind of had to give her something, because if she killed the man it was indeed murder and it was not in self-defense. To receive no punishment after that would be the judge re-writing the law. The judge was probably as lenient as he or she possibly could have been, given the circumstances.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 04:00 PM   #22
GoldNugg21
Good High School Starter

GoldNugg21 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
I'm sorry but I do. We get people in this country serving 10+ years in jail for possession of f*cking marijuana today. Now, I wish people would stop pretending like they knew this woman was telling the and or lying. Anyone in her position would have done the exact same thing. And some of the facts of the case are incredibly ridiculous. Look at some of the claims she made
  • "Called me fat"
  • "Called me stupid!"

Even if the above were f*cking true, are any of you people actually saying you think "justice was served" when SHE KILLED HIM IN HIS SLEEP? The guy was defenseless! He wasn't attacking her or forcing her to do anything strange at the time of the murder, canceling out it being a heat of the moment thing... it was something she was actually contemplating and then followed through with.

And then I love how she spins it around at the end and claims the gun went off "on accident". Are you f*cking kidding me? You can't have it both ways.

Thank you, great post.
GoldNugg21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 04:07 PM   #23
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

Quote:
If you think victims of abuse have that kind of perspective, you're crazy. You one of those guys who yells advice to the characters on the movie screen?

Oh, boo ****ing hoo. We're talking about a grown woman, not a child. I don't know all the details, but I think it's fair to expect an adult to make better decisions.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 04:24 PM   #24
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I'm sorry but I do. We get people in this country serving 10+ years in jail for possession of f*cking marijuana today. Now, I wish people would stop pretending like they knew this woman was telling the truth and or lying. The fact of the matter is, anyone in her position would have done the exact same thing to get off. And some of the facts of the case are incredibly ridiculous. Look at some of the claims she made
  • "Called me fat"
  • "Called me stupid!"

Even if the above were f*cking true, are any of you people actually saying you think "justice was served" when SHE KILLED HIM IN HIS SLEEP? The guy was defenseless! He wasn't attacking her or forcing her to do anything against her will at the time of the murder, canceling out any plausibility that it was being a heat of the moment thing. Rather it was something she was actually contemplating and then followed through with.

She also said he kicked her and subjected her to "unnatural" sex acts. However, to be fair, I did some research and found out that she had put thousands of their dollars into a Nigerian check-writing scheme, for which he was justifiably angry...in fact, it could be argued that the wrong person got shot. So I will say that I was probably wrong...sounds to me like they/she were just grasping at straws trying to find some kind of justification.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 07:32 PM   #25
link
Serious playground baller

link has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
A woman does not have the "responsibility" to do anything in a marriage. Marriage does not mean you own the woman. Rape is still rape, and while getting the death sentence for it may be excessive it looks to me like the chickens just came home to roost.

I would say that the least responsibility as a wife is to not kill your husband while he's sleeping. Leave him, divorce him, get a court order, etc. but not an accidental gunshot. I would think differently if he threatened her life in any way but there was no evidence of that. Moot point though since you've changed your mind about her.
link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 07:45 PM   #26
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

the problem i have with it is EVERYONE in that community said the dude was a good guy up until she got on the stand and sobbed her way out of jail time. There is NO proof he was doing any of the stuff she says. It was straight up she claims hes a bad guy and thats why she shot him in the back, in his sleep and then unplugged the phones in the house WHILE HE WAS ON THE GROUND STILL ALIVE ASKING HER WHY.

67 days is insane and she should NEVER get her kids back IMO. The prosecution even brought a witness that days after said to her, "You're the one who shot the preacher" to which she responded WHILE SMILING "Yea, want to be next?" She got off solely b/c she cried her ass off on the stand. Pathetic. Really it comes down to the idiot sexist notion that women dont kill unless they absolutely have to. Ph she NEVER would have dont that if he wasnt beating her. B-F-ING-S to that.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 11:11 PM   #27
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
  • "Called me fat"
  • "Called me stupid!"

+1. Like you said, since the guy was asleep, and this didn't happen in self-defense, this is a pre-mediatated murder. Here's what it means for those of you that don't know:

[quote][Premeditated murder is the crime of wrongfully causing the death of another human being (also known as murder) after rationally considering the timing or method of doing so, in order to either increase the likelihood of success, or to evade detection or apprehension./QUOTE]

The defense is on the sole of using he says/she says, except, the she in this case, murdered the he, making it a sole she says argument, which I don't believe one bit. Bottom line is, this wasn't self defense, so to give her 67 days is retarded. Premediated murders are horrible and at worst should be a min of 10 years if convicted.

I'm done, back to the SuperLiga game between the Galaxians and DC United.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 11:15 PM   #28
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

brantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

This is one sick, sick case. IF you are really fed up with him, divorce him or something, but shooting a guy in the back and getting the children? I know that the man had allegedly raped her, but since when did Sex>death?
brantonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 01:44 AM   #29
DCL
NBA rookie of the year

DCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this board

he asked for oral, and she blew him away, literally.
DCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 02:01 AM   #30
shadow
Laker fan here

shadow is considered somewhat coolshadow is considered somewhat cool

all I gotta say on this is that if the situation was reversed and the husband had killed his wife, even if say she had threatened to kill him or their kids, he'd be facing the maximum sentence and women's rights groups would be out calling for his head. The justice system is heavily tilted towards women in the sense that people are always ready to see them as victims and rarely as criminals no matter how heinous the act.
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: