Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-19-2007, 01:20 AM   #1
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

Default Mike Krzyzewski continues to be a complete IDIOT

I've officially stopped referring to him as "Coach K", since it's pretty clear this idiot does not know what the f&ck he is doing. Let's go through this one by one.

Not only does Mike decide not to implement any form of cohesive offense, but he made some of the worst possible coaching decisions I have every seen. Things such as starting a lineup of Hinrich/Johnson/Wade/Anthony/James against Greece, refusing to properly utilize his post players, continuing to play small ball as Greece f&cking killed us on the exact same pick and roll play 11 times in a row, playing Lebron in the post, not realizing the limitations of these NBA players that he so clearly is enamored by....I could go on and on, but now, let's come back to the present day:

The thing that truly pisses me off is that Mike hasn't learned squat from his mistakes. THAT'S what shows this guys true colors. A f&cking college coach living out his wet dream of watching Kobe and Lebron. Let's not forget that after watching his "defense" fall completely apart last year, nobody bothered to schedule additional training camp time (ironically, we have even less practice time than last year). Let's analyze something that happened during practice against the USA Select Team today:

Quote:
LAS VEGAS (AP) -- It's a good thing Team USA wasn't playing Brazil or Argentina on Saturday.

The Americans had trouble shooting against zone defenses in splitting a four-quarter scrimmage with the U.S. select team, comprised of younger NBA players. The senior team won the first and second quarters and lost the third and fourth, the last in overtime.
ADVERTISEMENT

"We're not shooting real well," coach Mike Krzyzewski said.

Indeed, the Americans' inconsistent long-range shooting, a problem in last year's world championships, cropped up again. Kobe Bryant and Carmelo Anthony each missed 3-pointers in the final 10 seconds of overtime.

Though it was only a scrimmage in a high school gym, the shooting woes brought back memories of last summer's world championships in Japan. The U.S. shot 32 percent from beyond the arc in losing to Greece in the semifinals -- a defeat that forced them to play in the FIBA Americas qualifying tournament this summer.

But Krzyzewski warned against reading too much into Team USA's struggles four days before it opens the FIBA Americas. The U.S. needs to reach the finals to qualify for the 2008 Olympics.

"I don't think you make anything of any one thing," Krzyzewski said. "It's all a process.

Idiot. With only 4 f&cking days left in your "training" camp before the tournament, this IS something you must seriously read into. My God. Not only is this moron again falling into the trap of relying on his superstars for absolutely f&cking everything (Wade/James/Anthony in 2006 and Bryant/James/Anthony in 2007), but it's rather clear that this idiotic move of scheduling even less training camp time is coming back to bite him in the ass. But oh wait, we've known this little fact since the year 2000, but seven years later, still nothing has been done about it.

Quote:
"The main thing is, we're playing really good defense. We have really good players. And we're going to use those first few games in the tournament to develop a rotation."

Idiot. You have "really good defense" and "really good players?" Mike, you sound like an overrated college coach blinded by the hype of NBA superstars....Ironically, this is the same f&cking thing you said last year.

Second of all, using the "first few games" of the tournament to develop a rotation again highlights your complete ineptness at coaching. Does this guy even know the damn schedule?! Your 4th f&cking game is against Brazil, and if you JUST developed your rotation after the 3rd game, well good luck getting a solid win. God damn, this rotation should have been more or less set before the tournament, and it would have helped if Mike listens to more knowledgable people concerning this, which brings me to my next point:

Quote:
On Saturday, the senior team started Bryant, Anthony, LeBron James, Amare Stoudemire and Jason Kidd. But Krzyzewski said that wouldn't necessarily be his starting five in the upcoming tournament.

"I think the three guys you could say would start every game would be Carmelo, Kobe and LeBron," Krzyzewski said. "And then we would look at other people. The main thing is just so they can develop a feel of playing with one another."

Idiot. Worst nightmare realized. I think it's already been unanimously realized among more intelligent FIBA basketball viewers that starting Carmelo, Kobe, AND Lebron is not good. Not only is that lineup exceptionally small and redundant, but could get killed on defense by a large team like Brazil. Maybe Mike should take his balls out of his purse and put Lebron as the 6th man, where he f&cking belongs.

And in addition, "and then we would look at other people" is just a classic Mike move, relegating your winningest point guard (Kidd) as a mere "roleplayers" meant to complement Kobe/Melo/James. And more so, simply switching the lineups constantly around these three superstars (like the "wave" tactic last year) is absolute terrible, considering it never f&cking allows you to develop a defensive/offensive chemistry.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html

^^^^
So this completes my little rant for tonight. In any case, Mike's coaching decisions and attitudes leave a whole lot to be desired. When the Olympics finally roll around, the stakes become even higher and these types of decisions will once again do us in. And given that this is the second straight year of making such glaring mistakes, I am rather pessimistic about Mike's ability to understand what the hell he, and USA Basketball, continue to do wrong.

Overall, I don't think USA should have "too" much trouble winning gold in the Olympic Qualifiers, but only because so many things have worked out to our advantage. Things such as the overall lower level of competition, Argentina sending a very young "B-Team" (albeit still highly dangerous), and Brazil's inconsistency (albeit their exceptionally strong frontline) should help us. So let's clear one thing up, yes, I still think USA "should" win gold during the 2007 Olympic Qualifying tournament.

PS: Mike, Cornell University is going to beat your p&ssy assed overrated squad when we come down to Cameron in January

Last edited by AppleNader : 08-19-2007 at 01:55 AM.
AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 01:28 AM   #2
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: Mike Krzyzewski continues to be a complete IDIOT

You know, I don't normally read long rants, but this one was a gem to me.... very enjoyable! Well done!

Perhaps you should clean it up a bit and send it in as a reader's comment?

People were critical of the coaching last year, but I guess they have already forgotten.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 01:35 AM   #3
sick_brah07
National High School Star

i know ey usualy i dont read the whole damn thing but this was very interesting to read u bring up so good points dude
sick_brah07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 01:35 AM   #4
statman32
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
You know, I don't normally read long rants, but this one was a gem to me.... very enjoyable! Well done!

Agreed. Since I don't know anything about USA basketball it was a great piece. Plus anybody that hates on Mike K is a friend to me.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 01:38 AM   #5
LiL Stevie
Local High School Star

USA Basketball bout to be embarrassed again
LiL Stevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 02:02 AM   #6
3stat2
Local High School Star

He should take some hints from the way Spain played in the 2006 FIBA championships. Here's a youtube video of the final Spain vs Greece game, where Gasol sat out with a broken foot: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zCrwnb8XwU

The main thing I noticed was the level of intensity and teamwork these guys played with. Plenty of ball movement, smart passes, smart shots, swarming team defense, and the presence of mind to not force the issue. They were adept at working against zone defenses. There were many instances where players would go from a heavily-contested spot inside the paint all the way back out to the 3 point line to set up their offense again, rather than force things and take a very difficult shot.

Now obviously they weren't perfect in all the things I mentioned, but they did it a heck of a lot better than Team USA.
3stat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 02:18 AM   #7
allball

dude. get laid...
allball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 02:44 AM   #8
BradMiller52
Kings fan

Yeah coach K is an idiot. I wish LeBron wasn't even on the team, yeah he's a great NBA player but he doesn't play well in the international game at all. And at PF? What the hell? He doesn't rebound like a PF, he's not strong enough to be a PF, and he's a bit short for a PF, AND he's never played in the international triangular paint area before in his life(besides last summer), so what does coach K do? He says "Bron, you are our new PF!!!!"

What an IDIOT.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 02:54 AM   #9
kumquat
College superstar

Coach K

kumquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 03:33 AM   #10
Lebron23
2nd Greatest Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumquat
Coach K

funny stuff my favorite movie of the past 10 years.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 03:44 AM   #11
Wo1fshadow
Not airballing my layups anymore

USA basketball needs a complete overhaul to win well...anything.

btw, nice rant
Wo1fshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 04:12 AM   #12
Darsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumquat
Coach K

haha, i seem to recall making this same post during last years FIBA games, always makes me laugh.
Darsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 04:52 AM   #13
Alan
High School Starter

Did I sense some hidden LeBron hating in the original post? Yes?
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 04:55 AM   #14
Sharas
Good college starter

it's a fact that lebron's game is ill-suited for international play. and especially if he's playing position that he never played in his life except for world championships.
Sharas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 05:07 AM   #15
Darsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
Did I sense some hidden LeBron hating in the original post? Yes?

No. He just triggered your "the truth hurts" sense. Honestly, im so sick of people getting defensive when someone says lebron is a poor player in the international game. Watch a game and take off your h-mer goggles.
Darsh is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: