Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-16-2007, 12:47 PM   #16
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: It's amazing how things change after one year

^^he jut turned 20 I think
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 01:47 PM   #17
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipps
This time last year, I was getting bashed because I thought the Clippers were championship team.... Now I think they are one of the worst teams in the league.

well no sh!t they are going to be one of the worst with Brand out.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 02:06 PM   #18
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipps
The whole year was a desaster for the Clippers. They finally had everything going for them and then something had to get f*cked up. The team did look pretty good last summer. This summer was already bad enough because of the lack of off-season moves the Clippers were making, but when EB injured his achilles, I thought it was a sick joke at first. But it's what us Clipper fans are used to. It sucks, but at the end of the day, there is nothing that will turn my back against the Clippers. I might think they will suck balls this year, but I'm still gunna support them in any way i possibly can.

If I have to look at it in an optimistic point of view, Maggette finally gets the chance to prove what he can do as the #1 scoring option. Maybe it'll boost his trade value and the Clippers can get someone nice in return. Playing time will be opened up for other players that I want to see succeed like Al Thornton, Korolev, and Paul Davis. And whenever the Clippers need to take care of EB's contract, maybe he'll be cheaper because of the injury. And last but not least, the possibility of drafting a future superstar in the 08 NBA draft.

But this season's gunna be tough to endur, but I can do it.

Is it asking too much to see the Clippers bask in glory on a consistant basis? Apparently, yes.

I'm really sorry to see what's happened to Brand. I've always liked him game and his general approach to basketball. Eventually, you guys will bounce back. Hopefully, it doesn't take too long. You still have a good collection of talent. This year, you may be able to get a good draft pick... this could be a good thing... I know it's hard to stomach when you're in the process of going through it though.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 05:42 PM   #19
clipps
Good college starter

clipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
well no sh!t they are going to be one of the worst with Brand out.

Good job

Last edited by clipps : 08-16-2007 at 05:48 PM.
clipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 05:47 PM   #20
clipps
Good college starter

clipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFly
I'm really sorry to see what's happened to Brand. I've always liked him game and his general approach to basketball. Eventually, you guys will bounce back. Hopefully, it doesn't take too long. You still have a good collection of talent. This year, you may be able to get a good draft pick... this could be a good thing... I know it's hard to stomach when you're in the process of going through it though.

Yea. I do like the future. Corey's trade value will definitely raise because he'll drop all-star numbers because of the lack of scoring options the Clippers have. Maybe the Wolves will play better than expected so the Clippers can have their pick. I like a lot of the big men that will most likely get drafted in the late lottery positiongs. Hopefully next year, the Clippers will have the same type of off-season the Celtics had last year... except, instead of all-star veterans, they get a collection of very talented young players and i guess it'll be the 00-02 Clippers all over again... which isn't bad. That team was exciting.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:54 PM   #21
clipps
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by otmtheshank
Do the Clippers still see anything in Yaroslav Korolev? People were pegging him as "Scottie Pippen meets Toni Kukoc", and some other player. I went out of my way to watch a few games of his with the Red Army. He could do pretty much anything out there, and showed a lot of potential. I don't think he's anywhere near NBA-ready, but I'd like to see what he could with some good minutes with the Clippers.

I'm also hoping that Chris Kaman has the breakout year he was supposed to have last year.

Korolev does have the tools to become a good player. Quite possibly a Boris Diaw player that's big and can do a little bit of everything. He's athletic, Big (rumor says that he's grown to 6'10 and gained 30 lbs of muscle... but I need to see it to believe it. If not, then he still is big already), can shoot, can play point guard. If Mike Dunleavy wasn't a dumbass, Korolev would've played his first 2 seasons either overseas or atleast in the D league so he can get his feet wet so by now so he can finally make an impact. But with the lack of depth the Clippers have now, I can see Korolev finally getting decent playing time off the bench.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:58 PM   #22
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Atleast Clipper fans are real. I respect fans of a losing team

I feel like the only reason Clippers fans are Clippers fans is strictly contrarian.

The same reason that people are dedicated to independent movies and music that are inarguably worse than their more mainstream counterparts. Because they want to hate what everyone else likes and be edgy.

Cause I just don't see any other reason for a Clippers fan to be a Clippers fan. The team is horrible to watch. Their roster almost since I can remember has consisted of the most despicable types of players: the spoiled busts of yesteryear and the overpaid bums of today. From the front office to the players to the coaches, to the way they play, the Clippers have been the most glaring example of everything that's wrong with the NBA ever since I watched my first NBA game.

And with all this, there's a team that plays in the exact same building that is legendary, that has pushed the basketball envelope since the 60s, that is coached by Phil Jackson, whose teams are a joy to watch, and that have players that work hard, play hard, and are actually exciting.

So why do the Clippers have fans? Mine is the only reason I can come up with.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: