Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-17-2007, 10:08 PM   #1
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default sick and tired of it

Disagree with me? That's fine and dandy. It's what makes this board go. However, I am tired of the name calling, rudeness, e-thug behavior. It is ruining this site and making it an unenjoyable place to visit. I can understand why some posters have left. I'm not going to name names, but there are a handful of people that just need to get lost. Either contribute in a postive manner or get out of here. It's like a stupid competition to see who can be the wittiest/loudest/most thuggish-ruggish. Get the garbage outta here! Jeff, clean some house. There are some maniacs that have gotten loose.

Someone will respond with a direct criticism towards me. I already know your game and what you have to say. You can't possibly say anything that hasn't been said already. It's like Eminem says at the end up the battlescene in 8-mile when he hands off the mic and says "here ya go, tell these people something they don't know about me." I have my flaws like anyone else. I probably post some stupid **** and I make mistakes. Don't act like you don't either. Talk to me using a reasonable vocabulary. Any mention of the "retard" word, and you're going straight to the ignore list. I have a life and things to do, arguing with 15-year old kids is a waste of my time.

Just had to get that off my chest...........

Last edited by mlh1981 : 08-17-2007 at 10:11 PM.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 10:11 PM   #2
KINGofTHEcourt
Banned

KINGofTHEcourt has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: sick and tired of it

I'm starting to lose interest in ISH myself due to all the e-thugging. I would just go post on Offtopic, but I was told the police got called because of a joke I pulled there last week. I laughed my ass off though.

I see you mentioned you make mistakes. For some reason, I am apparently not able to pick up sarcasm in any form. Maybe its just me, but I really just don't see it sometimes.

Last edited by KINGofTHEcourt : 08-17-2007 at 10:18 PM.
KINGofTHEcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 10:15 PM   #3
-primetime-

This site is losing it's popularity for the simple fact that it is the off season

I am a member of several message boards and you can not escape name calling...there are young idiots on all of them...

I am guilty of name calling myself but it is all fun and games...I call my friends fags all the time...no big deal

you just have to ignore people sometimes...there are plenty of threads here that have decent topics/discussions
Old 08-17-2007, 10:19 PM   #4
LakerRaider
Great college starter

LakerRaider has an OK reputation so far

You seem like a respectable poster. I appreciate you trying to bring some respectability to this board, but what are you going to do??? It's the offseason, summer vacation for most, and people are going to go crazy. Maybe they're old posters trying to get whatever off their chest and maybe they're acting the way you say they are to get it off their chest before the season starts. I think posters like hollabolla, Lebron23, and a bunch of other posters are funny, it's even funnier how little things get to people.

Take a break from the board for a couple of weeks, let people do what they want until they get out of their system. It's not this bad during the season. A lot of people who've been here for a while know how it works during the offseason which is why a lot of posters are cutting down on their posts or not posting at all.

It's all good man. You're a good poster.
LakerRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 10:20 PM   #5
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
This site is losing it's popularity for the simple fact that it is the off season

I am a member of several message boards and you can not escape name calling...there are young idiots on all of them...

I am guilty of name calling myself but it is all fun and games...I call my friends fags all the time...no big deal

you just have to ignore people sometimes...there are plenty of threads here that have decent topics/discussions

You are an example of someone who I have disagreed with on a few topics, but you aren't an @ss about it. We talk it out and sometimes, you just gotta agree to disagree.

I rarely posted last offseason on ISH, so I didn't really sense the "culture" on here. Yeah, there are bound to be idiots on any site I guess. Just sucks that some of the good posters are leaving b/c of it (like VCDAPTW)
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 10:20 PM   #6
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

I'm saying boycott ish and go to that good nba forum.

Seemed a lot more mature and had sigs/search/faster MORE RELIABLE server/cool layout.

boycott ish and see if jeff doesn't clean this place up after he isn't getting half of his unique hits every day....
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 10:21 PM   #7
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

e-thugging, i like that... and i agree, there are some that just enjoy doing that... they get pleasure in pissing people off rather than having constructive dialog. one poster told me recently that on the "old board" which many like to refer to like a brotherhood, it was much worse.. he used the term "kill or be killed" in defining his participation there. sounds childish to me...

anyway, there are always the forum guidelines: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41232 to ask people to follow...

and of course, there is the report button that you can always click on and report an offensive post that violates forum guidelines.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 10:31 PM   #8
blazerfan22
Retro is in

blazerfan22 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-

I agree with you. It's all fun and games. Sometimes I get fired up as well but that's what makes it fun and interesting. It's humurous. If any of you guys were face to face, I would respect you like any other. It's just how forums are at times.

Most of the time I am serious though about movies, music, and sport topics. So listen when I reap. You might learn something my friends.

No, really it's interesting to hear everyones perspective on these topics because they are from different states, cultures, or even countries. So that's what keeps this forum interesting. Werd.
blazerfan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 10:40 PM   #9
Agent_Zero
Great college starter

Agent_Zero is considered somewhat coolAgent_Zero is considered somewhat cool

People are going to be stupid. This is a known fact. It seems like it has elevated though. All I can say is you gotta live with it. and it's not just message boards either. people are going to be idiots in real life as well. they're everywhere.
Agent_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 10:48 PM   #10
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

brantonli has an incredible reputation herebrantonli has an incredible reputation herebrantonli has an incredible reputation herebrantonli has an incredible reputation herebrantonli has an incredible reputation herebrantonli has an incredible reputation herebrantonli has an incredible reputation herebrantonli has an incredible reputation here

E-Thugging is plain stupid, especially on the internet. I undestand name-calling, but I've never actually done it myself because it would be rude and insenstive, and such things could carry much louder on an internet message board. But relax, the offseason brings out the boredom and stupidity of lots of posters, and once the season begins then the real bball discussion sparks up.
brantonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 10:49 PM   #11
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

lol lilrich
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 10:55 PM   #12
Dodonpa
Great young streetballer

Dodonpa has an OK reputation so far

nah that's the fun of this board.
the freedom of it is what's most attractive to me.
no mods. freedom of speech.

you want a serious basketball talk board, there are plenty. I like this freedom here.
Dodonpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 11:02 PM   #13
FashionIssues
Smooth Operator

FashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodonpa
nah that's the fun of this board.
the freedom of it is what's most attractive to me.
no mods. freedom of speech.

you want a serious basketball talk board, there are plenty. I like this freedom here.
(let's test this claim)
you are the culprit really...
FashionIssues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 11:07 PM   #14
Wo1fshadow
I brick open layups

Wo1fshadow has an OK reputation so far

Those people will always be there, the world isn't all nice people.
Wo1fshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 11:08 PM   #15
HollaBolla
Banned

HollaBolla has an OK reputation so far

There comes a time
When we heed a certain call
When ISH must come together as one
There are people posting
And it's time to lend a hand to life
The greatest gift of all