Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-18-2007, 01:07 PM   #16
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation
Default Re: I'm now 100 % sure that the Miami Dallas series was rigged.

Mav fans need to give it up. The officiating was subpar but the Mavs lost it on their own.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 01:09 PM   #17
DatZNasty
NBA rookie of the year

DatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat cool

I don't know. As much as I rip him about choking, I did see Dirk hit what should have been the game winner in game 5 (giving the Mavs potentially a 3-2 lead) over Shaquille O'Neal with 9 seconds left, before the 9 worse seconds of basketball officiating ensued.
DatZNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 01:10 PM   #18
FabCasablancas
Banned

FabCasablancas has decent reputation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSV-pWSPnqU
FabCasablancas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 01:12 PM   #19
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Conspiracy theories abound...

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 01:14 PM   #20
Dodonpa
Great young streetballer

Dodonpa has an OK reputation so far

OP and supporters = mavs fan who still can't get over it

dirk choked. period. for the last 2 years too.
Dodonpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 01:19 PM   #21
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabCasablancas

pretty deep... but i feel for the Mavs... i'll be p!ssed off too...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 01:23 PM   #22
EricForman
Good college starter

EricForman has decent reputationEricForman has decent reputation

i like how the "Dirk choked" sides doesn't even try to debunk my defense of Dirk and just continue saying "naw Dirk choked".

I'd like to know how Dirk choked when he dropped 29 and 15 in game 6, 30 and 7 in game 3, and traded buckets with Wade in the final minute of game 5 and hit a fadeawy over Shaq with 9s econds to go to give the Mavs the lead.

Three of the four Heat victories were decided by 1, 3, and 2 points. And these are games where Wade shot plenty of free throws in the 4th quarter. Now I'm not gonna go as far as the Mavs fans and say Wade was handed every free throw, but he was getting some ticky tack call. And Wade did play amazing... that was the most "Jordan-like take over" I've seen since, Jordan.

But really, you people need to look at the facts and look at the event in perspective, instead of jumping on the bandwagon and ripping Dirk jsut cause it's fun to do (I gotta admit, the annoying ass Mavs fans on ISH made me root against the Mavs too in the finals and this year against GS)

But instead of just dismissing us as "Mavs fans crying" (I'm not a Dirk fan, and Poetism islike the biggest Duncan homer alive, so he aint a Dirk fan), why not try to debunk my defense of Dirk if you want to conclude that Dirk choked. Instead of one line replies "naw.. dirk choked"??

Last edited by EricForman : 08-18-2007 at 01:28 PM.
EricForman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 01:25 PM   #23
Da KO King

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Most people feel Dirk choked cause he team had a 2-0 lead and then lost four straight.

It's unfair and short-sighted but... it is what it is.
Old 08-18-2007, 01:27 PM   #24
FabCasablancas
Banned

FabCasablancas has decent reputation

Great post, Eric.. Though Wade was handed every freethrow compared to Dirk.. the Mavs defenders had to run away form Wade to keep from fouling him and still got called for fouls.. while the Heat players were running INTO Dirk and Dirk got no calls..
FabCasablancas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 01:27 PM   #25
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricForman
i like how the "Dirk choked" sides doesn't even try to debunk my defense of Dirk and just continue saying "naw Dirk choked".

i would really like to see someone try to answer why Dirk gets that rep when he has had more playoffs success than just about every other #1 guy in the league except for Duncan and Shaq. And that the Heat were a stacked team in 06 and were the favorites to win the East before the season started.

I'd also like to know how Dirk choked when he dropped 29 and 15 in game 6, 30 and 7 in game 3, and traded buckets with Wade in the final minute of game 5 and hit a fadeawy over Shaq with 9s econds to go to give the Mavs the lead.

Three of the four Heat victories were decided by 1, 3, and 2 points.

Now I'm not gonna go as far as the Mavs fans and say Wade was handed every free throw, but he was getting some ticky tack call.

Really, Id on't know how people keep saying Dirk choked the finals away... people are freaking mindless morons that just go with like the bandwagon or something.

And I don't know how the same guys make excuses and defend KG, Iverson, Tmac to the death for their repeated playoff failures. If this has nothing to do with one guy being a goofy looking White guy and the other three being "cool", I'd be a little surprised.

And really, I'm not a Mavs/Dirk fan, hell I led the pack in the "hell no Dirk is on Duncan level" debate back in 2006 and Poetism is a Duncan homer on the biggest level, so I doubt he's a "mavs fan" too. You people continue to ignore the facts and say the same thing over and over "Dirk choked... you Mavs fans stop crying, etc, etc".

Dude, you might want to learn to write a bit more concisely... you are losing the majority of your audience with these long rants...

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 01:29 PM   #26
DatZNasty
NBA rookie of the year

DatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat cool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y8nI1PPYOk

defend that call please, anyone. notice also the time and score
Old 08-18-2007, 01:32 PM   #27
Da KO King

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatZNasty
defend that call please, anyone. notice also the time and score
Dirk reached.

I wouldn't have called it in that spot cause Dirk didn't stop Dwyane Wade's progress as much as Wade was selling the reach. However, Dirk did in fact reach.
Old 08-18-2007, 01:33 PM   #28
mavsfan4zindagi
Decent college freshman

mavsfan4zindagi has an OK reputation so far

Mavs got a bunch of questionable calls go their way against SA that more then likely helped them win that series. So we can't really complain that much about the horrible officiating that ensued in the Finals.
mavsfan4zindagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 01:34 PM   #29
DatZNasty
NBA rookie of the year

before or after getting elbowed in the chest?
Old 08-18-2007, 01:34 PM   #30
EricForman
Good college starter

EricForman has decent reputationEricForman has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
Dude, you might want to learn to write a bit more concisely... you are losing the majority of your audience with these long rants...

Actually, you're right. After I posted I realized that was too long and I edited it.

But still, the fact remains all the "Dirk choked" side just repeat that same one line over and over and failed to debunk any of my points in the first page. And I will take that as "they can't answer it because they know it's right yet they continue to act ignorant because the "rag on Dirk' bandwagon is fun".

And please, don't dismiss me as just "a mavs fans crying"... I was definitely rooting for Miami and GS the last two playoffs. I just gotta point out the double standard by posters on ISH (bash Dirk for choking, then defend Iverson and KG to the death and make it seem like they've played with high school D 2 players their entire careers)

Last edited by EricForman : 08-18-2007 at 01:42 PM.
EricForman is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: