Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2007, 04:09 AM   #16
AtTheDriveIn
04'
 
AtTheDriveIn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,767
AtTheDriveIn has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Question about White/Black issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball
I didn't say he had the right to. I told you why there is still racism.

Well yeah, no one has the right to be racist, but everyone still does because of stupidity like this. I mean, he gets fired, but it's not like it's impossible to find a new job. I was reading on some site that there are more then 2500 new jobs that are created every day. Does is seem so hard to just choose one of them? I don't think it does. If an illegal immigrant took your friend's dads job, I'm guessing he probably didn't have a degree in anything, and is probably uneducated (i'm assuming, remember). *Usually* (recognise the word, I'm not generalising) uneducated people (= people who didn't go through university) will blame others before they blame themselves.

And to BradMiller52:

So you're annoyed at the fact that a Mexican took your friends job. You're annoyed that of the fact that the Mexican lives in your area, and you're annoying because there's so many of them? That's the kind of vibe I'm getting from your post. You can say you're not racist, but it just doesn't add up. Have you ever thought of what Mexicans have to deal with IN Mexico, and do you ever wonder WHY they'd want to move to America?

All this tourism crap about how America is great is sure to spread to just South of the border. They don't take your friends job, they set themselves up for a better life. That's how business is. If your friends don't like it, what can really be done? Obviously words about how they 'hate them damn Mexicans' isn't going to do **** but probably get them fired if they say it in front of the wrong person. Just realise that they haven't done anything wrong. They got away from poor conditions, to be in a MUCH, MUCH better place. They need the essentials in life. They work the minimum wage to be able to provide for their families, and they go to your schools like any other American kid. What have they done wrong exactly?
AtTheDriveIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 04:17 AM   #17
poorlilrich
woop woop
 
poorlilrich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 4,555
poorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this board
Default Re: Question about White/Black issue

You think only black comedians use vulgar racist jokes in their routines? You're mistaken if thats your train of thought on this issue. White comedians use black people stereotypes in their jokes almost as much as black people use white stereotypes in theirs. For example Ralphie May, a lot of the time his routine is about him being fat or black stereotypes. I know Mencia isn't white, but he uses the n-word as if he were. I agree Kramers chastising was a little over the top, but you can't act like Kramer was a pioneer in the area of "using black stereotypes in a white man's routine".

I don't watch a lot of white comedy, but I've seen a few and the comedians don't shoo away from using the black jokes.

So no black comedians aren't having their cake and eating it too.



Lol at " he apologized"; you think thats enough? You think he should be let off the hook for a half assed apology? You are like Stan in that " Apology to Jesse Jackson" episode. If Kramer had kissed the reverend's ass, you would think all is good among Kramer and the black community.


The main thing is that he said it, and you don't say and repeat a word as powerful as the one he did in the spur of the moment.
poorlilrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 04:17 AM   #18
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!
 
Cannonball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: pa...
Posts: 8,884
Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Question about White/Black issue

Yeah he was a janitor. Sure he was uneducated but he was trying hard to make a life for his kid. And no the job market is horrible for people around here... He had a good job and had been working there for like 9 years... I think it was 15 bucks an hour and benefits but the illegals will do it for less then minimum and no benefits.

Why did they do?

They entered the country illegally. Which sets them up for a worse life because they have no papers and they can't get a decent job. It would prob. be better in Mexico. If they came over legally they can get a normal job without messing up the job market. They have to be paid normally. if they have papers. See why it is important for ever one to be legal.
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 04:25 AM   #19
AtTheDriveIn
04'
 
AtTheDriveIn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,767
AtTheDriveIn has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Question about White/Black issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball
Yeah he was a janitor. Sure he was uneducated but he was trying hard to make a life for his kid. And no the job market is horrible for people around here... He had a good job and had been working there for like 9 years... I think it was 15 bucks an hour and benefits but the illegals will do it for less then minimum and no benefits.

Why did they do?

They entered the country illegally. Which sets them up for a worse life because they have no papers and they can't get a decent job. It would prob. be better in Mexico. If they came over legally they can get a normal job without messing up the job market. They have to be paid normally. if they have papers. See why it is important for ever one to be legal.

How is it the same?

Have you actually lived in Mexico to comment on how good or bad it actually is down there? They'd get cash-in-hand jobs anyway. What's wrong with that exactly? Much easier, much less hassle, and no chance of getting caught.

Before you actually say how much 'worse' their life is in the USA' (WTF?), go live in Mexico and see how well people live over there. Especially if you're coming from an overpopulated, low-income (Much lower then America's) city like Mexico City, why wouldn't you contemplate a move to America? Jobs are easy to come by. People are friendly (usually), and you can set up a future there. What the **** is the point of being angry if they're willing to sell themselves for a lower price then your dad's friend was offering?
AtTheDriveIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 04:27 AM   #20
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!
 
Cannonball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: pa...
Posts: 8,884
Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Question about White/Black issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtTheDriveIn
How is it the same?

Have you actually lived in Mexico to comment on how good or bad it actually is down there? They'd get cash-in-hand jobs anyway. What's wrong with that exactly? Much easier, much less hassle, and no chance of getting caught.

Before you actually say how much 'worse' their life is in the USA' (WTF?), go live in Mexico and see how well people live over there. Especially if you're coming from an overpopulated, low-income (Much lower then America's) city like Mexico City, why wouldn't you contemplate a move to America? Jobs are easy to come by. People are friendly (usually), and you can set up a future there. What the **** is the point of being angry if they're willing to sell themselves for a lower price then your dad's friend was offering?
It is illegal... Thats whats wrong with it. The law.

What country are you from?
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 04:30 AM   #21
AtTheDriveIn
04'
 
AtTheDriveIn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,767
AtTheDriveIn has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Question about White/Black issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball
It is illegal... Thats whats wrong with it. The law.

What country are you from?

No American has broken the law though, right? Underage drinking ie. Killing off their braincells at a young age. *Oh just give them a warning, and a slap on the wrist*. If that. :rollingeyes:

Mexican trying to set himself up for a MUCH better life? *NO!! GET THE **** BACK!!*

C'mon man, how stupid does this sound? It's not because they're illegal that annoys you, it's because you yourself might be just a little bias against them, am I wrong? What is it about them that's so horrible that you cannot stand them being in your country, honestly!?

I'm FROM Bosnia, but I live in Australia.
AtTheDriveIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 04:34 AM   #22
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!
 
Cannonball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: pa...
Posts: 8,884
Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Question about White/Black issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtTheDriveIn
No American has broken the law though, right? Underage drinking ie. Killing off their braincells at a young age. *Oh just give them a warning, and a slap on the wrist*. If that. :rollingeyes:

Mexican trying to set himself up for a MUCH better life? *NO!! GET THE **** BACK!!*

C'mon man, how stupid does this sound? It's not because they're illegal that annoys you, it's because you yourself might be just a little bias against them, am I wrong? What is it about them that's so horrible that you cannot stand them being in your country, honestly!?

I'm FROM Bosnia, but I live in Australia.
MS-13

And if you want to get all conspiracy theorish. The Mexicans could start a MASSIVE army with all the people that are coming over and start a war. reacquire the land pre-spanish american war.

I've heard 5000 illegal immigrants a day. So lets say 1000 of those are gang members daaaaaaaaamn.
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 04:37 AM   #23
AtTheDriveIn
04'
 
AtTheDriveIn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,767
AtTheDriveIn has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Question about White/Black issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball
MS-13

And if you want to get all conspiracy theorish. The Mexicans could start a MASSIVE army with all the people that are coming over and start a war. reacquire the land pre-spanish american war.

I've heard 5000 illegal immigrants a day. So lets say 1000 of those are gang members daaaaaaaaamn.

Mexicans = Outdated technology, a few thousand people (according to yourself)
Americans = Leading power militarily.

Stupid argument, to be honest. I can see you have nothing more to say about this, so I'll assume you're just a little racist, and not reply again.
AtTheDriveIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 04:38 AM   #24
Jakez On Point11
I brick open layups
 
Jakez On Point11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Steel City
Posts: 145
Jakez On Point11 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Question about White/Black issue

That's what you don't understand theres no word that I can think of that is as heart wrenching as the N Word. Of course I don't agree with black comedians talking about white people do this or whatever. But you must have you're head up your ass because as far as i know there is a huge diffrence between a black comdedian making fun of white people and Krammer saying the N word.

Now I don;t give a rats ass if white people make fun of black people in their comedy we've been doing for centuries. But when a guy like Kramer, who's career is worth about nothing, says the n word repeadatly, and talks about hangin black people, thats too far. I hope those Cambodians kick his ass cuz i sure as hell would

and about mexicans let them in the damn country everybody says they're takin money away how many of those people would take jobs at fast food, home fixings and everything.

Last edited by Jakez On Point11 : 08-16-2007 at 04:41 AM.
Jakez On Point11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 04:52 AM   #25
Dodonpa
Great young streetballer
 
Dodonpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: ME ANGRY MAN
Posts: 500
Dodonpa has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Question about White/Black issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball
Yeah he was a janitor. Sure he was uneducated but he was trying hard to make a life for his kid. And no the job market is horrible for people around here... He had a good job and had been working there for like 9 years... I think it was 15 bucks an hour and benefits but the illegals will do it for less then minimum and no benefits.

Why did they do?

They entered the country illegally. Which sets them up for a worse life because they have no papers and they can't get a decent job. It would prob. be better in Mexico. If they came over legally they can get a normal job without messing up the job market. They have to be paid normally. if they have papers. See why it is important for ever one to be legal.
This is where your age shows itself.
You seriously think they would be better off in Mexico then coming here as an illegal immigrant?
That's an absolute joke. You have no idea the gap between countries these days.

You've got Americans lying around doing nothing.. absolutely waste of space..
Yet you're putting down these Mexican's, who's risking everything.. to come here and try to improve their own lives.?

I don't support illegal immigration.. but what you said there was pretty much BS.
Dodonpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 04:52 AM   #26
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!
 
Cannonball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: pa...
Posts: 8,884
Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Question about White/Black issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtTheDriveIn
Mexicans = Outdated technology, a few thousand people (according to yourself)
Americans = Leading power militarily.

Stupid argument, to be honest. I can see you have nothing more to say about this, so I'll assume you're just a little racist, and not reply again.
How am I racist. I regularly play ball with a legal Mexican. His name his John. My moms best friend is a legal Brazilian Her son is older than me but we used to play a little madden and such. I don't care what color your skin is.... aqua bull black orange white brown who cares.... As long as you are legal and a cool person that's fine with me. I don't know that many people of different ethnic backrounds that is true, but I don't unconditionally hate them because of their skin color.
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 04:55 AM   #27
AtTheDriveIn
04'
 
AtTheDriveIn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,767
AtTheDriveIn has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Question about White/Black issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball
How am I racist. I regularly play ball with a legal Mexican. His name his John. My moms best friend is a legal Brazilian Her son is older than me but we used to play a little madden and such. I don't care what color your skin is.... aqua bull black orange white brown who cares.... As long as you are legal and a cool person that's fine with me. I don't know that many people of different ethnic backrounds that is true, but I don't unconditionally hate them because of their skin color.

But you hate them because they risk everything to come to a country for a better life and take a job you don't want? Oh, good job at setting the story straight there.
AtTheDriveIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 04:56 AM   #28
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!
 
Cannonball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: pa...
Posts: 8,884
Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Question about White/Black issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodonpa
This is where your age shows itself.
You seriously think they would be better off in Mexico then coming here as an illegal immigrant?
That's an absolute joke. You have no idea the gap between countries these days.

You've got Americans lying around doing nothing.. absolutely waste of space..
Yet you're putting down these Mexican's, who's risking everything.. to come here and try to improve their own lives.?

I don't support illegal immigration.. but what you said there was pretty much BS.

"this is where it shows itself"

Come on dude gtfo. I'm not racist, I just don't want illegals in my country. There are reasons these laws are made.

And how do you guys know that the living conditions in Mexico aren't better than the ones in the ghettos and slums of the big city's. HUH yeah you don't.

What you said is complete BS.
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 04:56 AM   #29
poorlilrich
woop woop
 
poorlilrich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 4,555
poorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this board
Default Re: Question about White/Black issue

I strongly dislike illegal mexicans as well. My brother in Africa has been trying to get a Visa for like two years while these retarded Mexican ****s just hop over the border. When a patrol man does his duty, he gets thrown in the slammer. If it wasn't for those illegals, there would be more educated people in the US. Instead those lazy retards are overcrowding the sidewalks and most of them (in the Bay area) are a defect to society.


If I was American I would be pissed about the job the government has done on controlling the illegals.
poorlilrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 04:58 AM   #30
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!
 
Cannonball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: pa...
Posts: 8,884
Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Question about White/Black issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtTheDriveIn
But you hate them because they risk everything to come to a country for a better life and take a job you don't want? Oh, good job at setting the story straight there.
I don't hate them.

Stop putting words in my mouth.

I don't like them in my country. It maybe a job I don't want, but it could be very important to a working class AMERICAN citizen.
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:05 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy