Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-19-2007, 11:13 AM   #46
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: RJ donates 3.5 million to Arizona

Quote:
I've stated many damn times it's more about the importance of where the money goes. You've yet to argue with that, keep bringing it back about efficiency. I say it's more important for the money to go toward another source and you come back again and tell me about efficiency again.

Why is it more imporant? Because you said so? Once again, who are you to judge such a delegation of money?

Quote:
Then what the hell are you arguing for? That's pretty much my whole arguement. Read my posts. It's on the fact that there's better places for him to donate. This pretty much sums you up. I'm right, you have nothing more to add except trying to defend the man for your personal reasons. I couldn't give less a damn if it was RJ or you. Anyone who donates a substantial amount of money to a well funded organization is stupid. I've said many many many times. It's his money. He can do whatever he wants, yes. But I'm gonna call on it and say it's stupid.

What? Talk about incoherence.

Quote:
I'm not basing my criticism on him. I'm basing it on anyone who will donate to a well-funded organization, which you said you will. Quit bringing RJ in this. You've agreed that there is 'better suited venues' for him to donate. Then what other argument do you have? Defend the point I made that anyone donating to such an organization is stupid, because there are much more worthy places in need of donation out there.

And who says he doesn't donate money to them? Who says I don't donate money to them? You?

Quote:
And about the parents housing thing, wow, how stupid are you guys to bring that up? Do you guys understand the difference between buying and donating? Buying a house for your parents is great. It's your personal gain that your family gets a property. Here he is donating. DONATING.

Donating to the purchase of a new facility. It's going to have his name on it.. So while it belongs to the university, he owns the naming rights. Slight difference, but not too big.

Quote:
If that was too long, let me sum it up:
You just want to defend the man for whatever reason.
I've based my whole argument on the fact that there is no need for any man to donate to a wealthy organization because it doesn't help,makes no difference,

Don't even know what the facility is used for...yet you think it makes no difference. Public schools are usually underfunded, dumbass.

Quote:
Point again: There is no need for any man to donate to a wealthy organization because it doesn't help at all, and there are much more places out there that could take the help.
Now I see the problem. You're still hung up that a school is an organization. Hahaha. This is why I didn't understand your microsoft example. You think a corporation like Microsoft is the same as a school? Wow, you're an idiot.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 11:19 AM   #47
Dodonpa
Great young streetballer

Dodonpa has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Why is it more imporant? Because you said so? Once again, who are you to judge such a delegation of money?
Any idiot out there will tell you donations to africa means much more than donating to a gym for a university. ANY.

Quote:
And who says he doesn't donate money to them? Who says I don't donate money to them? You?
If you do, great. That's not what we're arguing. Thanks for bringing another random topic in.

Quote:
Don't even know what the facility is used for...yet you think it makes no difference. Public schools are usually underfunded, dumbass.
I've already stated what kind of uses the gym could be used for. You couldn't back it up that it's any useful at all.

Quote:
Now I see the problem. You're still hung up that a school is an organization. Hahaha. This is why I didn't understand your microsoft example. You think a corporation like Microsoft is the same as a school? Wow, you're an idiot.
You think a school isn't an organization?
There's a system in it, people have different jobs, they have incomes, there are fundings, blah blah
Your school haven't educated you at all. You're a young kid who wants to donate so you can feel a little bit better.

Read the other guy's post. He summed it up. You're stupid.
Dodonpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 01:42 PM   #48
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodonpa
Any idiot out there will tell you donations to africa means much more than donating to a gym for a university. ANY.

And an idiot would tell you there is no shame in what RJ did and doesn't deserve the criticism you gave him.

Quote:
I've already stated what kind of uses the gym could be used for. You couldn't back it up that it's any useful at all.

No, you just don't compute.

Quote:
You think a school isn't an organization?
There's a system in it, people have different jobs, they have incomes, there are fundings, blah blah

Organization as corporation? Yes, there are accounting and funds involved, but you can't compare it to Microsoft. If that were the case then so is the Peace Corp, Greenpeace, or the Red Cross. They're not under the same umbrella. Their services are so much different.

Quote:
Your school haven't educated you at all. You're a young kid who wants to donate so you can feel a little bit better.
Yes I am young, but if the education I received taught me to be thankful for the people that put me where I am today is wrong, then fine thats the way you see it. I see no problem in giving back to the places, people, things that made me who I am. I guess you don't see the same way.

Quote:
Read the other guy's post. He summed it up. You're stupid.

And read the other people who quoted you as a pretentious prick.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 02:46 PM   #49
04mzwach
NBA sixth man of the year

04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool

RJ is stupid to donate money to a university. I don't care how much money he gave them. He could of gave it to something else. Why didn't he just give it to the government? ****, they might of actually used it better. He better be giving more money to the poor and diseased later on. The donation was a waste of damn money. He could of donated some of his merchandise signed to their fundraiser or something like that. Not saying it would be 3 million, but it would show the love just as much. Some ballers don't realize what their money could do. RJ is one of them until I see different.
04mzwach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 03:03 PM   #50
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

RecSpecs110 is considered somewhat coolRecSpecs110 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwajo
I'd say that I wasn't even really being that dry in my sarcasm. I mean I said that the jokes were cliche, and then I get two replies saying the jokes got old. Well what did you think 'cliche' meant in the first place?

I didn't realize that you said cliche. Anyhow, it was pretty dry sarcasm. Since all that we're doing is reading text, you have to emphasize the fact that it got old. You didn't leave any trace, so I overlooked the word.

Once again, nick picking and exacerbating what was a simple misunderstanding and trying to make someone else look foolish with your witty lines.

Could have just said "I was being sarcastic," but no, you are too ego driven to keep it simple.
RecSpecs110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 09:50 PM   #51
Dodonpa
Great young streetballer

Dodonpa has an OK reputation so far

I don't need to say no more. You just have an agenda against me, and besides that, you have no argument. None.
Let other people's posts show you the truth.
You are a stupid little kid in his own world who thinks donating to an university can make a difference, when it only goes into electric bills and toilet papers. Your classes that get smaller will still get smaller, regardless of what you do.
You want to throw your money in the river? go ahead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04mzwach
RJ is stupid to donate money to a university. I don't care how much money he gave them. He could of gave it to something else. Why didn't he just give it to the government? ****, they might of actually used it better. He better be giving more money to the poor and diseased later on. The donation was a waste of damn money. He could of donated some of his merchandise signed to their fundraiser or something like that. Not saying it would be 3 million, but it would show the love just as much. Some ballers don't realize what their money could do. RJ is one of them until I see different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run&Gun=Fun
I agree with those who feel the money could go to a better cause.

The Uni is going to raise the money for the gym without this donation, it might take them a little longer but if they want to build a new gym its not money thats going to stop them.

Jeffersons got alterior motives anyway...Do you think hed be so generous if the building wasnt to be named after him?

Why would you give 3.5 million dollars to an already financially sound establishment? It doesnt make any sense.

The effects that money could have in Africa is incomprehensible...It could save the lives of up to 500,000 people.

But lets build a gym instead....Your name gets put on the wall, fair enough.

And for the guy who wants to give money to his college...your silly.

a) You'd have to donate a very large amount to make any sort of a difference
b) You've probably already given them more than enough in tuition fees
Those 2 posts summed it up, and I'm done.
Dodonpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 10:40 PM   #52
Jakez On Point11
I brick open layups

Jakez On Point11 has an OK reputation so far

i think this should be an example to all this 8 figure players who havent given squat
Jakez On Point11 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: