Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 06-06-2006, 10:04 PM   #1
A Loyal NJ Fan
High school junior varsity star

A Loyal NJ Fan has decent reputation
Default Nets Draft Thread

Discuss who you want the Nets to pick up in the draft.
A Loyal NJ Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 10:07 PM   #2
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

funkylikemonkey has an OK reputation so far
Default Your draft hopefulls

The Nets have the 22nd, 23rd, and the 54th picks in the 2006 draft. You can post your hopefulls for these picks or post your trade scenarios and who you would like to select if we trade down.

22-Sergio Rodriguez: Although he might now slip this far I think he would be a great backup Point Guard. Planinic isn't cutting it and either is McInnis who most likely won't even return next year. With the right coaching, Sergio can hone his raw skills and become a top pass first Point Guard in the league.

23-Saer Sene: Is horrible on offense right now, but that's ok. Hopefully we can draft him and have him come off the bench right away and do what he's good at, block shots. He can hone his defense later on and hopefuly become an anchor on defense like Jason Collins...maybe be mentored by him.

54-Taj Gray: Although he was recently injured, it's not that bad. He's an athletic Power Foward. May have lack of motiviation, but with a second round pick, won't be that much of a risk. Could be like last year with Chris Taft, getting picked right before our turn.
funkylikemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 10:07 PM   #3
whaley82
High School JV MVP

whaley82 has decent reputation

Well I thought Saer but after soem dicussion Im not sure anymore who I want them to draft. becuase they need someone that can put up minutes right away and Saer might be to raw for that
whaley82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 10:09 PM   #4
whaley82
High School JV MVP

James White might not be bad at the 54 if he drops that far. He could be something like RJ at first someone good at taking it to the hoop and dunking and then the Nets can work on him and give hima shot to.
Old 06-06-2006, 10:09 PM   #5
A Loyal NJ Fan

Default Re:

Saer has been playing basketball only for a couple of years, so I'm not sure what kind of immediate impact he can have. However, he's an absolute freak when it comes to strength and athleticism (for his height).

Last edited by A Loyal NJ Fan : 06-06-2006 at 10:11 PM.
Old 06-06-2006, 10:10 PM   #6
whaley82
High School JV MVP

Yeah and hes 7'0 with a 7'8 wingspan and hes athletic that can do some great blocknig ability and rebounding
Old 06-06-2006, 10:11 PM   #7
A Loyal NJ Fan

Default Re:

I'm hoping Justin Williams falls down to #54. He would definitely be a steal for us.
Old 06-06-2006, 10:12 PM   #8
whaley82
High School JV MVP

yeah he defiently would be a steal but i highly doubt he will
Old 06-06-2006, 10:57 PM   #9
ChuckOakley
NBA lottery pick

ChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this board

We should definitely look to draft a PG with one of our 2 1st rounders. There are too many prospects to pass up.

I'm torn though.....

Douby sounds nice. He's local, he can shoot and score. We haven't had that option at the PG in a while. However I don't know if he is a good defender considering how thin he is. We need a Wade stopper

Rodriguez could be a good, but I don't know of many foreign G's that can come in right away and play, especially defense. Has potential I know and has played well in international ball but I don't know much more.

Rondo may be the safest choice. A tenacious defnender who can run an offense as well. He would be our Wade stopper.

With the second pick I would like a PF but I don't know who will be around. Hilton Armstrong could fall to us, but I am really high on Shawne Williams. He has the the game and the size to play 2-4. With his size and athleticism he could be a dunking machine, and is supposedly a good rebounder and shotblocker. He might be too good to pass up on.

With the 2nd rounder --- who knows. At least this draft seems to be deep (not strong) enough where we could land a nice prosect in round 2. Taking a chance on a foreigner may be the best best. I'm not sure the 2nd rounders chances of making the roster as roster spots should be tight.
ChuckOakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 11:07 PM   #10
A Loyal NJ Fan

Default Re:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckOakley
We should definitely look to draft a PG with one of our 2 1st rounders. There are too many prospects to pass up.

I'm torn though.....

Douby sounds nice. He's local, he can shoot and score. We haven't had that option at the PG in a while. However I don't know if he is a good defender considering how thin he is. We need a Wade stopper

Rodriguez could be a good, but I don't know of many foreign G's that can come in right away and play, especially defense. Has potential I know and has played well in international ball but I don't know much more.

Rondo may be the safest choice. A tenacious defnender who can run an offense as well. He would be our Wade stopper.

With the second pick I would like a PF but I don't know who will be around. Hilton Armstrong could fall to us, but I am really high on Shawne Williams. He has the the game and the size to play 2-4. With his size and athleticism he could be a dunking machine, and is supposedly a good rebounder and shotblocker. He might be too good to pass up on.

With the 2nd rounder --- who knows. At least this draft seems to be deep (not strong) enough where we could land a nice prosect in round 2. Taking a chance on a foreigner may be the best best. I'm not sure the 2nd rounders chances of making the roster as roster spots should be tight.

I highly doubt Sergio will be there at #22. Douby may not be, either. I really like Rondo and Lowry though. Both are very scrappy guards who always play hard. After watching the lack of heart exhibited in the Miami series by a number of players, a player like them would definitely be a great addition.
Old 06-07-2006, 12:03 AM   #11
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

I ain't down with drafting international players.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 05:37 AM   #12
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool

I'm hoping for a big man, and a SG/SF, like James White or Shawne Williams. If they can team him with Wright, and have them both come off the bench with decent production, I'd be happy.

I think Jay Williams is the best option at PG anyway...
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 07:54 AM   #13
whaley82
High School JV MVP

Quote:
I ain't down with drafting international players.

I find the only real problem with the international Bigs are that there not athletic and that they always want to spend a year or 2 over seas playing in Europe and that doesn't let us use them in the NBA.
Old 06-07-2006, 10:00 AM   #14
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
I think Jay Williams is the best option at PG anyway...

That depends on several things:
1. Jay Williams is actually healthy and ready to go for 82 games. We've taken health risks in the past (see McInnis, Deke, Zo, Rogers) and they usually don't turn up in our favor....however, being the softy I am, I believe Jay Williams to be healthy and ready
2. Jay is not looking for a starting position. Teams like Toronto, Boston, etc are pretty much offering a starting spot for Jay, and if he wants that then I think the Nets have no shot as he will definitely not start for them. He might get big minutes playing next to Kidd a la Jacque Vaughn.

Quote:
I find the only real problem with the international Bigs are that there not athletic and that they always want to spend a year or 2 over seas playing in Europe and that doesn't let us use them in the NBA.

Basically, I'm a college nut and I love the NCAA..So I know those players and not the internationals. But I do know that for every Dirk, Darko, AK47, Nenad, Diaw, etc there's a Lampe, Skita, Zoran, Vujacic, and plenty more that I've long forgotten. Is Ilic coming in this year? I'd like to see him play. I don't hate the Euros, but they do train for these draft gigs.

Also, I really like Cedric Simmons of NC State. After I saw him dominate Shelden Williams and Duke, nearly beating them, I know he's going to blow up big. Here's the box score:

http://64.246.64.33/merge/tsnform.as...x?GAMEID=22295

28/9/2/3/7 against the arguably best defending big in the nation. He's got great height (6-10) with a great wing span (7-4). He's barely getting any mention either, though most draft sites have him going lotto...I'm praying he slips to us. If not, then go with whoever.

I do want to see us draft either Kyle Lowry or Dee Brown... Dee's more polished and has better range and defensive ability, but Lowry has the better offensive instincts as far as driving the ball to the basket. Both have heart and are willing to sacrifice everything they have to win so we can't go wrong with either. I've been flipping back and forth on who I want more, and right now I'd probably say Kyle because his penetration could be the key to sparking us off the bench as a scorer. He's very crafty with his drives in taking contact and finishing. In the NCAA tournament last year, he was wrecking eventual champs UNC by beating Felton on the dribble and drawing fouls on Sean May. May even sent him to the ground hard with a hard foul. I mean you could hear the thump echo. Lowry just gets right back up and after the inbounds drives it again.

But then again, Dee Brown plays with so much emotion, and he can fill our much needed help in long range distance. He played his best ball with Deron Williams (a guy many compared to Jason Kidd) when Deron was point and Dee was a 2 gaurd. It allowed Dee to roam free (and nobody in the league can chase this guy, he's fast) and he got open for threes. Think of Jacque Vaughn with a real jump shot. I once saw him sink five 3s from about two feet in from the half court line. He didn't even go on after that, he just walked away like it was routine. Jumpers. Guy's got range. That game, he scored 16 pts, got 7 asts against then ranked #1 Wake Forrest while holding Chris Paul to 10 points.

We can't go wrong with either, and I certainly would prefer these guys over Jordan Farmar.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 08:44 PM   #15
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

funkylikemonkey has an OK reputation so far

Alexander Johnson would be the perfect fit, but rumor has it he'll be going somewhere in the 17-20 range. I think if Boone is still available, which he most likely will be, the Nets aren't going to pass on him with both picks.
funkylikemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: