Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-16-2007, 08:00 AM   #1
clipps
Good college starter

clipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputation
Default It's amazing how things change after one year

This time last year, I was getting bashed because I thought the Clippers were championship team.... Now I think they are one of the worst teams in the league.
clipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 08:02 AM   #2
Darsh
Good college starter

Darsh has decent reputationDarsh has decent reputation
Default Re: It's amazing how things change after one year

At least you've come out of this a lot smarter.
Darsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 08:10 AM   #3
clipps
Good college starter

clipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputation

Well, next season if the Clippers draft Mayo or Rose and keep Brand, the old me might come back.
Old 08-16-2007, 08:12 AM   #4
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipps
This time last year, I was getting bashed because I thought the Clippers were championship team.... Now I think they are one of the worst teams in the league.

Must be rough for you guys.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 08:13 AM   #5
clipps
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darsh
At least you've come out of this a lot smarter.

Just because I was overly optimistic doesn't mean I was and idiot. I was just very very.... very optimistic.
Old 08-16-2007, 08:22 AM   #6
clipps
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFly
Must be rough for you guys.

The whole year was a desaster for the Clippers. They finally had everything going for them and then something had to get f*cked up. The team did look pretty good last summer. This summer was already bad enough because of the lack of off-season moves the Clippers were making, but when EB injured his achilles, I thought it was a sick joke at first. But it's what us Clipper fans are used to. It sucks, but at the end of the day, there is nothing that will turn my back against the Clippers. I might think they will suck balls this year, but I'm still gunna support them in any way i possibly can.

If I have to look at it in an optimistic point of view, Maggette finally gets the chance to prove what he can do as the #1 scoring option. Maybe it'll boost his trade value and the Clippers can get someone nice in return. Playing time will be opened up for other players that I want to see succeed like Al Thornton, Korolev, and Paul Davis. And whenever the Clippers need to take care of EB's contract, maybe he'll be cheaper because of the injury. And last but not least, the possibility of drafting a future superstar in the 08 NBA draft.

But this season's gunna be tough to endur, but I can do it.

Is it asking too much to see the Clippers bask in glory on a consistant basis? Apparently, yes.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:36 AM   #7
Poseidon
Banned

Poseidon has decent reputationPoseidon has decent reputation

Nobody gave a sh!t about the Clippers last season and nobody still gives a sh!t about the Clippers this season.

Why Clippers fans exist is beyond me. Probably bitter Lakers fans who can't afford tix to see Kobe and the Lakers.
Poseidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 10:56 AM   #8
TMac&Luther
Karl Malone's bastard

TMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon
Nobody gave a sh!t about the Clippers last season and nobody still gives a sh!t about the Clippers this season.

Why Clippers fans exist is beyond me. Probably bitter Lakers fans who can't afford tix to see Kobe and the Lakers.

Atleast Clipper fans are real. I respect fans of a losing team, they are some of the most die hard and truiest fans out there, because it certainly ain't all the victories thats dragging them out to the stadium.

I remember when the Lakers were winning, you couldn't get a Laker ticket and games looked like a damn red carpet event.......... where did all the stars go.
TMac&Luther is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 11:02 AM   #9
LowRider236
I airball my layups

LowRider236 has an OK reputation so far

clippers should move to the wnba along with bucks.
LowRider236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 11:13 AM   #10
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowRider236
clippers should move to the wnba along with bucks.

You should move to the mental hospital and get your @ss out of Insidehoops.

If you do not want to contribute in this site.......................... GTFO.

Because Lebron 3:16 said " I will your kick @ss and throw your fat body in the dumpster".

Garbage poster are not allowed.. F@gott

On topic.

It might actually be one of the worst season in the LA Clippers history due to the fact that their main man Elton Brand will miss the rest of the season. But at the end of the day after the regular season i can see them contending for the no.1 and no.2 overall pick in the 2008 NBA Draft.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 11:15 AM   #11
LowRider236
I airball my layups

LowRider236 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
You should move to the mental hospital and get your @ss out of Insidehoops.

If you do not want to contribute in this site.......................... GTFO.

Because Lebron 3:16 said " I will your kick @ss and throw your fat body in the dumpster".

Garbage poster are not allowed.. F@gott
who the fack still watches wrestling and talks lik them
u a fackin dumb kid that havent grown up
wrestlin fans have the IQ of chimpanzees
LowRider236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 11:29 AM   #12
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

The Best thing for the Clippers to do is to start the rebuilding process again at the end of next season
Decide who is going to be here for the next 7 years and who is not
they built there team,made the playoffs once but it wasn't there time for them to improve the next season,and they certainly wont improve this season

My Advice:
Trade Maggette for Yi or trade him for picks
Trade Cuttino Mobley for an expirer and draft pick

I know you may not want to here this:
Trade Elton Brand before you overpay him over the next 6 years
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 11:42 AM   #13
qwerty
(o_0)

qwerty has decent reputationqwerty has decent reputation

change your avatar... i don't care if you lost a bet... just change it
qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 11:49 AM   #14
CakeorDeath
Local High School Star

CakeorDeath has decent reputation

Respect to any one who cheers for a team that struggles.
CakeorDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 12:39 PM   #15
otmtheshank
Good High School Starter

otmtheshank has an OK reputation so far

Do the Clippers still see anything in Yaroslav Korolev? People were pegging him as "Scottie Pippen meets Toni Kukoc", and some other player. I went out of my way to watch a few games of his with the Red Army. He could do pretty much anything out there, and showed a lot of potential. I don't think he's anywhere near NBA-ready, but I'd like to see what he could with some good minutes with the Clippers.

I'm also hoping that Chris Kaman has the breakout year he was supposed to have last year.
otmtheshank is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: