Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-18-2007, 03:21 PM   #46
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board
Default Re: I'm now 100 % sure that the Miami Dallas series was rigged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFRESH44

You don't want to start posting videos. Just be happy that you guys won and accept that you guys got a few unfair calls in addition to the Mavs choking, and you'll satisfy those still crying about this... But you don't want to start posting videos... That will end badly for you in this paticular instance.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 03:57 PM   #47
BFRESH44
College star

BFRESH44 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFly
You don't want to start posting videos. Just be happy that you guys won and accept that you guys got a few unfair calls in addition to the Mavs choking, and you'll satisfy those still crying about this... But you don't want to start posting videos... That will end badly for you in this paticular instance.

Oh I most certainly do want to....Very much indeed for that matter as well..

Because that very game 3 changed the entire direction of the series and completly swifted the momentum towards Miami. And the funny thing is, officiating can't be questioned. There was no shadiness in that matter. Anyone saying othewise is retarded. What you saw in that very game was a blantant choke session, undoubtedly by a team as a whole. And Dirk capped it off with that very missed free throw late to tie...

Up 13 with 6 mins go...Just needing a DECENT close out by your superstar, your "MVP"... To basically put his stamp on the series and and end it all right there. The Mavs raise the O'Brien with a cloue out of that very game...

But they didn't. And that is why I have no empathy for the Mavericks, and that's why I laugh at the conspiracy theorist...

And videos wars? "End bad for me" The f*ck? Pleassssse, my dude...

Hell I'll post them too...I couldn't give two sh*ts....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lX_q...elated&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y8nI...elated&search=

Of the few vidoes Game 6 Finals/Wade Foul call videos splattered all over youtube those are the only 2 whom by my observation appeared to be blantant dubious calls...The other not much at all....

I'll give those two calls in particular to any one who wants to debate...

But considering that Dwyane Wade was by far and away the most aggressive player in the series..And I cannot stress this point enough...I mean BY FAR AND AWAY

He very well did get the benefit of the doubt on a decent sum of calls, as the agreessor always get's the benefit of the doubt, especially if he's of superstar caliber. As the league has always been.

Simple question? Was Dirk nearly as aggresive as Dwyane Wade in the Finals? If your answer is not "No, not even close BFRESH44"...Then you're kidding yourself...

Dirk played completly soft in the Finals..A complete 180 to how he played in that San Antoinio series, posting up, attacking...And he was rewarded his aggresive nature in that particular series..In the Finals? He let James Posey and Udonis Haslem get the best of him...

When Avery Johnson after the Game 6 loss made the assertion that his whole team was simply not attacking the basket enough, how in the hell can you call conspiracy? In that instance when the *****ing head coach of the team blantantly blast his entire team stating (the obvious) that they were not aggressive enough and did not attack the basket nearly enough. Just please tell how can you call "rigged", and come up with the lame conspiracies...

It's just hilarious to me...

I'm done though.

Last edited by BFRESH44 : 08-19-2007 at 01:49 AM.
BFRESH44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 04:29 PM   #48
RandomBalla55
Local High School Star

RandomBalla55 has decent reputation

Here's how I see it:

a) Miami got 95% of the calls.
b) Dallas couldn't breathe on DWade without getting called for a foul. 19 FTs a game when you win. What the hell kind of FT disparity is that? Did Dallas as a team even average 19 FTs a game?
c) DWade was the aggressor, and that means a lot in the NBA.
d) Dallas as a team folded. DWade had a memorable performance. Tainted, but memorable.

And yes, Dirk made plenty of clutch shots in that series. The one over Shaq definetely stands out in my mind. He missed a FT or two. ****, kill him if you must. It happens.

No excuses for Dirk's (pathetic) performance against GSW this year though. BTW, does anybody have the Game 5 last 9 seconds of the game thing? Someone clarify this for me: when DWade caught that ball, wouldn't that be a backcourt violation? I thought he had 1 foot past half court and 1 foot in. Also I thought he pushed off on Devin Harris (although Devin Harris is a notorious diver), ala MJ style.

Last edited by RandomBalla55 : 08-18-2007 at 04:32 PM.
RandomBalla55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 05:43 PM   #49
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

interesting look at game 5...

http://www.82games.com/game5refs.htm
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 01:11 AM   #50
EricForman
Good college starter

EricForman has decent reputationEricForman has decent reputation

f**king eh, it's annoying when I have to disagree with both sides because both sides are wack and too extreme.

To Mavs fans-- the series wasn't "rigged". Get outta here with that crap. Rigged is too strong a word to be throwing around, and if you really believe it was rigged, you're GUTLESS to still be a fan of the NBA a full year later.

To Heat fans-- stop throwing that choke word around when Dirk lost to a superior skilled superstar (Wade) with FAR MORE HELP (Shaq+Zo vs Josh Howard and Jason Terry? PLEASE) and Wade was getting some questionable calls.

I mean god damn, the Heat barely won every game by like a 3 points in the final minute, and people can't understand that... it's either "NOOO IT WAS RIGGED" or "NOOOO DIRK CHOKES HE SUX"

You guys just can't understsand the concept that Miami was a superior team that was underacheiving in the regular season and in the first two games of the finals, then stepped it up and won four straight games, three of them were nailbiters and Miami got some favorable calls. It was a matter of momentum+Wade stepping up his game to another level+he got some questionable calls to boot...

What a bunch of one-sided clowns. ... freaking ISH....

Last edited by EricForman : 08-19-2007 at 01:16 AM.
EricForman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 02:40 AM   #51
jasonterry
Banned

jasonterry has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricForman
f**king eh, it's annoying when I have to disagree with both sides because both sides are wack and too extreme.

To Mavs fans-- the series wasn't "rigged". Get outta here with that crap. Rigged is too strong a word to be throwing around, and if you really believe it was rigged, you're GUTLESS to still be a fan of the NBA a full year later.

To Heat fans-- stop throwing that choke word around when Dirk lost to a superior skilled superstar (Wade) with FAR MORE HELP (Shaq+Zo vs Josh Howard and Jason Terry? PLEASE) and Wade was getting some questionable calls.

I mean god damn, the Heat barely won every game by like a 3 points in the final minute, and people can't understand that... it's either "NOOO IT WAS RIGGED" or "NOOOO DIRK CHOKES HE SUX"

You guys just can't understsand the concept that Miami was a superior team that was underacheiving in the regular season and in the first two games of the finals, then stepped it up and won four straight games, three of them were nailbiters and Miami got some favorable calls. It was a matter of momentum+Wade stepping up his game to another level+he got some questionable calls to boot...

What a bunch of one-sided clowns. ... freaking ISH....

Im sorry but theres no way in hell that wade is more skilled than nowitzki. the only player who is more skilled then dirk is probably Kobe, and even that is arguable.
jasonterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 09:08 AM   #52
FabCasablancas
Banned

FabCasablancas has decent reputation

One thing that people need to remember is that Phil Jackson even said after the Mavs/Heat Finals that there were 2 completely different levels of physicality allowed or not allowed for each team.. this really puts an end to the debate.. it doesn't really get more definitive than that. Phil called it exactly and he had no dog in that race. Even players from other teams like Tmac and Rasheed Wallace saw it the same way.. Tmac even said it publicly and Dictator Stern shut him up..
FabCasablancas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 09:43 AM   #53
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation

Wow Four pages and Primetime isn't here yet.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 12:02 PM   #55
Samurai Swoosh
Root Of All Evil

Samurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected poster

I don't think it was "rigged" ... that would be a huge conspiracy, compromised of alot of parts, and by now someone would've leaked. However, that isn't to say there wasn't a ton of bad calls, because there was. Other than that, Dwyane Wade and the Heat just buckled down and out played a mentally weak team. It's literally that simple.
Samurai Swoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 12:35 PM   #56
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

What's changed?
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 01:22 PM   #57
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFRESH44
Oh I most certainly do want to....Very much indeed for that matter as well..

Let me as you a question. In your honest opinion, did Miami get the majority of the favorable calls in that series... Regardless of whether Miami was more aggressive or not (they were), regardless of whether Dallas choked (they did)... did Miami get the majority of the favorable calls in that series?
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 03:37 PM   #58
FabCasablancas
Banned

It isn't that it's rigged.. it's that it's biased towards the bigger stars.. Riley, Shaq, Wade, Zo, Walker Payton.. killed the Mavs in star power.. they are always going to get way more calls.. and they did..it just shows how horrible they wer eplaying to even lose one game in that series. That goes for the Spurs too when they lost to the Mavs.. they played terrible and still took the Mavs to 7 games because of biased officiating...
Old 08-19-2007, 03:48 PM   #59
AI Nuggets3
Decent college freshman

AI Nuggets3 has an OK reputation so far

when you change the rules to soften basketball like Mark Cuban lobbied for this is the kind of games/discussion that you're going to get.

i'd much rather have a 1993 argument of "these refs aren't calling any fouls at all" rather than a 2007 discussion about getting into the penalty too quickly, Wade shooting 20 ft', Dirk choking on his ft's, biased refs, etc.

Mark Cuban created the Lolla'freethrow'palooza. so Mavs fans should blame him, not the refs. Wade was simply smart enough to recognize that if refs are calling ticky tack fouls that it would be in his best interest to flop. He's a genius.
AI Nuggets3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 04:01 PM   #60
FabCasablancas
Banned

This has zero to do with mark Cuban.. the exact same thing happened in the Kings Lakers series.. Mark had no impact at that point. Nothing has changed from then to now anyway.. at least not in the playoffs. That Kings Lakers series was a virtual carbon copy of the Mavs Heat.. and the star power won then too..

The only difference is that if Dirk wasn't white, with his unique and great offensive game, he would be as big as any star in the league and the star power thing wouldn't have been as big of an issue in that series.. the officating wouldn't have been so incredibly one-sided..
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: