Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-20-2007, 04:50 PM   #31
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Default Re: nba players (ex. josh childress) going back to school: wise or a waste of time?

No opinion...if someone chooses to go back to school to further thier education, to get enlightened or pursue something they always wanted? Cool. If others choose not to go back or go back at all? Cool. College isnt for everyone and we got a lot of kids in college who go just to go. Some make careers out of it. And in the end they dont get much out of it. Different scenerios, different situations, different mentals. I wont give folks who go back too much props because it makes it look like those who dont go back are stupid. NBA players got guranteed contracts to make millions and are paid before they produce/achieve a thing in thier career. Life is set.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 05:16 PM   #32
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

Default Re: nba players (ex. josh childress) going back to school: wise or a waste of time?

NBA career is less than 1/3 of most players life.

Everyone should educate themselves.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 05:29 PM   #33
ILballa
Hemp Coach

He should be working on his game in the gym, not reading books in the classroom.
ILballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 07:58 PM   #34
SsKSpurs21
National High School Star

better to be in a classroom than at some strip club shooting guns or at a backyard dog fight.
SsKSpurs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 08:12 PM   #35
04mzwach
NBA sixth man of the year

I love the idea of nba players getting their GED or college education. It keeps your mind off all of the bad vibes. Too many pros turn into thugs or become too full of themselves. Knowledge is important in everybody's life, whether you are paid or not.
04mzwach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 08:12 PM   #36
04mzwach
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by SsKSpurs21
better to be in a classroom than at some strip club shooting guns or at a backyard dog fight.
couldn't of said it better
04mzwach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 08:15 PM   #37
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

Some NBA players go back to school because they enjoy learning, others go back simply for their ego. I'm assuming Childress enjoys learning.
White Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 12:52 AM   #38
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

Default redirect the bitterness

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow
Man you stole my words before I even thought them up.
I agree. The value of higher education should rarely be questioned, and its great to see an NBA player breaking the stereotype and going for his education. That's a huge part of the reason why I still respect Shaq as a person despite my Laker fan bitterness towards him, and his often immature attitude.

i am no laker fan, but if i were i would be thankful that shaq brought three championships to my team

bitterness would be aimed towards kobe for not being able to corral his ego enough to keep the team together
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: