Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-18-2007, 02:51 AM   #1
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat cool
Default where's your hot spot?

any place outside the paint... where do you hit best? i'll get around 8 out of 10 just behind the FT line... i would dribble and bring the ball up at high speed and take 2 steps for momentum and pull up for a J... pretty effective... how bout yours?
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 03:06 AM   #2
hwliuLAP
Local High School Star

hwliuLAP is a pretty well-respected posterhwliuLAP is a pretty well-respected posterhwliuLAP is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: where's your hot spot?

same thing, right behind the FT line, I like getting the pick and pop whenever we check the ball, or I like to be on the end of the baseline, I can shoot pretty well when I'm open, or I just dribble toward the middle to do a fake and pop.

Sometimes I try to not fall in love with jumpers tho, so I usually just slash and pass and hope that the open J would fall.
hwliuLAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 03:07 AM   #3
hippos
Banned

hippos has decent reputation

girls hot sport is the ******. so hot ya ghota liet your difgck hyvbenate in that ****.
hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 03:09 AM   #4
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

MY hot spot is the middle of a lane as a SF i love driving into the lane so that i can get contact after my shoot went in. I am not a very good 3 Pts. Shooter but i am decent jump shooter hitting those corner jumpshoots.

Last edited by Lebron23 : 08-18-2007 at 03:51 AM.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 04:43 AM   #5
Wo1fshadow
I brick open layups

Wo1fshadow has an OK reputation so far

about 45 degrees to the rim, the closer the better.
Wo1fshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 07:06 AM   #6
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat cool

im pretty good at around 16ft from the basket too... normally on the sides where i can bank it in... is going off the glass more effective than aiming for net?
Old 08-18-2007, 07:22 AM   #7
AtTheDriveIn
04'

AtTheDriveIn has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally_world
im pretty good at around 16ft from the basket too... normally on the sides where i can bank it in... is going off the glass more effective than aiming for net?

Depends where you are.

When you're inside, it definitely is. Outside though, it has the same effect either way you go. I prefer to shoot at the hoop instead of banking it, but sometimes it's just simpler to go for a bank.
AtTheDriveIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 07:42 AM   #8
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Anywhere behind the three point line. Wang 4 three all day.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 08:14 AM   #9
gb8
Extra Cheese

gb8 has an OK reputation so far

The bank shot ala duncan and the baseline fadeaways. Was practicing my 35 footers yesterday 3 of 10 so that shall be the next hot spot.lol.
gb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 08:28 AM   #10
wally_world
M0derator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gb8
The bank shot ala duncan and the baseline fadeaways. Was practicing my 35 footers yesterday 3 of 10 so that shall be the next hot spot.lol.

where is 35 feet?

i'm pretty good from half-court... i use something like Marion's shooting style for a burst of strength... i can make 2 out of 10 but mostly will bounce out the rim... won't really miss that far... i think that's cool...
Old 08-18-2007, 08:30 AM   #11
wally_world
M0derator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
Anywhere behind the three point line. Wang 4 three all day.

for real? how many can you make? i normally go 5 to 6 from trey... decent from where i come from...
Old 08-18-2007, 09:01 AM   #12
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

brantonli has an incredible reputation herebrantonli has an incredible reputation herebrantonli has an incredible reputation herebrantonli has an incredible reputation herebrantonli has an incredible reputation herebrantonli has an incredible reputation herebrantonli has an incredible reputation herebrantonli has an incredible reputation here

I don't know why, but when I'm against superior competition, I always seem to make that little running floater in the middle of the lane (I once hit 4-4 within five minutes in a pickup game once with that), even I couldn't believe they all went it becuase, well, they usually don't. However, when I've got sufficient size, I try to go for the easiest shot, which would be right next to the basket.
brantonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 10:51 AM   #13
gb8
Extra Cheese

Quote:
where is 35 feet?

i'm pretty good from half-court... i use something like Marion's shooting style for a burst of strength... i can make 2 out of 10 but mostly will bounce out the rim... won't really miss that far... i think that's cool...

Its like 3 steps inside the half court line I think. Like the kinda range you see guys like t mac kobe and gilbert just comfprtably shooting from.
Old 08-18-2007, 11:03 AM   #14
wally_world
M0derator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gb8
Its like 3 steps inside the half court line I think. Like the kinda range you see guys like t mac kobe and gilbert just comfprtably shooting from.

wow... 3 out of 10 is pretty sick... from where i come from the court is kinda smaller than the NBA court... so my half court is more like 2/5 court?
Old 08-18-2007, 12:03 PM   #15
gb8
Extra Cheese

Quote:
wow... 3 out of 10 is pretty sick... from where i come from the court is kinda smaller than the NBA court... so my half court is more like 2/5 court?

Thats the best I hit most are clanking to the right for some reason. Tried shooting a few in a scrimmage game hit like one in a whole 3 hour session so its hardly a percentage shot.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: