Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-18-2007, 10:20 PM   #1
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Buying Xbox 360

What would I need to get if I just go the cheap route and purchase the core system for $350. I dont think i need the HD DVD addition since I have a HDMI tv. Can someone put together a package with prices

I've asked my friends and another board. So I'm just trying to see what folks think. Thanks
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 10:29 PM   #2
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Buying Xbox 360

I dont think the core is that much anymore. I think the Core is down to 300 flat in the states plus tax.

Im assumiing youd get Madden so itd be

40 (another controller)

and eventually youll want to get the hard drive, which is another 100+ bucks, which is why most people just buy the premium one. you're lookin at 420 bucks for a brand new package is my guess.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 10:47 PM   #3
BradMiller52
Kings fan

BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far

I'm not sure but man when you buy a 360 you got to buy Halo 3 in a month.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 11:23 PM   #4
Wo1fshadow
I brick open layups

Wo1fshadow has an OK reputation so far

Xbox 360 is great. if you can get it cheap then get it.
Wo1fshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 11:52 PM   #5
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Dont i need extra wires for the 360 to HDMI hookup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradMiller52
I'm not sure but man when you buy a 360 you got to buy Halo 3 in a month.

No thanks on Halo 3. Never liked Halo...rather Bioshock and StangleHold
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 01:11 AM   #6
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Actually core system is down to $279.99. System/hard drive (white box) is $350 and the elite is like $479.99
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 01:15 AM   #7
Targus™
Good college starter

Targus™ has an OK reputation so far

i wouldnt get it right now, they hype has pretty much cooled down for the most part. wait till it goes down in price.
Targus™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 01:17 AM   #8
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

That's the thing tho the price dropped 2 weeks ago (400 went down to 350, 300 went down to 279)...so it probably won't drop again for a while
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 01:23 AM   #9
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
What would I need to get if I just go the cheap route and purchase the core system for $350. I dont think i need the HD DVD addition since I have a HDMI tv. Can someone put together a package with prices

I've asked my friends and another board. So I'm just trying to see what folks think. Thanks
Just get a ps3. Don't be a jew. You won $600 this weekend. Use it to get the 80gb version. You get Moterstorm with it plus t 5 free blu ray hi-def movies through the mail. Either that or...

Gamble some more.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 03:07 AM   #10
ndPac
Serious playground baller

ndPac is starting to rub some people the wrong way

if there is a costco/ price club in your area get one there. . it will come in a pack with one game (prob crappie 1) with 2 controllers, and a controller charger. . its a good pirce dont remember the exact total but its got waht you need all together added up for cheaper, and just keep the reciept and they will return it whenver (if you need to) no questions asked.
ndPac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 03:14 AM   #11
RandomBalla55
Local High School Star

RandomBalla55 has decent reputation

GoBB, core system = rip.

See, at $279, you get a wired controller. No HD. Nothing. To buy a 20 GB HD, you'd need to pony up an extra $100.

Buy the 360 Pro at 350. Here's what you gotta do:

Look around the XBox 360 box if you can. There's tab that says you can lift to see the serial #. See if there's an HDMI slot.

Or, you can look for the LOT #. I think most Lot #'s around 0728 are safe. Don't buy any 360s that are like 06xx.

Be weary though. Best Buy is selling these HDMI 360s but you won't get the free game with it. I think if you buy an older 360 w/o HDMI you get a free Top Spin 2. Circuit City is also doing this same thing but giving you Table Tennis instead. Make sure you buy the warranty plan at the store though, it's better then waiting an extra 2 weeks from MS.

Bioshock got hype on it. You got NCAA, Madden, etc.. also there.

Costco works too but they're cracking down on refunds. I bought my first one there and the guy reluctantly took mine but warned me about 90 days next time or some ****.
RandomBalla55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 03:18 AM   #12
BradMiller52
Kings fan

BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Dont i need extra wires for the 360 to HDMI hookup?

No thanks on Halo 3. Never liked Halo...rather Bioshock and StangleHold

You played Gears of War before? How about that?
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 03:21 AM   #13
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!

Doomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targus™
i wouldnt get it right now, they hype has pretty much cooled down for the most part. wait till it goes down in price.

Halo 3 is gonna bring the hype back up...
Doomsday Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 06:06 AM   #14
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:

HDMI is an input. To get HD DVD quality you need to buy the HD DVD add on.

Since you do have HDMI you want to get a premium with HDMI that just came out. You'll see it on the box. You may have to check different stores out but it will be worth it. You're paying the same price but one is much better.

If you want to play on XBL(xbox live) you have to have a Hard Drive. Pretty soon you're going to need a hard drive to play all the new games. A HD is a lot more to buy separately, so I would buy it in a package. Not only do you get the HD with the premium. You get a wireless controller and component video cables.

So you can play on component until you get your HDMI.
Oh if you don't buy the premium you won't have anywhere to save your game so you would have to buy a memory card.

In the end it turns out to be cheaper buying the premium. So go find a premium with HDMI for 350 and you should be good to go.

Although if you want to farther complicate it. In a few months the 360's will have a new cpu that will run much cooler. So if you can wait it would be worth it.
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 08:20 AM   #15
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

spend the xtra $ and get the premium system. h/d is cool to have cause memory cards suck. cordless controllers are great too.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: