Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-18-2007, 10:41 PM   #16
Dodonpa
Great young streetballer

Dodonpa has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: RJ donates 3.5 million to Arizona

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
Wildcats are the reason why he's banking 100+ million in the NBA. What has charity done for him? Zip! Nil!
Ignorant.
Ever seen the movie that has 1 person help 3 people.. then those 3 people help 3 people each.. and pass it on?

So now he recieved help and made it big. He should understand how much getting help means. Why give money back to wildcats again? Do they need his help? no!
Why not try to HELP someone else, and let them stand on their feet, like he did?
Dodonpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 11:00 PM   #17
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodonpa
then your school hasn't taught you enough.

First of all, yeah, it's your money, you can do whatever you want. No argument here. Nobody can tell you how to spend your money.

But donating to a large university.. is it correct? Hell no.
Whatever portion you will be donating to them.. for them.. it's chump change.
They get millions more from billionaires, sponsors, program, gov't and all that. Your money means nothing much to them.

However, your money, no matter how little, could actually feed a few kids in Africa. You could donate to some hospital where the money is actually getting medical equipments to help lives.

So what did you learn from your university?
that donating to an already rich and stable university, where your money won't be seen for any good uses- maybe buy some toilet papers
is better than donating to actually help kids and causes?

the efficiency of $1 dollar to a university and to a charity foundation is very much different. Think about what $1 can do for each of them.

Regardless of how much you appreciate your university, money isn't the way to thank them.You can show the world how your university educated you by donating change to them... or actually make a change to the world.

Your money, your choice.

You act like I wouldn't donate to other charities or causes. Yes, my money, my choice. Where you come to the conclusion where my money is wasted is out of bounds and unfounded. If you look at things at where it's most efficient versus what is more important, then I can see where you'll have problems in life.

Where you decide to lecture me about how to spend my money is not only egregious, but pompous and pretentious as well.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 11:02 PM   #18
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Ignorant.
Ever seen the movie that has 1 person help 3 people.. then those 3 people help 3 people each.. and pass it on?

So now he recieved help and made it big. He should understand how much getting help means. Why give money back to wildcats again? Do they need his help? no!
Why not try to HELP someone else, and let them stand on their feet, like he did?
So what makes you think RJ hasn't donated some money to charity? Why the fk should he give them a big chunk?
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 11:05 PM   #19
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here
Red face Re: RJ donates 3.5 million to Arizona

Quote:
Ignorant.

Do you even know what the money is going towards? The practice facility is not only for the team, ignoramus. It'll probably be used to run camps for kids and used to hold other events that benefit people outside of the university and those part of the community. You come off all high and mighty but you probably don't even understand how a common facility can be used for multi-purposes. If in the end it promotes a higher facilitation of campus activities and as well as non-school related, then it's more than worth it.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 11:09 PM   #20
Ron_Artesticle
I hit open layups

Ron_Artesticle has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Ignorant.

Oh, get off your ****in moral high horse. Who are you to determine the best uses for someone's money. There's nothing wrong giving back to the people who made you what you are. Going back to an earlier post, do you think it's wrong that people buy their parents houses? Maybe we should just appoint you as America's Minster of Charity so you can determine who in the world needs the most charity.
Ron_Artesticle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 11:12 PM   #21
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
RJ donates 3.5 million to Arizona

I don't get it, where's the obligatory, cliche, gay joke?
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 11:14 PM   #22
Agent_Zero
Great college starter

Agent_Zero is considered somewhat coolAgent_Zero is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwajo

old.

Last edited by Agent_Zero : 08-18-2007 at 11:18 PM.
Agent_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 11:16 PM   #23
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

RecSpecs110 is considered somewhat coolRecSpecs110 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

It got old.
RecSpecs110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 11:22 PM   #24
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

Geez, ISH sure lost its ability to detect sarcasm over the summer didn't it.
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 11:32 PM   #25
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Oh I get it. So we actually haven't lost our ability to detect 'sarcasm', because you're using this 'sarcasm' in this very sentence. You may be smart kwajo, but you won't be getting such parlor tricks past me.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 11:32 PM   #26
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

RecSpecs110 is considered somewhat coolRecSpecs110 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

It's kind of hard to detect sarcasm in text when you write in a straightforward manner without one of these: :rollingeyes:
RecSpecs110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 11:33 PM   #27
hippos
Banned

hippos has decent reputation

Newfies dancing with elves in magically lit forests.

Word.
hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 12:03 AM   #28
Targus™
Good college starter

Targus™ has an OK reputation so far

3.5 milliion??? god daamn! it's not easy to just say, here you go, with 3.5 mill, doesn't matter WHO its going to.
Targus™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 12:15 AM   #29
Dodonpa
Great young streetballer

Dodonpa has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
You act like I wouldn't donate to other charities or causes. Yes, my money, my choice. Where you come to the conclusion where my money is wasted is out of bounds and unfounded. If you look at things at where it's most efficient versus what is more important, then I can see where you'll have problems in life.

Where you decide to lecture me about how to spend my money is not only egregious, but pompous and pretentious as well.
I've already stated, your money, your choice.
If you wish to waste on smth like that, more power to you.
And whats more important vs efficient?
You think building another gym for more college students to play ball at is more important than feeding hungry kids with no clothing?

Ok good for you. Your education has done good for you.
Dodonpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 12:17 AM   #30
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
Do you even know what the money is going towards? The practice facility is not only for the team, ignoramus. It'll probably be used to run camps for kids and used to hold other events that benefit people outside of the university and those part of the community. You come off all high and mighty but you probably don't even understand how a common facility can be used for multi-purposes. If in the end it promotes a higher facilitation of campus activities and as well as non-school related, then it's more than worth it.

We sure have some ignorant mutha ****ers on this board. First he called someone ignorant and then used a Nicholas Cage movie to show his point.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: