Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-16-2007, 04:44 PM   #1
qwerty
(o_0)

qwerty has decent reputationqwerty has decent reputation
Default Bill O'Reilly Doesn't Want Nas To Perform At V-Tech

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwDV1z6hqLs

Dude is as ignorant as they come.

Oh yeah, also watch this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnhUYWbW3jQ

Cam'Ron vs. Bill O'Reilly

Trust me, it's worth 20 minutes of your day, especially the second one.
qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 04:57 PM   #2
NIGHTMARE
Banned

NIGHTMARE has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Bill O'Reilly Doesn't Want Nas To Perform At V-Tech

O yeah I watched that before I went to sleep...O'Reilly isnt the only one who doesn't want Nas to perform...Some of the students said it also...
NIGHTMARE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 05:06 PM   #3
Agent_Zero
Great college starter

Agent_Zero is considered somewhat coolAgent_Zero is considered somewhat cool

Fox news is garbage and so is O'Reilly.
Agent_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 05:06 PM   #4
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!

Doomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation here

I really hate saying this... And I can't believe I'm about to.

Oh man,... this is hard to say.

I actually don't think Nas is a good choice for the VA Tech tragedy.

This kinda tragedy needs someone like ...........??? just not Nas okay.

It just doesn't feel right.
Doomsday Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 05:36 PM   #5
qwerty
(o_0)

qwerty has decent reputationqwerty has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomsday Dallas
I really hate saying this... And I can't believe I'm about to.

Oh man,... this is hard to say.

I actually don't think Nas is a good choice for the VA Tech tragedy.

This kinda tragedy needs someone like ...........??? just not Nas okay.

It just doesn't feel right.

Why not? He has good songs for this situation.. such as Let their be light, I can, and others. but o'reilly is just focusing on the songs like got yourself a gun to point out that Nas is all about killing people. They can't just have two rock bands out their because they won't be reaching out to the people who listen to mostly hip-hop. Nas would be the perfect artist to be their because basically everyone that likes rap respects Nas, even though they might not listen to him regularly.
qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 05:40 PM   #6
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

funkylikemonkey has an OK reputation so far

They really portrayed Nas as a different kind of rapper than he is. Although he's mainstream, he stays true to his roots. He speaks out against violence and really fights social injustice.
funkylikemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 06:05 PM   #7
Take Your Lumps
Ho Ho Ho

Take Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation here

A gangsta rapper named "Naaaaaaaaazzz".

Take Your Lumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 06:07 PM   #8
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnhUYWbW3jQ

Cam'Ron vs. Bill O'Reilly

Trust me, it's worth 20 minutes of your day, especially the second one.

This was so funny... Bill O'Reilly is just an idiot... if these guys start to out argue him, he cuts them off... How sad is that!

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 06:15 PM   #9
Targus™
Good college starter

Targus™ has an OK reputation so far

i dont think it should be nas either lol..
Targus™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 06:26 PM   #10
BradMiller52
Kings fan

BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far

I wish that O'Reilly would just kill himself. He's ignorant as hell and biased too.

BTW why would you guys say Nas isn't right for this? He has a lot of good songs that talk about healing and ish. I doubt he's going to sing any of his "gangster songs" at this thing. They got to have someone out there who can reach the people who listen to hip hop and Nas is a great choice.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 06:29 PM   #11
Targus™
Good college starter

Targus™ has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradMiller52
I wish that O'Reilly would just kill himself. He's ignorant as hell and biased too.

BTW why would you guys say Nas isn't right for this? He has a lot of good songs that talk about healing and ish. I doubt he's going to sing any of his "gangster songs" at this thing. They got to have someone out there who can reach the people who listen to hip hop and Nas is a great choice.
it's just that this almost sounds like a joke, choosing someone who makes gangster songs to come and perform for a tragedy such as VA Tech. now obvioulsy he's not going to be doing any songs like that but it still just doesn't seem right...iono it's just my opinion.
Targus™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 06:35 PM   #12
BradMiller52
Kings fan

BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far

The thing is he ISN'T what you would call a gangsta rapper. If they had chosen The Game or 50 Cent that's one thing but Nas has songs that are good for these people. You don't think there are hip hop fans there? Obviously there are and he is one of the best out there to reach that audience. You guys are acting like he only makes gangsta songs. He doesn't. You want to pick a better artist who can reach the hip hop fans and is well known? Go ahead, I doubt you'll have much succes.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 06:36 PM   #13
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

That really angers me, probably a lot more than this should.

I mean I don't really allow a space in my conscious thought for anything O'Reilly, Limbaugh or any of these people say. Normally.

But this pisses me off.

1. 3 of the 4 artists who will be performing at this concert are white.

2. Nas is not a gangsta rapper.

3. It's not pronounced "NAZ."

4. Nas' music is not as violent as they come. His first album, Illmatic, doesn't even have any references to violence that I can think of. God's son? "I can." "Dance." "Heaven." "Thugz Mansion." "Warrior Song." Hip Hop is Dead is a concept album against what rap has become. its 2 best songs are in the same boat as the God's Son tracks I posted above.

Just what do you think Nas, who volunteered for this concert despite the fact that he will not profit at all form it, is going to play, BILL? Is he going to play the one song in 10 (at most) that is violent in nature, or is he going to play some of the most beautiful rap music ever written, the songs where he considers heaven "Heaven" "Thugz Mansion." Or maybe the many songs where he mourns his dead mother. Or any song, really as almost every one has a tribute to his dead brother on it.

5. The lyrics he found, half of them in songs that were not holistically violent in nature, are almost the only lyrics you can find of Nas' that are violent.

6. "The villian here" is VT's president? Really? Villian? You disagree with a guy who lets an artist play for free at his school because he genuinely wants to, so he's a villian? You think this is the first or last time a black guy will have a concert at VTech? think again

7. I like the use of the word "atrocity." Is that just a little bit of an exaggeration? Atrocity? I can't get over this guy

8. He points out than an editorial in the VT student newspaper doesn't like Nas.... AND? People editorialize all sorts of things. That doesn't mean the entire student body is behind it. And about the editorial itself, it's pretty damn obvious that Nas is not going to sing songs about murder. use common sense. And better yet educate yourself about an artist before you open your mouth about him.

9. Who says the focus isn't on the parents and children? This guy is talking completely out of his ass. Nas is doing this concert for free and he has over a dozen songs that pertain to this exact subject.

10. O'Reilly tries to justify his opinions as anything more than racism and ignorance.

11. Commercial interest? The concert is free you stupid ****.

This guy pisses me off. I'm through.....

Last edited by geeWiz15 : 08-16-2007 at 07:48 PM.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 02:37 AM   #14
kenuffff
Great young streetballer

kenuffff has an OK reputation so far

he just wants to divert attention from nra lobbies against loopholes that allowed ho to buy guns when he was forcibly placed under pyschological evaluation. so an easy one is gangsta rap causes crime, that one is good for drug problems, um poor people, um crime etc. im a gun owner btw, and i see no real solution to gun violence in the US, but loopholes should be tightened.
kenuffff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 02:50 AM   #15
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i agree with wut people in this thread about nas being a gangster rapper and such. but regardless, he still does have his fair share of "gangster rap" songs. hell one of his songs is called "shoot em up". with the va tech being such a delicate situation, i can see why people would be slighty objective of him rapping there.

but beyond that, nas is a great rapper, and people who arent blinded by raps negotive stereotypes, can really see the strong messages he sends through his songs
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: