Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-18-2007, 12:38 PM   #46
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Who voted for Bush?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxFanAtBirth
No wmd's? you want to know why we didn't find any wmd's? Becuase of people like you who fought bush on the idea to send un investigators in. After we declared to sadaam that we would come and search for the wmd's we gave him about 5 months before we did actually search. Now im no expert but 5 months is a lot of time to go and hide all these things and get them out of the country.

Wrong idiot, they never existed. We had constant surveillance on whatever was coming in and out of the country for years. The argument was Saddam had constructed WMD's in the last 9 years. Not only that, before we went in Cheney had claimed he knew EXACTLY where they were. I can't believe idiots still believe these things existed. Wake the f*ck up.

Quote:
Anti-gay agenda? If bush has an anti-gay agenda then people like you have a pro-gay agenda of trying to force me to accept gays and actually support them and that is not something i am willing to do. I feel its wrong, and is not something that should be able to participate in the churches and take part in a religious ceremony i cherish. They should not be allowed to collect the benefits of a normal couple because they are not normal and they let us know about it constantly.

The government benefits of a marriage shouldn't have ANY ties to religion once-so-ever. Until then gays (who you ignorantly claim are not normal) are not equal in society.

Quote:
These are my beliefs and you can bash them all you want however do not try to force me to accept gays.
So please do not prove me wrong because I'm a braindead neo-con. Fuck off.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 01:06 PM   #47
apriorist
High School Starter

apriorist has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxNeXuSxX
The government benefits of a marriage shouldn't have ANY ties to religion once-so-ever. Until then gays (who you ignorantly claim are not normal) are not equal in society.

Does your call for marriage equality extend to polygamists and incestuous couples/groups?
apriorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 01:14 PM   #48
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Man ....I remember a bunch of people on these boards were pro Bush in 04. I bet they feel real dumb now. Hate to say it but I told you so.
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 01:17 PM   #49
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I prefer clean shaven to a bush...

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 02:54 PM   #50
m1sterb
Great young streetballer

m1sterb has not been impressing people

Quote:
Wrong idiot, they never existed. We had constant surveillance on whatever was coming in and out of the country for years. The argument was Saddam had constructed WMD's in the last 9 years. Not only that, before we went in Cheney had claimed he knew EXACTLY where they were. I can't believe idiots still believe these things existed. Wake the f*ck up.

Constant surveillance that was completely 100% capable of detecting whether wmd's entered or left the country. Ya right.

Just because none were found doesn't conclude their nonexistence.

Even the democrats believed he had wmd.

The claim that Cheney knew exactly where they were is interesting tho. Do you have a source for that?
m1sterb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 02:58 PM   #51
m1sterb
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
I prefer clean shaven to a bush...

a much needed comment to lighten the mood.

'sides, i thought you were older. Like old enough to couger prowl in the 70's and 80's. Ya know, the big bush era
Old 08-18-2007, 04:20 PM   #52
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1sterb
Constant surveillance that was completely 100% capable of detecting whether wmd's entered or left the country. Ya right.

Just because none were found doesn't conclude their nonexistence.

It proves it beyond a reasonable doubt, yes. If you would understand how the US concluded through surveillance, they believed Saddam was manufacturing weapons; henceforth when one investigates and finds NO TRACES of any kind of biological, chemical, or any other WMD, you must conclude they NEVER existed, simple.

Quote:
Even the democrats believed he had wmd.

I couldn't give less of a sh*t what they believed in 03. Since he never had any, it's irrelevant.

Quote:
The claim that Cheney knew exactly where they were is interesting tho. Do you have a source for that?

"we know where Saddam Hussein is hiding biological and chemical weapons." He stressed, "We know exactly where they are."

http://www.fcnp.com/347/comm2.htm
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 04:41 PM   #53
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

There is a book written by a Iraqi military leader describing the events after the US started diplomatic relations. Pushing toward war. He describes moving the weapons to Saudi Arabia I think.
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 06:49 PM   #54
m1sterb
Great young streetballer

Quote:
It proves it beyond a reasonable doubt, yes. If you would understand how the US concluded through surveillance, they believed Saddam was manufacturing weapons; henceforth when one investigates and finds NO TRACES of any kind of biological, chemical, or any other WMD, you must conclude they NEVER existed, simple.

I couldn't give less of a sh*t what they believed in 03. Since he never had any, it's irrelevant.

"we know where Saddam Hussein is hiding biological and chemical weapons." He stressed, "We know exactly where they are."

http://www.fcnp.com/347/comm2.htm

Just looking at things like Google earth can help one realize the visual capability sure. And it's a given that the US military equipment would be a lot more sophisticated.

The stockpiles of chemical and/or biological weapons would probably fit in the size of one small room. Nerve gas, mustard gas whatever.

So the question to me then is, do we have the capability to prevent all cargo from leaving every square perimeter mile of Iraq? To me that seems far fetched. The CIA world fact book shows Iraq has about 2270 miles of land boundary. And given months of advanced notice, I can't see how you would suggest that it's proof beyond a 'reasonable doubt' that (if they existed) they couldn't slip through.

And for the record, I'm not arguing whether he had them or not. Its just always bothered me that people say conclusively they never existed for the very reasons you've stated, ie. no traces of anything by the time we got there.

It's just easier to conclude that the US Millitary even looking for WMD's would then be just a front, rather then suggesting that it's not impossible for multiple small shipments to pass an Iraqi Border.

In addition, you can't say that "they NEVER existed", given the Kurds as the example. If Saddam was able to obtain chemical weapons in 1988 how can someone say he couldn't obtain them at some point later.

Did they exist? Probably not. I just don't buy the conclusive proof.

nice link btw, " He stressed, "We know exactly where they are."
Old 08-18-2007, 09:36 PM   #55
gb8
Extra Cheese

gb8 has an OK reputation so far

http://www.bushflash.com/14.html
gb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: