Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-16-2007, 05:59 AM   #31
Dodonpa
Great young streetballer

Default Re: Question about White/Black issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball
"this is where it shows itself"

Come on dude gtfo. I'm not racist, I just don't want illegals in my country. There are reasons these laws are made.

And how do you guys know that the living conditions in Mexico aren't better than the ones in the ghettos and slums of the big city's. HUH yeah you don't.

What you said is complete BS.
Where did I call you a racist?
And yes, the slums of Mexico are 10 times worst off than the worst in the states. You need to do some reading, learning, watch videos.
You're obviously too young, and some American schools skip this, so I don't blame you.
Dodonpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 05:59 AM   #32
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poorlilrich
I strongly dislike illegal mexicans as well. My brother in Africa has been trying to get a Visa for like two years while these retarded Mexican ****s just hop over the border. When a patrol man does his duty, he gets thrown in the slammer. If it wasn't for those illegals, there would be more educated people in the US. Instead those lazy retards are overcrowding the sidewalks and most of them (in the Bay area) are a defect to society.

If I was American I would be pissed about the job the government has done on controlling the illegals.
What are you?

For the record I don't hate Mexicans I don't want illegals in my country!
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 06:00 AM   #33
AtTheDriveIn
04'

Quote:
"this is where it shows itself"

Come on dude gtfo. I'm not racist, I just don't want illegals in my country. There are reasons these laws are made.

And how do you guys know that the living conditions in Mexico aren't better than the ones in the ghettos and slums of the big city's. HUH yeah you don't.

What you said is complete BS.

Because they all live in the 'ghetto' right?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that what they try and stay clear of. I mean the adults though. The ones who want jobs, who want their stupid ignorant wannabe gangsta, already addicted to the American culture sons and/or daughters to have a good life?

Give me some evidence that says Mexico is better then USA, and also, if it there was so much more room, and so good over there, why aren't any Americans moving down there?
AtTheDriveIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 06:02 AM   #34
AtTheDriveIn
04'

Cannoball,

Can you please give us one detailed post on why you do not want Mexicans in your country? Instead of this crap you're giving us right now?
AtTheDriveIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 06:05 AM   #35
poorlilrich
woop woop

Quote:
What are you?

For the record I don't hate Mexicans I don't want illegals in my country!

I'm African but i'm residing in the states.
poorlilrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 06:06 AM   #36
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtTheDriveIn
Because they all live in the 'ghetto' right?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that what they try and stay clear of. I mean the adults though. The ones who want jobs, who want their stupid ignorant wannabe gangsta, already addicted to the American culture sons and/or daughters to have a good life?

Give me some evidence that says Mexico is better then USA, and also, if it there was so much more room, and so good over there, why aren't any Americans moving down there?

Yeah it sure is what they try to stay clear of, but where do you think the jobs are???? yeah the big city's. Can they afford an apartment in overlooking centeral park? no They go to the ghettos.....

Find me some evidence that says Mexico is that much worse than the the American ghettos. Not only do they have to deal with same things they do in Mexico they have to deal with Americans not wanting them here.
Old 08-16-2007, 06:09 AM   #37
poorlilrich
woop woop

So At the Drive In

You wouldn't mind if immigrants flooded Australia?

You act like it's no big deal when it's a huge one. Some of them may do good to the country, but a good portion sell drugs, steal or just loaf around doing nothing.

It would be nice if the government had a workers VISA they could give Mexicans, but you shoudn't just allow them to walk in and out of the country.

They bring unneeded diseases, drugs and people.
Old 08-16-2007, 06:09 AM   #38
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Quote:
Cannoball,

Can you please give us one detailed post on why you do not want Mexicans in your country? Instead of this crap you're giving us right now?
I think I've covered it...

They take jobs away from legal citizens. They have a huge gang population. The BIGGEST gang in USA. The living conditions aren't as better as everyone makes them out to be. They bring guns, drugs, slave trade, sex slave trade. The list goes on and on.

It is illegal for a reason you know.

Why do you care about my boarder any way?
Old 08-16-2007, 06:10 AM   #39
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Quote:
I'm African but i'm residing in the states.
Do you plan on getting US citizenship? Just curious.
Old 08-16-2007, 06:14 AM   #40
Dodonpa
Great young streetballer

You want prove? Sure, let me open your eyes.

http://www.usimmigrationsupport.org/...on_mexico.html

Don't know if the vocab might be too hard for you. It only touches a TINY bit on why they want to move here.

and
http://usliberals.about.com/od/immig...llegalImmi.htm

Quote:
Widespread Poverty and Hunger in Mexico
According to the World Bank, 53% of Mexico' population of 104 million residents live in poverty, which is defined as living on less than $2 a day. Close to 24% of Mexico's population live in extreme poverty, which means they live on less than $1 a day.

The bottom 40% of Mexican households share less than 11% of the country's wealth. Millions live in extreme poverty,and children are compelled to work on the streets in order to help provide food for their families.

Unemployment in Mexico is realistically estimated near 40%, and there are no government unemployment benefits. There are also virtually no welfare benefits to provide the basics for poverty-stricken, often-starving women, children and families.

To complicate economic matters more, Mexico's 1994-95 privatization of its banking and telecommunications industries thrust millions more into poverty with increased consumer prices, rising unemployment and wage and benefit cuts.

Mexico's massive privatizations in 1994-95 also created a new privileged class of home-grown millionaires and billionaires. As of 2002, Mexico ranked fourth in the world in billionaires, behind the US, Japan and Germany.

To summarize thusfar, millions of Mexican families live in soul-stripping poverty...unemployed, hungry, without healthcare...and the US border with Mexico is significantly under-enforced.

That is merely the surface. I do not need to do further researching, you're a youngster who haven't been educated on world issues yet. I don't blame you for that, but just do not be ignorant.
Old 08-16-2007, 06:16 AM   #41
Dodonpa
Great young streetballer

Again, I'm not condoning illegal immigration.

I'm just letting you know, it's wrong to say that their life would be better in Mexico then coming here illegally.
The worst here in the states can actually feed families back in Mexico for them.
Old 08-16-2007, 06:16 AM   #42
poorlilrich
woop woop

Quote:
Do you plan on getting US citizenship? Just curious.

Yea

You American?
Old 08-16-2007, 06:19 AM   #43
BradMiller52
Kings fan

Quote:
And to BradMiller52:

So you're annoyed at the fact that a Mexican took your friends job. You're annoyed that of the fact that the Mexican lives in your area, and you're annoying because there's so many of them? That's the kind of vibe I'm getting from your post. You can say you're not racist, but it just doesn't add up. Have you ever thought of what Mexicans have to deal with IN Mexico, and do you ever wonder WHY they'd want to move to America?

All this tourism crap about how America is great is sure to spread to just South of the border. They don't take your friends job, they set themselves up for a better life. That's how business is. If your friends don't like it, what can really be done? Obviously words about how they 'hate them damn Mexicans' isn't going to do **** but probably get them fired if they say it in front of the wrong person. Just realise that they haven't done anything wrong. They got away from poor conditions, to be in a MUCH, MUCH better place. They need the essentials in life. They work the minimum wage to be able to provide for their families, and they go to your schools like any other American kid. What have they done wrong exactly?

I'm not saying they're at fault for doing anything. Obviously if they have to decide between a bad situation in Mexico and a possibly better situation in America they choose the better situation. I'm not blaming them for that. I'm not that mad honestly, and I don't hate Mexicans/my friends don't hate Mexicans/my family doesn't hate Mexicans, that's putting words in my mouth. Like I said I'm friends with A TON of Mexicans. But I mean can you really blame people for resenting that someone took their job?

And honestly it's not like all Mexicans are illegal anyway. I know Mexican people who have family that's been in Northern California/the US for 30-40 years and a lot of them dislike it also. It's not a race issue, it's whether you're legal or illegal. They're illegal. Meaning(correct me if I'm wrong) it's supposed to be illegal for them to live here.

poorlilrich already said some stuff about what it's like but some of them do bring gangs and stuff over here. A lot of them don't speak English so to get certain jobs you need to speak Spanish well. They bring a lot of problems over here. I can't blame them that they're trying to get away from those problems but you can't blame people for getting mad about it.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 06:20 AM   #44
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Ok I was defiantly incorrect about us being worse then Mexico, but it still doesn't make it right.

Yeah I understood the article completely except for privatizations.

Everything else was like 8 grade vocab. Why would I not understand that?
Old 08-16-2007, 06:23 AM   #45
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Quote:
Yea

You American?
Yeah I'm American.

How old were you when you came over from Africa?

How was it possible?

Could you speak English?

What was it like first coming to America?

If you were old enough what are the main differences from Africa to the USA?

Just curious.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: