Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2007, 11:12 AM   #31
abuC
Cuba
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,668
Default Re: Real NBA Height

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCMVP1551
Take a guy 6'1" put him in basketball shoes. The shoes make him 6'2" but he is not 6'2 because. You can take a 6'1" guy and put him in boots and the boots will make hm close to 6'4" but he still wouldn't be 6'4". Some NBA players are listed barefoot, some heights are just inflated and some are listed in shoes.

That's nice, but players have shoes on when they play, that's the height that actually matters. Last I checked, nobody in the NBA has ever played while wearing boots or barefooted, just sneakers.
abuC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 05:08 PM   #32
VCMVP1551
NBA rookie of the year
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Charlie Villanuevas Eyebrows
Posts: 6,732
Default Re: Real NBA Height

Quote:
Originally Posted by abuC
That's nice, but players have shoes on when they play, that's the height that actually matters. Last I checked, nobody in the NBA has ever played while wearing boots or barefooted, just sneakers.

In any case the height listings are obviously strange because some players are listed barefoot. Shaq's height in shoes would be 7'3". You have Dirk and Shaq listed just an inch apart but then you see them stand near eachother and Shaq has 3 inches on Dirk. Same with Kevin Garnett who is listed his barefoot height which is why people think he is so much taller.

2006 Pre-Draft measurements
Lamarcus Aldridge 6'10", 7'4.75" wingspan
Adam Morrison 6'6.5"
Tyrus Thomas 6'7.25", 7'3" wingspan
Brandon Roy 6'5.25"
Randy Foye 6'2.25"
Rudy Gay 6'7", 7'3" wingspan
Mouhamed Saer Sene 6'11", 7'8.5" wingspan
Marcus Williams 6'2"


http://www.draftexpress.com/viewarticle.php?a=1348

Last edited by VCMVP1551 : 12-17-2007 at 12:59 PM.
VCMVP1551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 08:41 PM   #33
yobore
Great college starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,488
Default Re: Real NBA Height

lol I know for a fact that Felton (5' 11 1/2) is taller than Paul (5'11 3/4).
yobore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 09:41 PM   #34
VCMVP1551
NBA rookie of the year
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Charlie Villanuevas Eyebrows
Posts: 6,732
Default Re: Real NBA Height

Quote:
Originally Posted by yobore
lol I know for a fact that Felton (5' 11 1/2) is taller than Paul (5'11 3/4).

No you are wrong. They are 1/4 of an inch different though.

Last edited by VCMVP1551 : 07-28-2008 at 10:05 PM.
VCMVP1551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 01:05 AM   #35
Wonder Bread Kid
My Pimp Hand Is Lethal
 
Wonder Bread Kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 2,947
Default Re: Real NBA Height

Mike Bibby isnt't 6'1, he's closer to 5'10. Dude was on Leno a few years ago and was shoulder to shoulder eye to eye with Jay Leno.

Tony Parker is closer to 6'1 than 6'2 and I know this from personal experience in meeting Parker.

And enough with the posting pictures of NBA players standing next to or near another player to compare heights. In many of those pictures one player is slumped down, bent a bit, etc or the players are at angles that create an illusion.
Wonder Bread Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 01:06 AM   #36
VCMVP1551
NBA rookie of the year
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Charlie Villanuevas Eyebrows
Posts: 6,732
Default Re: Real NBA Height

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonder Bread Kid
Mike Bibby isnt't 6'1, he's closer to 5'10. Dude was on Leno a few years ago and was shoulder to shoulder eye to eye with Jay Leno.

Tony Parker is closer to 6'1 than 6'2 and I know this from personal experience in meeting Parker.

Bibby is 6'1" he was even listed at 6'2" for a while. You are right about Parker though.
VCMVP1551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 01:09 AM   #37
Wonder Bread Kid
My Pimp Hand Is Lethal
 
Wonder Bread Kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 2,947
Default Re: Real NBA Height

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCMVP1551
Bibby is 6'1" he was even listed at 6'2" for a while. You are right about Parker though.

Dude, find tape of his appearance on Leno, they were eye sight to eye sight. Leno is 5'10. No way would they even be that close to height if Bibby was a legit 6'1 or 6'2.
Wonder Bread Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 01:14 AM   #38
VCMVP1551
NBA rookie of the year
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Charlie Villanuevas Eyebrows
Posts: 6,732
Default Re: Real NBA Height

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonder Bread Kid
Dude, find tape of his appearance on Leno, they were eye sight to eye sight. Leno is 5'10. No way would they even be that close to height if Bibby was a legit 6'1 or 6'2.

Look at this Mike Bibby with 5'11" Bobby Jackson.

Bibby is 6'1" just like he was measured.

Last edited by VCMVP1551 : 07-28-2008 at 10:06 PM.
VCMVP1551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 01:19 AM   #39
Wonder Bread Kid
My Pimp Hand Is Lethal
 
Wonder Bread Kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 2,947
Default Re: Real NBA Height

Seeing as how Bobby Jackson is also listed at 6'1 someplaces just reaffirms the notion that you should "NEVER BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ ON THE INTERNET."
Wonder Bread Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 01:20 AM   #40
VCMVP1551
NBA rookie of the year
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Charlie Villanuevas Eyebrows
Posts: 6,732
Default Re: Real NBA Height

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonder Bread Kid
Seeing as how Bobby Jackson is also listed at 6'1 someplaces just reaffirms the notion that you should "NEVER BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ ON THE INTERNET."

Jackson was measured 5'11" Bibby is clearly taller.
VCMVP1551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 01:24 AM   #41
Wonder Bread Kid
My Pimp Hand Is Lethal
 
Wonder Bread Kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 2,947
Default Re: Real NBA Height

My god man... I'm not sure what your obsession with NBA players heights is but please stop using pre-draft heights. They're not realiable in the least.

One example, Elton Brand. You say he was pre-draft listed ay 6'7-1/2 yet Sean Elliot commented that the first time he saw Brand in person with the Clippers he was shocked at how short he was, saying he would barely give him 6'5.
Wonder Bread Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 01:29 AM   #42
Wonder Bread Kid
My Pimp Hand Is Lethal
 
Wonder Bread Kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 2,947
Default Re: Real NBA Height

You even posted this:

Quote:
If they aren't smoked out at the pre-draft camp, padded heights get exposed at USA Basketball team trials. It was in the run-up to the 1992 Olympics that the world finally learned what the cognoscenti had long suspected -- that Charles Barkley was more like 6-4 5/8 than 6-6
Wonder Bread Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 01:31 AM   #43
VCMVP1551
NBA rookie of the year
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Charlie Villanuevas Eyebrows
Posts: 6,732
Default Re: Real NBA Height

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonder Bread Kid
My god man... I'm not sure what your obsession with NBA players heights is but please stop using pre-draft heights. They're not realiable in the least.

One example, Elton Brand. You say he was pre-draft listed ay 6'7-1/2 yet Sean Elliot commented that the first time he saw Brand in person with the Clippers he was shocked at how short he was, saying he would barely give him 6'5.

Sean Elliot was probably joking. Mutombo joked Ewing was 6'9".



Corey Maggette, 6'6", Shaun Livingston 6'6.25" and Elton Brand 6'7.5"

If Elton Brand is 6'5" then Maggette and Livingston are under 6'4"

Last edited by VCMVP1551 : 07-28-2008 at 10:06 PM.
VCMVP1551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 01:45 AM   #44
Wonder Bread Kid
My Pimp Hand Is Lethal
 
Wonder Bread Kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 2,947
Default Re: Real NBA Height

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCMVP1551
Sean Elliot was probably joking. Mutombo joked Ewing was 6'9".

[IMG][/IMG]

Corey Maggette, 6'6", Shaun Livingston 6'6 1/4" and Elton Brand 6'7 1/2"

If Elton Brand is 6'5" then Maggette and Livingston are under 6'4"

Is that so hard to believe? You have Jordan and Kobe listed at 6'5 almost 6'6 yet Jordan and Barkley are basically the exact same height and Barkley is listed at 6'4.

Your method of posting media day pictures and using pre-draft or NBA.com heights to compare players isn't very reliable, sorry.
Wonder Bread Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 01:47 AM   #45
VCMVP1551
NBA rookie of the year
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Charlie Villanuevas Eyebrows
Posts: 6,732
Default Re: Real NBA Height

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonder Bread Kid
Is that so hard to believe? You have Jordan and Kobe listed at 6'5 almost 6'6 yet Jordan and Barkley are basically the exact same height and Barkley is listed at 6'4.

Your method of posting media day pictures and using pre-draft or NBA.com heights to compare players isn't very reliable, sorry.

I never use NBA.com heights and yes my method is reliable. Barkley was measured 6'4 5/8" which is pretty much 6'5" so Jordan's 6'5.5" height makes sense because he is a tiny bit taller than Barkley.

Last edited by VCMVP1551 : 12-17-2007 at 01:03 PM.
VCMVP1551 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:42 AM.




NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy