Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-18-2007, 01:35 PM   #31
mavsfan4zindagi
Decent college freshman

mavsfan4zindagi has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: I'm now 100 % sure that the Miami Dallas series was rigged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
Dirk reached.

I wouldn't have called it in that spot cause Dirk didn't stop Dwyane Wade's progress as much as Wade was selling the reach. However, Dirk did in fact reach.

No he didn't. Wade sent a forearm to Dirk's chest and Dirk got called for the foul.

Sad part is despite every single questionable call throughout the series, Mavs STILL had a chance to win every game. But they blew each one.
mavsfan4zindagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 01:36 PM   #32
EricForman
Good college starter

EricForman has decent reputationEricForman has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan4zindagi
Mavs got a bunch of questionable calls go their way against SA that more then likely helped them win that series. So we can't really complain that much about the horrible officiating that ensued in the Finals.

Wow. A Mav fan saying that.. THANK YOU.

That's another thing I wanna address... Mavs fans *****ing about the officiating... you guys got as much BS calls in the Spurs series. I still can't believe Duncan got his sixth foul because Dirk ran at Duncan and stepped on his foot. And how about Bowen's "foul" on Dirk in game 4 where Dirk initiated all contact?

In fact, I think the Mavs got more "bad calls" in their favors against the Spurs than the Heat did against the Mavs.
EricForman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 01:36 PM   #33
DatZNasty
NBA rookie of the year

DatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Mavs got a bunch of questionable calls go their way against SA that more then likely helped them win that series. So we can't really complain that much about the horrible officiating that ensued in the Finals.
Duncan did too, he was just missing free throws. Dirk did win the one game from the ft line when they called the foul on Bowen and there's the game he put into ot with free throws he got because he stepped on Duncan's foot and turned his ankle. But Duncan was throwing his body into Dampier's chest all series and going to the line trikking off free throws
DatZNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 01:38 PM   #34
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Silent Mav has decent reputationSilent Mav has decent reputation

On behalf of Mavs fans, we love you too Eric.

Mavs lost, no excuses. Time to move on.
Silent Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 01:41 PM   #35
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Mav
On behalf of Mavs fans, we love you too Eric.

Mavs lost, no excuses. Time to move on.

Quote:
I only bet a few times in my life, one time I put $5 on something and made like $1000 but that was it.

Ummm who or what did u bet on that gave you that kind of payout????

You bet on Landis to win the Tour de France?
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 01:45 PM   #36
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatZNasty
before or after getting elbowed in the chest?

Quote:
No he didn't. Wade sent a forearm to Dirk's chest and Dirk got called for the foul.
Wade's forearm made contact slightly after Dirk started "reaching".

As a ref, when a defender is guarding a player attacking from the wing in that situation if his feet don't move in a slide but he goes from parallel to the sideline to perpendicular to to he's considered to be "reaching".

Again, I wouldn't have called it myself. Dirk did reach though.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 01:49 PM   #37
DatZNasty
NBA rookie of the year

DatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat cool

im'ma try that at the rec center today then when I go; just run by and elbow shiver the ***** out of someone and call ball, tell him he was reaching.
Old 08-18-2007, 01:49 PM   #38
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

White Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputation

There were plenty of bad/non-calls, but you're up 2-0 and have a 13 point lead half way through the 4th quarter of game 3. C'mon.
White Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 02:03 PM   #39
DatZNasty
NBA rookie of the year

18.75fts a game in games won

Old 08-18-2007, 02:07 PM   #40
OneWay
GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

OneWay has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB

Ummm who or what did u bet on that gave you that kind of payout????

You bet on Landis to win the Tour de France?

Nah. I bet on like 15 games, mostly soccer. I just did it for fun but it payed off.
Good times, good times.
OneWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 02:55 PM   #41
TiMavericks21
Decent playground baller

TiMavericks21 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabCasablancas
Great post, Eric.. Though Wade was handed every freethrow compared to Dirk.. the Mavs defenders had to run away form Wade to keep from fouling him and still got called for fouls.. while the Heat players were running INTO Dirk and Dirk got no calls..

Couldn't have put it better myself. The refs allowed NO CONTACT on Wade WHATSOEVER, yet suddenly allowed hand/bodychecking on Dirk from Posey/Walker/Haslem, when they hadn't allowed that at all throughout the playoffs. Someone explain that to me? If they're gonna call the game tight (as they did with Wade) or loose (as they did with Dirk), at least CALL IT BOTH WAYS FOR BOTH TEAMS.

I know the Mavericks could have played much better and probably finished off the Heat despite the poor officiating, but I'm sorry, the finale of Game 5 just really did it for me. I taped the game and have watched THAT ASBOLUTE PHANTOM FOUL THAT WADE DREW OVER AND OVER AGAIN. There was nothing there. I tried to see it from a ref's point of view and thought MAYBE DEVIN HARRIS' FOREARM TOUCHED WADE, BUT THEY CALLED THE FOUL ON DIRK.

Call it what you want it, but the Mavs should have won Game 5 and headed back to Dallas up 3-2 with both 6 & 7 in Big D. Choking, nah bro. BS officiating officially changed the tide of that series.
TiMavericks21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 03:00 PM   #42
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatZNasty
18.75fts a game in games won

LOL, all that needs to be said.

I seriously wouldn't doubt if this series was rigged. I mean the refs DEFINATELY played a huge part in it
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 03:10 PM   #43
Good Old Willy
DBDs

Good Old Willy is considered somewhat coolGood Old Willy is considered somewhat coolGood Old Willy is considered somewhat cool

Whether or not the Dallas Miami final was rigged by the refs or the NBA, you can't have people convinced it is.

Not a fan of either the Mavs or Heat, I remember watching it and thinking "oh no, they can't be rigging this"? Wondering why on earth the reffing changed so much after game 2. I believed then, as now that the series smelled bad and the undeserving team won. As a league, you can not have "neutral" fans watching and thinking your grand finale is garbage.
Good Old Willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 03:14 PM   #44
BFRESH44
College star

BFRESH44 has an OK reputation so far

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7cG9NrfhM0

Rigged I tell ya! Rigged!
BFRESH44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 03:17 PM   #45
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The cries sound similar to the big 3 in Milw. Ray Allen, Sam Cassell, Big Dog crying that AI got foul calls and they didnt. The answer why? Because you're jump shooters, you dont drive to the basket to draw contact. See Dirk. See AI/Wade relation. Just saying. I mean we saw Dirk struggle vs GSW when he attempted to post them up...and we saw how he attempted to score (shoot, shoot over, fadeaways). 7 foot and cant establish position downlow to take advantage? Cant draw fouls? He shot 38% FG 21% 3pt vs GSW. In the NBA finals he shot 39%FG 25% 3pt.

Maybe Dirk is just a pusssy?
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: