Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-18-2007, 12:29 PM   #16
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: where's your hot spot?

top of the 3 point line.......coming off that screen, I just load up and fire away. I am notorius for my rainbow shots. Oftentimes, I have horrible form with this particular shot, but I somehow just get in this zone from that spot where I can't miss at times.

Overall, I shoot much better with momentum. Stand still 3-pointers don't seem to go down very often for me
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 01:17 PM   #17
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Base-line about 15 feet out or about 45 degrees on the the three ( I believe that's tha farthest spot on the three pooint line).
hateraid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 01:20 PM   #18
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Anywhere between 10-15 ft, any further and I become very streaky.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 01:23 PM   #19
Kings_Alex
Sugar K

Kings_Alex has an OK reputation so far

run, stop and pop after a screen at the left wing, just inside the 3 pt line. it's usually the left side of the court.
Kings_Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 01:25 PM   #20
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid
Base-line about 15 feet out or about 45 degrees on the the three ( I believe that's tha farthest spot on the three pooint line).

yeah i could do baseline too... and i have a friend who shoots baseline from just outside the paint! over the backboard and striaght through the net... he'll do about 8 out of 10... classic...

i used to be able to shoot FTs backwards... i will face the other court and shoot underhanded... used to make those 50% of the time! cool eh?!
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 01:33 PM   #21
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings_Alex
just inside the 3 pt line.

Me too, sadly.
Anywhere just inside the threepoint line.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 01:42 PM   #22
DatZNasty
NBA rookie of the year

DatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat cool

wet!
DatZNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 01:42 PM   #23
LBJ 4 MVP
Sit yo ass down!

LBJ 4 MVP is a pretty well-respected posterLBJ 4 MVP is a pretty well-respected posterLBJ 4 MVP is a pretty well-respected poster

left and right wing three's , i can hit 7 to 8/10 from there when im wide open, in games im the point guard, so if i do shot its usually from the top of the key, which isnt a good spot for me for some reason.
LBJ 4 MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 02:08 PM   #24
otmtheshank
Good High School Starter

otmtheshank has an OK reputation so far

About 2 or 3 feet behind the free throw line, no more than a 30 degree angle either way.
otmtheshank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 02:15 PM   #25
Agent_Zero
Great college starter

Agent_Zero is considered somewhat coolAgent_Zero is considered somewhat cool

I've got a rip hamilton type of game. Lot of screens and mid range shots.
Agent_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 02:46 PM   #26
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

top of the key 3 pointers are my favorite shots, even out to like 5 feet behind the hs line. i have good range.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 03:24 PM   #27
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

In all seriousness: Centre court. In high school I shot a legitimate 50% from centre court (and I'm not talking 1 out of 2, I mean I took over 150 and hit 50% of them). Oddly I wasn't a great free throw shooter, so my percentages were pretty much equal. I never did it in a real game, but sometimes in scrimmages, if we called fouls, I'd elect to take my FTs from centre court just to seem like an ass.
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 03:55 PM   #28
BradMiller52
Kings fan

BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid

Yeah I'm a pretty good shooter from there too, but my game isn't really shooting. I'm better at slashing to the basket at getting a lay up or an assist.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 05:02 PM   #29
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

RecSpecs110 is considered somewhat coolRecSpecs110 is considered somewhat cool

Corner 3 point line and the elbows.
RecSpecs110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 05:02 PM   #30
Targus™
Good college starter

Targus™ has an OK reputation so far