Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2229303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Real NBA Height

NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Real NBA Height

Quote Originally Posted by White Chocolate
    Ewing probably was slouching when my dad met him, so 6'11" is probably right. My dad is generally good with guessing heights. He said Jordan was 6'5", Rodman 6'6", and Pippen 6'7".
    Jordan at 6'5" is right on the money. He measured 6'4 7/8" exactly in '84, only 196 lbs too. Pippen was measured 6'7 1/2", 212 lbs, 7-2 wingspan in '87. Close enough to 6'7" and he never had good posture. Rodman seems 6-7 to me but I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by VCMVP1551
    Jordan at 6'5" is right on the money. He measured 6'4 7/8" exactly in '84, only 196 lbs too. Pippen was measured 6'7 1/2", 212 lbs, 7-2 wingspan in '87. Close enough to 6'7" and he never had good posture. Rodman seems 6-7 to me but I could be wrong.

Pippen's wingspan is flat out freakish. I always thought he was about an inch taller than Rodman.

So the morale of this thread is that since I'm 6'0.5-6'1, i can say i am 6'3 and still not be lying as much as most nba players?

National High School Star Sir Charles's Avatar

The Olympics generally knock off 1.25" off of everyone. Scottie Pippen was listed at 6'5.75".
    Pippen was listed a bit Shorter than Magic. (Magic) Whom really is 6`7 1/2 to 6`8 but is Stockier Built (Magic is actually quite naturally thick musculed, more than people tought even back in his young days).

Its also Quite Clear that Danny Manning is 6 inches taller than Charles here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8OfFDN7CnE

Here Guarded by Rodman. Rodman seems atleast 3 inches taller if not 3 1/2 and Yes Rodman has always claimed to be just shy of 6`7.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGX_HXlTV-Q

Look At the Vids...
    Last edited by Sir Charles; 09-30-2008 at 03:48 AM.

NBA rookie of the year

Pippen's wingspan is flat out freakish. I always thought he was about an inch taller than Rodman.

I see about a very small difference. Rodman seems 6'6.5" or 6'7" to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Zak
    So the morale of this thread is that since I'm 6'0.5-6'1, i can say i am 6'3 and still not be lying as much as most nba players?
    That'd be a bit of a stretch even in the NBA but not for Beasley or Derrick Rose! By the way there isn't really a morale, it's just trivial stuff. I do find it funny how the NBA can list a 6-7 guy at 6-10 and a 6-9 guy at 6-9 though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Charles
    Pippen was listed a bit Shorter than Magic. Whom really is 6`7 1/2 to 6`8
    but Stockier Built (Magic is actually quite naturally thick musculed, more than people tought even back in his young days).

Its also Quite Clear that Danny Manning is 6 inches taller than Charles here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8OfFDN7CnE

Here Guarded by Rodman. Rodman seems atleast 3 inches taller if not 3 1/2 and Yes Rodman has always claimed to be just shy of 6`7.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGX_HXlTV-Q

Look At the Vids...
    Those videos are HORRIBLE for judging height. They are playing against eachother NOT standing still next to eachother.

But go ahead disregard all of my side by side pictures including Barkley barefoot(took away your ridiculous claim of Barkley wearing shoes with lifts) as well as Barkley next to a damn height chart!

Just Look at Rodman guarding Barkley. He is atleast close to 3 inches taller be it if Barkley was 7'0 or 6`3. Its something like this:

Pippen: 2.02 mt (6`7 & 1/2)
    Rodman: 2.00 mt (6`6 & 7/8)
    Jordan: 1.97 mt (6`5 & 7/8)
    Barkley: 1.95 mt (6`4 & 5/8) but 260-284 lbs will make you look Bigger though

Last edited by Sir Charles; 09-30-2008 at 03:58 AM.

Witness

Hi. Pau Gasol's height is 216 cm and Marc's 213 cm, I don't remember the exact numbers but it was something like that, Pau being 2-3 cms taller than Marc. The source is Marc himself, so I guess it's not wrong.

National High School Star

Those videos are HORRIBLE for judging height. They are playing against eachother NOT standing still next to eachother.

But go ahead disregard all of my side by side pictures including Barkley barefoot(took away your ridiculous claim of Barkley wearing shoes with lifts) as well as Barkley next to a damn height chart!
    Do you really see any point in arguing with Sir Charles? He'll do anything to prove Barkley was 6"4 to make his achievements look more dominant. He's the worst poster in the history of ISH.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by AItheAnswer3
    Do you really see any point in arguing with Sir Charles? He'll do anything to prove Barkley was 6"4 to make his achievements look more dominant. He's the worst poster in the history of ISH.
    Without a doubt.

And for the last time Sir Charles, Jordan was measured 6'4 7/8" NOT 6'5 7/8". Stop making everyone else taller and Barkley shorter to make his accomplishments look more impressive.

Without a doubt.

And for the last time Sir Charles, Jordan was measured 6'4 7/8" NOT 6'5 7/8". Stop making everyone else taller and Barkley shorter to make his accomplishments look more impressive.
    Ask Jordan if Barkley is taller than him or the same height as him and he will say Barkley was 6`5 at most.

Go look at the Barkley videos and stop denying what is undeniable!. Barkley is clearly a bit Shorter than Jordan, Atleat 3 inches Shorter than Rodman and Against all the PFs he faced: 4-5 Inches Shorter at Average.

You must also remember that Barkley had a 39 inch vertical leap and Shaq-like Strength in his both Upper Body and Lower Torso. That, His Skills and his Agressive Relentless Style of Play go over any impressive facts on his Height.

To be 6`4/6`5 and just Play the Position he Played At is Already an Acomplishment but to Dominate like he Did is obviously very impressive and that has to do with him having those intermingled traits i mentioned.

Charles Barkley: [COLOR="Blue"]1,95 mt[/COLOR] (just under: 6`5 ft = 1, 9558 mt)
    Steve Smith: [COLOR="blue"]2,02 mt[/COLOR] (edging 1 cm under: 6`8 ft)
    Penny Hardaway: [COLOR="blue"]2,00 mt [/COLOR] (edging just 1 cm under: 6`7 ft)
    Mitch Richmond: [COLOR="blue"]1,96 mt[/COLOR] (1 cm over 6`5 ft)
    Last edited by Sir Charles; 09-30-2008 at 04:23 PM.

NBA rookie of the year

Jesus christ, Sir Charles, Barkley is about the same height as Penny in that picture!!!

Penny was measured 6'6" at the 1993 pre-draft camp and that makes Barkley around 6'6" like I've been saying!!!

Thank you for helping my agrument. And no I won't look at those stupid videos because I've seen them before, it's Barkley and Rodman in the middle of playing basketball! NOT them standing side by side. You can't even get a decent height estimate from the former, the latter is what you use for height comparisons.

By the way Steve Smith was measured 6'6 1/2" at the 1991 pre-draft camp NOT almost 6'8", Mitch Richmond measured 6'4" at the 1988 Olympics NOT almost 6'5".

Thanks for the picture though, that proved Chuck is about 6'6".

Jesus christ, Sir Charles, Barkley is about the same height as Penny in that picture!!!

Penny was measured 6'6" at the 1993 pre-draft camp and that makes Barkley around 6'6" like I've been saying!!!

Thank you for helping my agrument. And no I won't look at those stupid videos because I've seen them before, it's Barkley and Rodman in the middle of playing basketball! NOT them standing side by side. You can't even get a decent height estimate from the former, the latter is what you use for height comparisons.

By the way Steve Smith was measured 6'6 1/2" at the 1991 pre-draft camp NOT almost 6'8", Mitch Richmond measured 6'4" at the 1988 Olympics NOT almost 6'5".

Thanks for the picture though, that proved Chuck is about 6'6".
    He'll still disagree. Saying something like Barkley was wearing 26137 socks.

NBA rookie of the year

Did you know Sir Charles once suggested Barkley wore shoe lifts? You know the wedges that smaller actors 5'7" or 5'8" like Tom Cruise and Mel Gibson put in their shoes?

I almost fell out of my chair laughing, why would Barkley wear shoe lifts if he never trys to make himself seem taller? NO basketball player would have any reason to wear shoe lifts.

The I posted pictures where Barkley was barefoot and towered over Kenny Smith who is listed at 6-3. Smith isn't under 6-1 and Barkley had 5 inches on him. In fact here are the pictures for Sir Charles to view again.

Sir Charles didn't respond to that picture last time.

I love how he posted a picture of Barkley the same height as 6'6" Penny Hardaway to try to back up his argument.

Did you know Sir Charles once suggested Barkley wore shoe lifts? You know the wedges that smaller actors 5'7" or 5'8" like Tom Cruise and Mel Gibson put in their shoes?

I almost fell out of my chair laughing, why would Barkley wear shoe lifts if he never trys to make himself seem taller? NO basketball player would have any reason to wear shoe lifts.

The I posted pictures where Barkley was barefoot and towered over Kenny Smith who is listed at 6-3. Smith isn't under 6-1 and Barkley had 5 inches on him. In fact here are the pictures for Sir Charles to view again.

Sir Charles didn't respond to that picture last time.

I love how he posted a picture of Barkley the same height as 6'6" Penny Hardaway to try to back up his argument.

OWNED right there

[B]Not even Close and You Know It. Make the Line at a 180