Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-16-2007, 01:14 AM   #16
bomber
Good college starter

bomber has decent reputationbomber has decent reputation
Default Re: Dorell Wright has grown to 6-10 1/2...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatZNasty
TMac grew 2 inches one summer while he was a Magic, and I know Hedo Turkaglu also grew 2 inches one summer. I wish I knew how to get these late growth spurts. Me at 6'4 would be so boss. Most impressive offseason growth iMO though was that summer Nikolov Tskitshvilli gained 37lbs of muscle while only increasing his bf% by 1. The trainer for the Nuggets said dude was in the weight room 7hrs a day and he had to start locking him out

Thats why Skita is a superstar today.
bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 02:12 AM   #17
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

I think Dorell will be the x factor (as will the health of the team ofcourse). But if he proves to be a guy that can step up and score double digits efficiently amongst other things, then they could surprise. Well some people, some people already think they'll be contenders.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 02:13 AM   #18
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

got milk?
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 02:19 AM   #19
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Talking Re: Dorell Wright has grown to 6-10 1/2...

By the way they said in the main forum that Dorell Wright is now a legit 6'10 1/2. I think Wright is between 6'5 3/4- 6'6 3/4 ( with out shoes)

Dorell Wright in December, 2006

with 6'3 3/4 Dwyane Wade

with 7'1 Shaquille O'Neal

Dorell Wright in Feb, 2007

with legit 6'11 Michael Doleac

Unless, Dorell Wright take some miracle growth pills i cannot see him eclipsing his current height right now. Maybe Pat Riley shrink that is why the thought that Wright is currently 6'10 1/2. :)

NBA Should listed my boy Lebron James at 6'9 because he is definitely ( 6'8 with out shoes right now), According to the rule in the NBA once the season starts coaches and trainer should send a letter to David Stern and NBA.com so that the formal change of height, weight, will be updated.

Here are some changes in NBA.com

Scottie Pippen was listed at 6'7 in the his entire NBA career and suddenly NBA.com listed him at 6'8 in 1999.

Mike Bibby is a legit 6'1 but 2 NBA seasons ago he was listed at 6'2, After one season NBA.com reverse it again.

Tim Duncan who was measuerd at 6'10 in the 1997 NBA pre Draft Measurement was listed at 7'0 in most of his NBA Career. Then suddenly the NBA.com listed him at 6'11 which is Duncan's height in sneakers and shoes. ( Same with Dirk Nowitzki)

Steve Francis Birthday was listed in 1978 but after he was traded to the Orlando Magic back in 2004. The NBA.com suddenly make Steve Francis a year older listing him being born in 1977.

Last edited by Lebron23 : 08-16-2007 at 02:34 AM.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 02:24 AM   #20
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation

what would photos from 6 months ago prove...I have a friend the grew 6-7 inches in one summer(actually 2 months)....Went from 6-2 to almost 6-8 or 6-9 and he wasnt even done growing yet...ended up at 6-11
IGOTGAME is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 02:29 AM   #21
BradMiller52
Kings fan

BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far

He looks like he's 6-8 to me in the pics you posted L23. He probably has grown since then though but I'd say 6-9 and not 6-10.5
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 02:33 AM   #22
Force
National High School Star

Force has decent reputationForce has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzle-2k7
kobe posterized him btw.

That's more like it!...because I was pretty surprised at how Dorrell continually owned Kobe defensively in the X-mas day game last year.

Also, to the guys posting the pics, thanks for the visuals...but keep in mind, you can't judge height comparisons very accurately from side by side pics especially when neither guy is standing straight up. A slight lean can change the look completely...also you gotta think about how far their two feet are from each other...that will make people appear shorter.
Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 02:54 AM   #23
VCMVP1551
NBA sixth man of the year

VCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this board

Lebron23 is right Dorell is no more than 6'7". Also T-Mac did not grow 2 inches he is still the 6'6 1/4" he was measured at in 1997 look.

With Kobe Bryant who measured 6'5" without shoes in 1996 and has probably grown to 6'5 1/2"

He doesn't even have an inch on Vince Carter who measured 6'5 1/2" without shoes in the 1998 pre-draft camp.

Shane Battier measured 6'8 1/4" barefoot and EASILY has 2 inches on T-Mac. Bonzi Wells measured 6'5"
VCMVP1551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 02:59 AM   #24
VCMVP1551

VCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this board

I want a link to Riley saying Dorell is 6'10 1/2" As far as growth spurts Andrew Bynum grew from 7'0 1/4" to 7'1" but that was in 2005 at 18 years old.
Old 08-16-2007, 03:04 AM   #25
GoldNugg21
Good High School Starter

GoldNugg21 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatZNasty
TMac grew 2 inches one summer while he was a Magic, and I know Hedo Turkaglu also grew 2 inches one summer. I wish I knew how to get these late growth spurts. Me at 6'4 would be so boss. Most impressive offseason growth iMO though was that summer Nikolov Tskitshvilli gained 37lbs of muscle while only increasing his bf% by 1. The trainer for the Nuggets said dude was in the weight room 7hrs a day and he had to start locking him out
Ya, that was pretty awesome. But then he still sucked.

I kinda miss Skita, actually. Back when we sucked, he was one of the funnest guys to root for.
GoldNugg21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 03:22 AM   #26
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCMVP1551
I want a link to Riley saying Dorell is 6'10 1/2" As far as growth spurts Andrew Bynum grew from 7'0 1/4" to 7'1" but that was in 2005 at 18 years old.

its on page 1

I always thought Kobe was 6"6...

and also unless someone has a screenshot of dorell in the last month next to a ruler it wont prove anything

Last edited by IGOTGAME : 08-16-2007 at 03:24 AM.
IGOTGAME is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 03:24 AM   #27
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCMVP1551

Check the 1st part of the page some Miami Heat fans posts a link about the Pat Riley Article.

Some notable growth in basketball

Dennis Rodman

Was only 5' 10" when he graduated high school.

He and his wife, Michelle, live in different houses.

Did not play basketball in high school; however, while at Cooke County Jr. College, he walked on and played one season before dropping out and going to work as a janitor at an airport in Dallas. A recruiter from Southeastern Oklahoma State University who had seen him play that season saw him in the airport and invited him to try out for a basketball scholarship.

Despite being consistently listed as 6'8", even in his NBA career, and also often 6'9", in the media and press, he is actually only 6'6", by his own admission.

David Robinson

He was 5 feet, 9 inches tall in junior high school so he tried basketball, but he soon quit. Robinson attended Osbourn Park High School in Manassas, Virginia just outside of Washington D.C., where Robinson's father was working as an engineer after retiring from the Navy. By his senior year in high school he was 6 feet, 7 inches tall, but he had not played organized basketball. When the coach added the tall senior to the basketball team, Robinson earned all-area and all-district honors but generated little interest among college basketball coaches. Basketball was not his first priority anyway—getting an education was. Robinson scored a 1320 on the SAT, and he chose to go to the United States Naval Academy, where he majored in mathematics.

By the time he took the court in his first basketball game for Navy, he had grown to 6 ft 9 in (2.06 m), and over the course of his college basketball career, he grew to 7 ft 0 in (2.14 m). In his final two years, he was a consensus All-American, and won college basketball's two most prestigious player awards, the Naismith and Wooden Awards, as a Naval Academy first classman (senior). Upon graduation, he became eligible for the 1987 NBA Draft and was selected by the San Antonio Spurs with the first overall pick; however, the Spurs had to wait two years before he could join them because he needed to fulfill two years of Navy duty.

Kevin Garnett

I remembered that he was measured at 6'10 in the 1995 NBA draft after a year he was a full grown man at 6'11 1/4. KG could just be listed as a legit 7 footer in his shoes but he change his mind because he wants to be remembered as a mobile PF and does not want to be categorize as a Center.

Dennis Johnson

As a 5-9 guard at Dominguez High School, Johnson played only a minute or two each game. After graduation the coach at Harbor Junior College saw him playing street ball, noticed his tough defense, and asked him to enroll. Johnson traded in his warehouse job for the classroom. Two years later and seven inches taller, Johnson averaged 18.3 points and 12.0 rebounds and keyed Harbor to a state junior college title.

Johnson received only two scholarship offers, from Pepperdine and Azusa Pacific. He packed his bags for Malibu. In his only season at Pepperdine, Johnson averaged 15.7 points and helped the Waves crack the Top 20 and make the NCAA Tournament. Playing tough defense, Pepperdine beat Memphis State and then put a scare into UCLA at Pauley Pavilion. In that game Johnson was all over slick Bruins playmaker Andre McCarter. Seattle scouts excitedly scribbled notes about the rough-and-tumble guard who jumped center. After that season Johnson applied as a hardship case for the 1976 NBA

Last edited by Lebron23 : 08-16-2007 at 03:27 AM.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 03:28 AM   #28
VCMVP1551

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
its on page 1

I always thought Kobe was 6"6...

and also unless someone has a screenshot of dorell in the last month next to a ruler it wont prove anything

Kobe was measured at 6'5" barefoot at 17 years old and I think he grew to 6'5 1/2" which is pretty much 6'6". You can see T-Mac is barely taller right? Anyway I can't see Dorell at 6'10 1/2" Shaq is a legit 7'1" there is no way Dorrell is just 2 1/2 inches shorter. Maybe Pat meant 6'10 1/2" in shoes.
Old 08-16-2007, 04:11 AM   #29
millencolin735
Decent playground baller

millencolin735 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRapz
how old is he and how is he still growing?

Actually its possible as far as what he is listed at. NBA.com has him at 6'8, 2 inches isnt that farfetched. I'm fairly confident thought not 100% sure, but I believe you can continue to grow up until your 25. People keep asking me if im going through another growth spurt and I'm 23, so it's not entirely impossible.
millencolin735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 11:31 AM   #30
dawsey6
/thread

dawsey6 has decent reputationdawsey6 has decent reputation

It might be possible.

Scottie Pippen was only 6' 1" and weighed 135 lbs when he was a freshman in college (He started out as the team's towelboy)

In his senior year he was 6' 8" 220 I beleive, if not, bigger coming into the draft.
dawsey6 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: