Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-17-2007, 11:11 PM   #31
apeman222
i know the muffin man.

apeman222 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Who voted for Bush?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aahhsin
can you explain how arnold got elected?

and how is bush the worst president?

i honestly don't think any other president would have handled the 911 any differently. did you know clinton invaded bosnia to spread imperialism?

first of all, there is so much crap being spewed in this thread, i dont have time or the effort to debate it with all you nimwits....:)

so i have chosen this comment to debate....

no, probably no other president could have stopped 9/11, you are right about that.....but here's the key.....

not everyone would have used those terrible attacks on our country to promote his own personal war in iraq.....i supported his invasion of afghanistan, as did most people at the time, but he played on people's fears to promote an invasion in iraq (my man obama saw right through that bs :) ).....because the fact is that saddam had nothing to do with 9/11....no weapons of mass destruction and had no intent to attack america....was he a dictator to his people, yes, but that wasnt the initial reason for invading, and thats not why the american people rallied around it

what makes bush the worst president ever?
-lying to get us to war
-illegal wiretap
-no stem cell research
-his anti-gay agenda
-lack of diplomacy over seas ("axis of evil")

im not sure if it makes him the wost EVER (because there's been some bad ones), but it definately puts him on the list, and makes him the worst in my lifetime for sure....
apeman222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 11:18 PM   #32
PhxFanAtBirth
High School JV MVP

PhxFanAtBirth has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
I see you criticized Hateraid in one of his posts.

You are antagonizing people, and adding nothing to this board. I don't even know who you are. You are really jumping to conclusions. Disagree with me? That's fine. Don't start this "you're a retard" sh!t

Jeff, get ahold of your board. The degenerates have gotten loose!

Its ignorant people like you that really get to me.

To start: Bush is wasting money on the war when we should be paying that money to improve our school system.

There are big problems with that statement. First off President Bush is not going to pull out the troops so to counter the rising deaths of Americans he has put in place the "Surge". surge meaning an increase in troops of about 50,000, now since this surge american deaths have dropped dramatically and it has been a huge sucess. What does this tell us? Americans were dying in iraq becauses there simply werent enough troops there. not enough troops to watch there buddies back.

Bush had the full support of pretty much both parties to invade iraq in 2003. A prominant name: Hilary Clinton

What is Bush to do now? Leave iraq in shambles? pull the funding so that more americans can start to die and then you can just turn around start to criticize him again BECAUSE americans are dying? You cant win with liberals.

Let me tell you something soldiers die on both sides in a war. We are at WAR.
PhxFanAtBirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 11:21 PM   #33
apeman222
i know the muffin man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apriorist
'He clearly stole both elections?'

No evidence. No facts. Yes, so 'clearly'. I guess he 'clearly' caused 9/11, too.

The only thing your post shows so 'clearly' is that you're another one of the many retards on ISH.

nothing "clear" in the bush administration....so it was more of a "shady" stolen election......

come on man, you saw what happened in florida in 2000 and in ohio in 2004, if you dont think that there was at the very least some "wrong doings" there, then i cant help you.....
Old 08-17-2007, 11:24 PM   #34
PhxFanAtBirth
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by apeman222
first of all, there is so much crap being spewed in this thread, i dont have time or the effort to debate it with all you nimwits....:)

so i have chosen this comment to debate....

no, probably no other president could have stopped 9/11, you are right about that.....but here's the key.....

not everyone would have used those terrible attacks on our country to promote his own personal war in iraq.....i supported his invasion of afghanistan, as did most people at the time, but he played on people's fears to promote an invasion in iraq (my man obama saw right through that bs :) ).....because the fact is that saddam had nothing to do with 9/11....no weapons of mass destruction and had no intent to attack america....was he a dictator to his people, yes, but that wasnt the initial reason for invading, and thats not why the american people rallied around it

what makes bush the worst president ever?
-lying to get us to war
-illegal wiretap
-no stem cell research
-his anti-gay agenda
-lack of diplomacy over seas ("axis of evil")

im not sure if it makes him the wost EVER (because there's been some bad ones), but it definately puts him on the list, and makes him the worst in my lifetime for sure....

No wmd's? you want to know why we didn't find any wmd's? Becuase of people like you who fought bush on the idea to send un investigators in. After we declared to sadaam that we would come and search for the wmd's we gave him about 5 months before we did actually search. Now im no expert but 5 months is a lot of time to go and hide all these things and get them out of the country.

Anti-gay agenda? If bush has an anti-gay agenda then people like you have a pro-gay agenda of trying to force me to accept gays and actually support them and that is not something i am willing to do. I feel its wrong, and is not something that should be able to participate in the churches and take part in a religious ceremony i cherish. They should not be allowed to collect the benefits of a normal couple because they are not normal and they let us know about it constantly.

These are my beliefs and you can bash them all you want however do not try to force me to accept gays.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:30 PM   #35
apeman222
i know the muffin man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxFanAtBirth

To start: Bush is wasting money on the war when we should be paying that money to improve our school system.

There are big problems with that statement. First off President Bush is not going to pull out the troops so to counter the rising deaths of Americans he has put in place the "Surge". surge meaning an increase in troops of about 50,000, now since this surge american deaths have dropped dramatically and it has been a huge sucess. What does this tell us? Americans were dying in iraq becauses there simply werent enough troops there. not enough troops to watch there buddies back.

Bush had the full support of pretty much both parties to invade iraq in 2003. A prominant name: Hilary Clinton

What is Bush to do now? Leave iraq in shambles? pull the funding so that more americans can start to die and then you can just turn around start to criticize him again BECAUSE americans are dying? You cant win with liberals.

ahhh!!!! im a scary liberal about to get you!!!!......AHHH, i support the right for gays to marry and i want the troops withdrawn in a safe manner so no more of them die in a needless war....AAHHH....here i come....AAHHHH

p.s. bush had full support to invade iraq because people were lied to....no link to 9/11....no wmd's
Old 08-17-2007, 11:37 PM   #36
apeman222
i know the muffin man.

Quote:
No wmd's? you want to know why we didn't find any wmd's? Becuase of people like you who fought bush on the idea to send un investigators in. After we declared to sadaam that we would come and search for the wmd's we gave him about 5 months before we did actually search. Now im no expert but 5 months is a lot of time to go and hide all these things and get them out of the country.

Anti-gay agenda? If bush has an anti-gay agenda then people like you have a pro-gay agenda of trying to force me to accept gays and actually support them and that is not something i am willing to do. I feel its wrong, and is not something that should be able to participate in the churches and take part in a religious ceremony i cherish. They should not be allowed to collect the benefits of a normal couple because they are not normal and they let us know about it constantly.

These are my beliefs and you can bash them all you want however do not try to force me to accept gays.

ah, yes, the sanctity of marriage.....while the divorce rate has reached around 50%...what a joke

gays are "not normal"....wow....neither were african americans in the 60's...huh?....

and "should not be allowed to collect the benefits of a normal couple"...umm, thats what i call segregation....
Old 08-17-2007, 11:39 PM   #37
PhxFanAtBirth
High School JV MVP

Quote:
ahhh!!!! im a scary liberal about to get you!!!!......AHHH, i support the right for gays to marry and i want the troops withdrawn in a safe manner so no more of them die in a needless war....AAHHH....here i come....AAHHHH

p.s. bush had full support to invade iraq because people were lied to....no link to 9/11....no wmd's

Typical liberal. I tell him of my beliefs and present him with facts, he resorts to making fun.

No wmd's that were found doesnt mean he didnt have them. maybe if we didnt give him half a year to get them out of the country. Fact is we are in a war and those troops need to stay. What would happen to iraq if we withdrew? Another dictator would rise to power and then those 6 thousand americans will have died in vein. Yes 6,000 i included the twin towers deaths. We are no longer fighting sadaam over there, we are fighting radicalists.... Would you rather fight the radicalists over there or over here at your front door? Do you want to live in fear of terrorist attacks or dont you?
Old 08-17-2007, 11:46 PM   #38
apeman222
i know the muffin man.

Quote:
Typical liberal. I tell him of my beliefs and present him with facts, he resorts to making fun.

No wmd's that were found doesnt mean he didnt have them. maybe if we didnt give him half a year to get them out of the country. Fact is we are in a war and those troops need to stay. What would happen to iraq if we withdrew? Another dictator would rise to power and then those 6 thousand americans will have died in vein. Yes 6,000 i included the twin towers deaths. We are no longer fighting sadaam over there, we are fighting radicalists.... Would you rather fight the radicalists over there or over here at your front door? Do you want to live in fear of terrorist attacks or dont you?

oh yes, you just "included" the deaths from the twin towers....completely disregarding the fact that none of the high-jackers on 9/11 were from iraq or had a link to saddam......in fact the majority of the high-jackers were from saudi arabia, an ally of the united states.....hmm, interesting.....

and i got news for you...we still "live in fear of terrorist attacks"....i.e. the terror threat level chart that bush came up with....

and dont give me, "there hasnt been an attack since 9/11"...because if i do remember correctly, britain has been our strongest ally in iraq, and they have experienced quite a few attacks in the past few years.....

we're no safer today, then we were before the war started, in fact, we're less safe.....

Estimated Insurgency Strength, Nov 2003 - 15,000

Estimated Insurgency Strength, Oct 2006 - 20,000 - 30,000

Estimated Insurgency Strength, June 2007 - 70,000

http://usliberals.about.com/od/homel...raqNumbers.htm
Old 08-18-2007, 12:04 AM   #39
PhxFanAtBirth
High School JV MVP

Quote:
oh yes, you just "included" the deaths from the twin towers....completely disregarding the fact that none of the high-jackers on 9/11 were from iraq or had a link to saddam......in fact the majority of the high-jackers were from saudi arabia, an ally of the united states.....hmm, interesting.....

and i got news for you...we still "live in fear of terrorist attacks"....i.e. the terror threat level chart that bush came up with....

and dont give me, "there hasnt been an attack since 9/11"...because if i do remember correctly, britain has been our strongest ally in iraq, and they have experienced quite a few attacks in the past few years.....

we're no safer today, then we were before the war started, in fact, we're less safe.....

Estimated Insurgency Strength, Nov 2003 - 15,000

Estimated Insurgency Strength, Oct 2006 - 20,000 - 30,000

Estimated Insurgency Strength, June 2007 - 70,000

http://usliberals.about.com/od/homel...raqNumbers.htm

Are you trying to convince me that I shouldn't hold my future marriage in high regards and just write it off because theres a 50% chance of divorce? Excuse me you will not try to strip me of my religious sanctity.

And yes we are safer than we were 6 years ago.

There has not been a terrorist on U.S. Soil since then. it is not the job of the F.B.I. or The Department of Homeland Security to defend Britain its their job to defend us. And unless you live in Britain do not try to show sympathy for them when you clearly show no sympathy for the millions of Iraquis you would abandon in a moments notice, and leave for dead. In case you didn't know most Iraq citizens want us there, they are our allies. Notice I say most.

Your insurgency strength list only proves my point further. With all of those terrorists coming to fight us for countries all around the Middle East wouldnt you rather have 70,000 terrorists in Iraq than 5,000 terrorists here in America?
Old 08-18-2007, 12:21 AM   #40
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
ah, yes, the sanctity of marriage.....while the divorce rate has reached around 50%...what a joke

Only if you're Christian. Agnostic/Atheists are all the way down at 21%, the lowest in the country. So much for the "religious sanctity" of marriage.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 12:22 AM   #41
apeman222
i know the muffin man.

Quote:
Are you trying to convince me that I shouldn't hold my future marriage in high regards and just write it off because theres a 50% chance of divorce? Excuse me you will not try to strip me of my religious sanctity.

And yes we are safer than we were 6 years ago.

There has not been a terrorist on U.S. Soil since then. it is not the job of the F.B.I. or The Department of Homeland Security to defend Britain its their job to defend us. And unless you live in Britain do not try to show sympathy for them when you clearly show no sympathy for the millions of Iraquis you would abandon in a moments notice, and leave for dead. In case you didn't know most Iraq citizens want us there, they are our allies. Notice I say most.

Your insurgency strength list only proves my point further. With all of those terrorists coming to fight us for countries all around the Middle East wouldnt you rather have 70,000 terrorists in Iraq than 5,000 terrorists here in America?

no, im not saying that you "shouldn't hold your future marraige in high regards", im glad you do.....what im saying is dont treat others like second class citizens because they have a different sexual orientation then you....

and there wasnt an attack in the 6 years prior to 9/11 either...are you telling me that we were "safe" then....

yes, im sure the 60,000+ innocent iraqi civilians who have been killed appreciate us there as well....

and that last statement you made make no sense at all....you are completely lost my friend....our involvement in iraq has created more ememies than we had prior to the war begining....

p.s. i like how you ignored the fact that most of the high-jackers on 9/11 came from saudi arabia, an ally of ours...

Last edited by apeman222 : 08-18-2007 at 12:24 AM.
Old 08-18-2007, 12:30 AM   #42
PhxFanAtBirth
High School JV MVP

Quote:
no, im not saying that you "shouldn't hold your future marraige in high regards", im glad you do.....what im saying is dont treat others like second class citizens because they have a different sexual orientation then you....

and there wasnt an attack in the 6 years prior to 9/11 either...are you telling me that we were "safe" then....

yes, im sure the 60,000+ innocent iraqi civilians who have been killed appreciate us there as well....

and that last statement you made make no sense at all....you are completely lost my friend....our involvement in iraq has created more ememies than we had prior to the war begining....

p.s. i like how you ignored the fact that most of the high-jackers on 9/11 came from saudi arabia, an ally of ours...

Yea came from. Doesnt mean they all thought like the leaders of Saudi Arabia did. Kind of like how you dont think like President Bush. No it hasn't created more enemies. You think that because the U.S. invaded Iraq all those 70,000 terrorists said hey lets just now become terrorists? no they were terrorists before and they're coming from around the middle east for a chance to kill americans. You're right there wasn't an attack 6 years earlier but what do you suggest we do? not try to protect ourselves in anyway and then suffer a terrorist every year instead of one every 6 years?
Old 08-18-2007, 05:03 AM   #43
apeman222
i know the muffin man.

Quote:
Yea came from. Doesnt mean they all thought like the leaders of Saudi Arabia did. Kind of like how you dont think like President Bush. No it hasn't created more enemies. You think that because the U.S. invaded Iraq all those 70,000 terrorists said hey lets just now become terrorists? no they were terrorists before and they're coming from around the middle east for a chance to kill americans. You're right there wasn't an attack 6 years earlier but what do you suggest we do? not try to protect ourselves in anyway and then suffer a terrorist every year instead of one every 6 years?

no, im all for us protecting ourselves through airport security and all that good stuff....but im not for "protecting" ourselves by invading and occupying a country that was not involved with 9/11...im not okay with justifing killing 60,000+ innocent civilians in Iraq in the name of those who died on 9/11....im not okay with losing 3,000+ of our own troops in a country that had nothing to do with 9/11.....im not okay with the leaders of our using "scare tactics" after 9/11 to mislead the american people into a needless war in iraq......after all, thats what we're talking about here.....iraq, not afghanistan, but iraq.....

and yeah, its a fact that when you kill innocent civilians and invade a country, you create more enemies than you had BEFORE you killed the civilians and invaded the country.....each one of those civilians killed had family members, and each one of those family members, if they didnt already, are not going to like america, or americans for that matter.....thus creating more enemies than we had before...

and as far as suffering an attack "every year"....that makes no sense in relation to my argument, did we have one "every year" before 9/11...no...

here's my main point:
having our troops fighting a war in iraq has no affect on people driving thier car into an airport to kill people in america.....and it cant stop people from strapping a bomb to themselves and walking into a mall and blowing people up.......the idea that somehow we will eliminate the concept of "terrorism" is a futile quest that we will never win.....
Old 08-18-2007, 05:29 AM   #44
Chalkmaze
Good college starter

Chalkmaze has decent reputationChalkmaze has decent reputation

Quote:
I feel its wrong, and is not something that should be able to participate in the churches and take part in a religious ceremony i cherish.

Your church does not have to allow them to take part in religious ceremonies, that has nothing to do with the government allowing them to be married in non-religious ceremonies, or married in churches that allow it.
Chalkmaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 01:29 PM   #45
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

MLH is not "ignorant" in any sense of the imagination. However, from this statement, I can hypothesize you are a braindead neo-conservative, for whom I give no respect to. Now since your a neo-con and I don't have respect for you, there is a 99% chance you're going to conclude I'm liberal, proving thus your narrow-sighted (I'm registered republican, but I tend to pander to the "classic right")
Quote:

There are big problems with that statement. First off President Bush is not going to pull out the troops so to counter the rising deaths of Americans he has put in place the "Surge". surge meaning an increase in troops of about 50,000, now since this surge american deaths have dropped dramatically and it has been a huge sucess.

LMAO @ huge success. Who told you that? Fox News? Because this is idiotic. American deaths have risen since the implementation of the surge on a month by month basis. To say otherwise is ignoring facts and disrespecting the dead. Second, the largest coordinated attack since the invasion began occurred while the surge was in place. Of course I'm talking about the Track bombs that killed over 200 civilians in the White house proclaimed "peaceful" area of the Kurdish North.

Quote:
What does this tell us?

The surge didn't do shit

Quote:

I couldn't give a sh*t what Hillary did. The justification of going into Iraq was illegal and full of lies. There were no ties to Al-Qaeda nor did Saddam have "WMD's" despite Cheney claiming we knew exactly where they were (whoops?).

Quote:
What is Bush to do now? Leave iraq in shambles?

Let them handle it. Yes, I don't want troops dying for a pointless war. What do you think is motivating these insurgents for f*cking fight? Oh right, it's because we are p*ssing people off with our presence in the middle east.

Quote:
pull the funding so that more americans can start to die and then you can just turn around start to criticize him again BECAUSE americans are dying?
What? Are you actually saying that Bush would be stupid enough to leave the troops there once the funds were pulled? Pulling the funds means they want the troops gone; doing otherwise is treasonous.

Quote:
You cant win with liberals.

Yep, they can't, But I can and did, neo-con.

Quote:

With an enemy that only increases exponentially with our mere presence in that country.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: