Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-19-2007, 12:48 PM   #46
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

bleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: USA Basketball going nowhere unless it's Kobe's team...

the only chance USA has is to play as a solid, well-balanced unit.
Kidd can bring them together, much more so than Kobe or anyone else.
Balance, defense, unselfish play.
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 12:54 PM   #47
Samurai Swoosh
Root Of All Evil

Samurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected poster

Well yeah ... bringing them together because he's the oldest and the most experienced. Plus he has gold medals in his back pocket. But Kobe Bryant is going to be the one the players would more acceptingly rely on during clutch situations and moments. Just re-watch the scrimmage, you could see it in all the player's body languages and faces. They were depending on Kobe Bryant.
Samurai Swoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 01:53 PM   #48
Poseidon
Banned

Poseidon has decent reputationPoseidon has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh
Well yeah ... bringing them together because he's the oldest and the most experienced. Plus he has gold medals in his back pocket. But Kobe Bryant is going to be the one the players would more acceptingly rely on during clutch situations and moments. Just re-watch the scrimmage, you could see it in all the player's body languages and faces. They were depending on Kobe Bryant.

Except for LeBronze James.

I really think his attitude and arrogance will pose a problem for Team USA.

I see everyone deferring to Kobe Bryant (as they should), except for LeBron.

In the end, IF the US does not qualify....it will be LeBron's fault. Just you watch.
Poseidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 01:54 PM   #49
AI Nuggets3
Decent college freshman

AI Nuggets3 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxNeXuSxX
I know you got this off Lakersground, so as an experiment, I took this random quote by "Pat Riley" and searched plugged it in on google. Strangely enough, the only result that returns is from Lakersground forums.

Not even saying he didn't say it, but I'm presuming words were altered for agendas to be filled.

thats probably not even the complete sentence. the kobe fan should've written "He ranks right there with Jordan...."
AI Nuggets3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 01:58 PM   #50
Uchiha_Hai
The Big Bang

Uchiha_Hai has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh
I can't believe Wade has a 36 shot attempt game. I always find him kind of conservative when it comes to putting up shots. I'm still shocked he hasn't broke the 50 point barrier, all while I consider him ot be one of the greatest scorers in today's game.

36 Shots

I wonder how many free throws he also had in that game? I mean when you take 36 shots I'm sure you were pretty aggressive in that game. 36 shots and maybe 12 free throws and he has never reached 50 points
Uchiha_Hai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 03:24 PM   #51
Who'sKobe
Decent playground baller

Who'sKobe has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxNeXuSxX
I know you got this off Lakersground, so as an experiment, I took this random quote by "Pat Riley" and searched plugged it in on google. Strangely enough, the only result that returns is from Lakersground forums.

Not even saying he didn't say it, but I'm presuming words were altered for agendas to be filled.

These were the exact words: "He rates right there, probably with Jordan"

A twisting around of a couple of words. You should do more thorough research before questioning the legibility of anything.
Who'sKobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 03:30 PM   #52
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

If anyone aside from the coach needs to be a true leader, it needs to be Kidd. And why would some of these guys defer to Kobe totally. Kobe will take a lot of shots, but making him the man on the court is the wrong thing to do.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 03:32 PM   #53
FireMcFailPlease
Loserville USA

FireMcFailPlease has an OK reputation so far

we're screwed anyways. we wont win the golds...again..
FireMcFailPlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 03:32 PM   #54
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

bleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Melo should come off the bench.
Lebron's all-around skills at SF would play well with Kobe & Kidd.
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 03:35 PM   #55
OneWay
GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

OneWay has an OK reputation so far

Here you idiot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0565oawy9Ak
OneWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 03:42 PM   #56
AI Nuggets3
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
Melo should come off the bench.
Lebron's all-around skills at SF would play well with Kobe & Kidd.

what kind of strategy is it to bring your best FIBA style player off the bench??

the offense should run through Melo and Kobe. everyone else should (but won't) learn how to be role players.

Lebron should honestly be coming off the bench to provide a big slam here or there when the first unit is resting. thats not hating on Lebron, its just that his lack of mid range shooting is going to hurt the USA when the offense is running through him. Melo and Kobe are the two best fundamental/mid range shooters this team has. If anyone can kill a zone its these two guys. Melo is a 50% shooter. Kobe isnt but when he's ON hes ON.
Old 08-19-2007, 03:46 PM   #57
OneWay
GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

OneWay has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI Nuggets3
what kind of strategy is it to bring your best FIBA style player off the bench??

the offense should run through Melo and Kobe. everyone else should (but won't) learn how to be role players.

Lebron should honestly be coming off the bench to provide a big slam here or there when the first unit is resting. thats not hating on Lebron, its just that his lack of mid range shooting is going to hurt the USA when the offense is running through him. Melo and Kobe are the two best fundamental/mid range shooters this team has. If anyone can kill a zone its these two guys. Melo is a 50% shooter. Kobe isnt but when he's ON hes ON.

I completely agree.
Although you make it look like Melo's a more efficent shooter than Kobe which isn't true.
Other than that, you're pretty much correct.
OneWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 03:50 PM   #58
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

As a long time Laker fan and supporter of Kobe, I have to say it's embarassing how far up Kobe's butt some of you guys have climbed...
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 03:51 PM   #59
AI Nuggets3
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWay
I completely agree.
Although you make it look like Melo's a more efficent shooter than Kobe which isn't true.
Other than that, you're pretty much correct.

well with their stats compared Melo is more efficient. but he also doesn't have to carry around the garbage that Kobe plays with. i've never faulted Kobe or Iverson the past 4 years for shooting 26 times a game. a bad Kobe shot is better than a good Sasha shot IMO.

but yeah, put the ball in either Kobe's or Melo's hands and i'll feel safe as a fan.
Old 08-19-2007, 03:56 PM   #60
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI Nuggets3
well with their stats compared Melo is more efficient. but he also doesn't have to carry around the garbage that Kobe plays with. i've never faulted Kobe or Iverson the past 4 years for shooting 26 times a game. a bad Kobe shot is better than a good Sasha shot IMO.

but yeah, put the ball in either Kobe's or Melo's hands and i'll feel safe as a fan.
Kidd Kobe Melo Lebron, the ball is safe in any of their hands... the only problem i forsee for this team will be players trying to do to much and not recognizing their teamamtes, and we could very well see some of this in the begining but i imagine by the end of the tournament with time on court the pecking order will be come clear of who is the go to guy in a international type format... tradionally it's kind of been a non superstar that's risen to the top for team USA
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: