Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Miami Heat Forum

Miami Heat Forum Miami Heat forum - miami heat message board

Old 04-30-2007, 08:25 PM   #1
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool
Default What's next for the Heat?

I was reading an article today and it was talking about Lamar Odom could be traded back to the Heat? I personally would like to see L.O. play in Miami again. He started to come into his own when he was in Miami. I wish the Heat can bring him back.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 02:20 AM   #2
defendish
I airball my layups

defendish has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: What's next for the Heat?

If Kobe is MJ23 then he needs a PIP33.

KG or Jermaine O'neal should join KB24.
defendish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 08:14 AM   #3
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool

Theirs word that Jermaine O'Neal wants to go to the Lakers cause rumors have been saying J'O and Kobe are real close and plus J'O has a house in L.A. during the offseason.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:40 AM   #4
basketballin
Can barely lace up my sneakers

basketballin has an OK reputation so far

well there is alot of free agents this year maybe go after a few

Aaron McKie
Eddie Griffin
Maurice Williams

Alan Anderson
Eddie House
Michael Doleac

Aleksandar Pavlovic
Eddie Jones
Michael Ruffin

Anderson Varejao
Eduardo Najera
Mickael Pietrus

Andray Blatche
Ersan Ilyasova
Mike Bibby

Andre Barrett
Esteban Batista
Mike Sweetney

Andres Nocioni
Gerald Wallace
Mikki Moore

Antonio McDyess
Grant Hill
Morris Peterson

Antawn Jamison
Howard Eisley
Nick Collison

Austin Croshere
Jacque Vaughn
Orien Greene

Boniface N'Dong
Jake Tsakalidis
Pat Garrity

Boris Diaw
Jalen Rose
Peter John Ramos

Bracey Wright
Jamaal Magloire
PJ Brown

Brandon Bass
Jamal Sampson
PJ Tucker

Brian Cook
James Posey
Pooh Jeter

Charlie Bell
James Singleton
Primoz Brezec

Chauncey Billups
Jarvis Hayes
Raef LaFrentz

Chris Kaman
Jason Kapono
Rashard Lewis

Chris Mihm
Jeff McInnis
Rawle Marshall

Chucky Hayes
Jerry Stackhouse
Reece Gaines

CJ Miles
Joe Smith
Ronald Dupree

Clifford Robinson
John Edwards
Ronnie Price

Corliss Williamson
Josh Howard
Royal Ivey

Dahntay Jones
Josh Powell
Sean Marks

Dale Davis
Justin Williams
Shammond Williams

Daniel Horton
Keith McLeod
Steve Blake

Danny Fortson
Kendrick Perkins
TJ Ford

Darko Milicic
Kevin Burleson
Travis Diener

Darrell Armstrong
Kirk Hinrich
Travis Outlaw

David West
Lawrence Roberts
Uros Slokar

Derek Anderson
Leandro Barbosa
Vince Carter

Desmond Mason
Luke Ridnour
Vitaly Potapenko

Devin Brown
Luke Walton
Zarko Cabarkapa

Dijon Thompson
Maciej Lampe
Zoran Planinic

Dikembe Mutombo
Malik Rose
Dirk Nowitzki

Marc Jackson
Donta Smith
Martynas Andriuskevicius

Dwayne Jones
Matt Bonner
Earl Boykins

Matt Carroll
Eddie Basden
Maurice Taylor
basketballin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 05:53 AM   #5
AtTheDriveIn
04'

AtTheDriveIn has an OK reputation so far

In the offseason, the Heat should focus on making their team A LOT younger, and A LOT better at FT's. They have like 3 regulars under 50% FT made. That's truly pathetic.

Walker must go.
Payton must go.
Alonzo should've retired already.
Williams I would like to see gone, but he isn't a must.
Shaq's contract is bad enough that they have no where to trade him to.
AtTheDriveIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 11:33 AM   #6
basketballin
Can barely lace up my sneakers

basketballin has an OK reputation so far

well with the pg position since steve blake is a free agent why not go after him,i mean he`s a good solid player that can make plays and shots on like williams who can`t even make most of his three pointers these days,hell he even misses layups to, not trying to hate on the guy but its true.

Last edited by basketballin : 05-02-2007 at 11:39 AM.
basketballin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 09:00 PM   #7
idizzle
Good college starter

The options in free agency, especially in a Heat price range that effectively rules out the likes of Chauncey Billups, are limited to second-tier types such as Chucky Atkins, Steve Blake and Smush Parker.

The trade market could present Earl Watson, Luke Ridnour, Sebastian Telfair, Brevin Knight or possibly Dooling, who has the right to opt out of the final year on his Magic contract.

The draft hardly would appear to be Riley's first choice for such a significant position and the options in the Heat's No. 20 range are limited to scoring types such as Texas A&M's Acie Law and Oregon's Aaron Brooks.

The other option would be converting Williams' $8.9 million expiring deal into a veteran point guard with a lengthier contract such as Atlanta's Speedy Claxton, Indiana's Jamaal Tinsley, New York's Stephon Marbury, Philadelphia's Andre Miller, Phoenix's Marcus Banks, Sacramento's Mike Bibby or Minnesota's Mike James or Marko Jaric. Beyond Miller or Bibby, none of those other options appears particularly palatable.

No matter the approach, expect a proactive focus at point guard after the hard lessons learned this past season.

"I thought," Riley said, "I was covered enough."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/b...la-sports-heat

Most of the point guards listed on here are straight except Telfair and Smush Parker.

Telfair has law issues and Parker is a big baby when he doesn't get his way.
Old 05-10-2007, 04:07 PM   #8
Latina Heat
Not a Bandwagon Fan!

Latina Heat is a pretty well-respected posterLatina Heat is a pretty well-respected posterLatina Heat is a pretty well-respected poster

We just need to stop going after old vets. A lot of the older guys see Wade and Shaq and say "hey if i go there maybe i can win a quick championship". We have to stop letting them in and start building our team around a younger group of guys. Like we saw this year injuries are killing us, the younger the better.
Latina Heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 10:48 AM   #9
idizzle
Good college starter

With the 20th pick in the draft who should the Heat pick? I was looking at some mock drafts and it shows the Heat picking the point guard from Georgia Tech. He's been compared to Steve Francis.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:37 AM   #10
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by idizzle
I was reading an article today and it was talking about Lamar Odom could be traded back to the Heat? I personally would like to see L.O. play in Miami again. He started to come into his own when he was in Miami. I wish the Heat can bring him back.

Naw I cannot see the lakers making a deal with the heat once more, and I cant see what the lakers would want that the Heat have... very much an unlikely occurance
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 10:36 PM   #11
idizzle
Good college starter

I think the Heat really have a shot at getting either Steve Blake or Mo Williams.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:56 AM   #12
idizzle
Good college starter

Quote:
I think the Heat really have a shot at getting either Steve Blake or Mo Williams.

I think the Heat are going to land Mo Williams for sure. Mo and DWade are gonna be running circles around cats in the Eastern Conference!
Old 07-09-2007, 10:54 PM   #13
InfiniteBaskets
Decent college freshman

InfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputation

Quote:
I think the Heat are going to land Mo Williams for sure. Mo and DWade are gonna be running circles around cats in the Eastern Conference!

I think Mo will most likely stay in Milwaukee if they up the ante for a contract, especially since the Heat can only offer around 5 to 6 mil. But I don't know what Mo's thinking at this point so there's still a good chance. If he does come by signing, it'll be a huge boost for us.

If we can somehow trade Jason Williams along with a Dorell Wright/Daqueon Cook for Mo, I'd do that as well.
InfiniteBaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 11:08 AM   #14
idizzle
Good college starter

In the event that Miami can't get Mo Williams, the Heat are looking at Steve Blake, Jason Hart, Steve Francis, and Travis Diener from the Magic, also D-Wades former teammate from Marquette who the Magic didn't resign.

Last edited by idizzle : 07-13-2007 at 11:29 AM.
Old 07-16-2007, 09:08 AM   #15
idizzle
Good college starter

Here's an article I found.

http://www.miamiherald.com/594/story/171690.html

Of all the PG's listed on here who do you think the Heat would sign. Steve Francis, Brevin Knight, Jannero Pargo and Smush Parker.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: