Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-16-2007, 02:14 PM   #31
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: OT: Windows Vista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie2k6
@ RidonKs: That's a prettt good computer.
@ Cannonball: What's wrong with buying a Mac?

Over priced no deals.... Can get linux for free and dual boot.

Mainly you just pay waaaay to much for what you get. Like I said you would have to pay at least 2000 to get a mac with the power of th 600 dollar hp I listed.
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 02:15 PM   #32
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
Haha, not at all. What I meant by less than legal is probably pretty far off from what you consider less than legal.
What are you planning. pm
Old 08-16-2007, 02:17 PM   #33
Black Durant Jam
I hit open 5-footers

Black Durant Jam has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball
Over priced no deals.... Can get linux for free and dual boot.

Mainly you just pay waaaay to much for what you get. Like I said you would have to pay at least 2000 to get a mac with the power of th 600 dollar hp I listed.
You realize there's more to computers than power right? Especially in laptops, where quality and size (or lack there-of) are important considerations.
Black Durant Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 02:20 PM   #34
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think you guys have me all wrong here.

I'm not going to be doing anything close to actual 'illegal' activities. By illegal, I meant simple things like downloading software that you're supposed to buy and using P2P programs. Same things all of you guys do as well.

I had just heard that Vista didn't do those sort of things well. Not sure if what I heard was right or wrong, that's why I'm asking you guys.

And my price range is pretty inexpensive. As much so as possible, being a student and all.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 02:31 PM   #35
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

Rid where are you going to university? I think we went over this before, but I can't remember. Are you staying at one of Atlantic Canada's fine institutions, are are you headed elsewhere?
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 02:44 PM   #36
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Quote:
I think you guys have me all wrong here.

I'm not going to be doing anything close to actual 'illegal' activities. By illegal, I meant simple things like downloading software that you're supposed to buy and using P2P programs. Same things all of you guys do as well.

I had just heard that Vista didn't do those sort of things well. Not sure if what I heard was right or wrong, that's why I'm asking you guys.

And my price range is pretty inexpensive. As much so as possible, being a student and all.
Did you check that laptop out. 600 bucks. For that is an amazing deal.

I think its only 5 pounds.
Old 08-16-2007, 02:48 PM   #37
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwajo
Rid where are you going to university? I think we went over this before, but I can't remember. Are you staying at one of Atlantic Canada's fine institutions, are are you headed elsewhere?
Elsewhere. Carleton.

I debated Memorial and SMU, but decided against it in the end. I really didn't put as much thought into the whole University selection process as I probably should've, but I like the choice. Sort of. Memorial's so cheap, so I was leaning towards it, but... eh. I've got some cousins in Ottawa and it's where my dad grew up (he went to Carleton too), so there were a few smaller things that made me choose there. Throw in the Men's basketball program too (even though I don't have a chance in hell of making it).
Old 08-16-2007, 02:52 PM   #38
RidonKs
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball
Did you check that laptop out. 600 bucks. For that is an amazing deal.

I think its only 5 pounds.
I was checking it out, doesn't look like they deliver to Canada. I may be wrong though.
Old 08-16-2007, 02:59 PM   #39
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Elsewhere. Carleton.

I debated Memorial and SMU, but decided against it in the end. I really didn't put as much thought into the whole University selection process as I probably should've, but I like the choice. Sort of. Memorial's so cheap, so I was leaning towards it, but... eh. I've got some cousins in Ottawa and it's where my dad grew up (he went to Carleton too), so there were a few smaller things that made me choose there. Throw in the Men's basketball program too (even though I don't have a chance in hell of making it).
Damn too bad, I'm headed to Memorial this fall for my Masters, we could have played ball together! Plus I'm doing some teaching there, you could have been in one of my classes and I would have hooked you up with a special ISH Insider bonus on your final grade (then again, I could see myself on here the night before I know you have an assignment due and bugging you about getting back to work lol).

You're right though, Carleton is a good school, I know some people attending Grad school there and they have been enjoying it quite a bit. Plus if you have fimaly there, that's always a great incentive.

I must also salute you for not choosing to attend SMU, you couldn't pay me to go there.
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 03:17 PM   #40
imlmf
Banned

imlmf has decent reputationimlmf has decent reputation

i switched back to xp
vista sucks
imlmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 03:24 PM   #41
RidonKs
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwajo
Damn too bad, I'm headed to Memorial this fall for my Masters, we could have played ball together! Plus I'm doing some teaching there, you could have been in one of my classes and I would have hooked you up with a special ISH Insider bonus on your final grade (then again, I could see myself on here the night before I know you have an assignment due and bugging you about getting back to work lol).

You're right though, Carleton is a good school, I know some people attending Grad school there and they have been enjoying it quite a bit. Plus if you have fimaly there, that's always a great incentive.

I must also salute you for not choosing to attend SMU, you couldn't pay me to go there.
Ha! Would've been sweet. I can see it now, you busting into my dorm in a frenzy, yelling that I should be on ISH, and to throw away whatever paper I was trying to finish.

I didn't get a scholarship to Memorial for whatever reason. Had an 81% average, maybe they're a little more stingy with there money than other schools.

And what's the deal with SMU? I was leaning more towards there than Dal, just because I'd be going into commerce, and I heard it's largely the same type of program as Dal, but with smaller classes and I think it's a little cheaper.
Old 08-16-2007, 03:35 PM   #42
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Sis got one at Staples:

$999.99 HP laptop, 15.4" screen, 2 gb ram, wireless and all that shtuff $150.00 off down to $849.99, and you get a free HP printer with it. With warranties for the printer and laptop it was about $1150. Without, its be under 1 thousand.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 03:51 PM   #43
playstation
I brick open layups

playstation has an OK reputation so far

if the screen is over 14'', its not even a laptop. why even bother at that point? just go buy a desktop. i don't carry bricks around all day, i got sh** to do...

you want something small, new, works great, and has great value, go grab the macbook.
playstation is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: