Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-19-2007, 08:50 AM   #16
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Buying Xbox 360

Yall confused the hell out of me

Dig this....

Xbox 360 w/HDMI

Check this link out and tell me if thats cool. $349.99

But it doesnt come with a wireless controller, xbox game online thing everyone has and it doesnt come with the hdmi cords i need (just has the outlet for hdmi).

Why cant i get the system, with hdmi, wireless controller, online hame hookup thing, the proper cords....and if need be upgrade the GB to whatever i want. Get all this with a set price.

Everyone i ask always has the "get this and this...ok but you'll need that". F*ck man just include everything in a package. $350 looks nice but in the end I bet I'll be paying what $500 maybe a lil more in the damn end!

No costco near me...best buy, only picked them cuz i shop there a lot and i heard they got a $60 warranty or some shyt.

360 aint like ps2. I got my system, 2 controllers, 2 memory cards and I was good to go. This system needs more crap.

I also got comcast wireless cable...would i need some extra crap for that to play online?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradMiller52
You played Gears of War before? How about that?

Played it and it was cool. I know that reaction is werid but I've never liked those type of games where the enemy is foreign beings. I like it over Halo tho.

Last edited by GOBB : 08-19-2007 at 08:53 AM.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 09:05 AM   #17
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

SCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected poster

I think the best deal is to get the 360 Premuim package. You save much more money in the long run. Especially if you are planning to play it on an HDTV because the core doesn't come with those wires. Also, games are going to start requring a HD soon so you mine as well get one with the package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB

I also got comcast wireless cable...would i need some extra crap for that to play online?

For wireless play, you are going to need the wireless adapter which is around $70-$100. It's either that or going old school with the wire.
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 10:36 AM   #18
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

Gobb

That 360 premium from amazon is what I was talking about. Only thing you'll need is an HDMI cable and most likely a longer Ethernet then it comes with. It will come with component video cables which are a little less quality then the hdmi. So you don't need to buy a HDMI to play right away...

Check your com cast modem, does it have either antennas on it or extra plugs for Ethernet cables? If so you don't need to buy a router you can plug your 360 and PC into that. If it doesn't your going to have to buy a router for online play....

Routers are dirt cheap now. You can get wireless or wired.

Last edited by Cannonball : 08-19-2007 at 10:41 AM.
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 12:53 PM   #19
deion2123
High school junior varsity star

deion2123 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
What would I need to get if I just go the cheap route and purchase the core system for $350. I dont think i need the HD DVD addition since I have a HDMI tv. Can someone put together a package with prices

I've asked my friends and another board. So I'm just trying to see what folks think. Thanks
the Core is a ripoff...M$ is probably going to require the games in the future to use a Hard Drive to play them...get the premium at least..something with a hard drive
deion2123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 12:56 PM   #20
deion2123
High school junior varsity star

deion2123 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
Just get a ps3. Don't be a jew. You won $600 this weekend. Use it to get the 80gb version. You get Moterstorm with it plus t 5 free blu ray hi-def movies through the mail. Either that or...

Gamble some more.
why ?? the PS3 sucks right now....nothing worth playing this year and the multiplatform games are better on 360 99% of the time
deion2123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 02:15 PM   #21
Boogaloo
National High School Star

Boogaloo has decent reputationBoogaloo has decent reputation

XBOX 360 premium DOES NOT HAVE AN HDMI PORT.. Only the Elite has one and its alot more expensive than premium. Gobb u will need an HDMI if you want to vew your movies and games in 1080p resolution. Other than that the premium can only show resolutions up to 1080i.

You will still need an HD player tho to watch hi def movies. Trust me mang after you see hi def movies on your big screen tv, everything else sucks
Boogaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 02:48 PM   #22
RandomBalla55
Local High School Star

RandomBalla55 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogaloo
XBOX 360 premium DOES NOT HAVE AN HDMI PORT.. Only the Elite has one and its alot more expensive than premium. Gobb u will need an HDMI if you want to vew your movies and games in 1080p resolution. Other than that the premium can only show resolutions up to 1080i.

You will still need an HD player tho to watch hi def movies. Trust me mang after you see hi def movies on your big screen tv, everything else sucks

It does have an HDMI port. Only 07 360s Pros have HDMI.
RandomBalla55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 02:53 PM   #23
Boogaloo

Fuc your right. My bad. when did this happen. Is there a way Microsoft can send u the Premium with an HDMI port if u send them your old premium without one?

I just got 360 premium 6 months ago. What a rip off and now they come out with a premium with HDMI
Old 08-19-2007, 03:00 PM   #24
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Nah not gonna purchase the HD player because my HDMI on the right hand side is equipped for me to play my DVDs already. Basically I can watch DVDs without a DVD thanks to my HDMI TV. Taaaaaada!
Old 08-19-2007, 03:06 PM   #25
RandomBalla55
Local High School Star

Quote:

Fuc your right. My bad. when did this happen. Is there a way Microsoft can send u the Premium with an HDMI port if u send them your old premium without one?

I just got 360 premium 6 months ago. What a rip off and now they come out with a premium with HDMI

You can ask for one but I doubt M$ will give a **** and send you an upgraded one.

It happeened when they put in the new heatsinks for protection. Nice stuff too. One I got is 07/07/2007 and with an HDMI port. Still cooks my NCAA 08 disc like it was thrown into an oven though.. but w/e.
Old 08-19-2007, 03:07 PM   #26
Boogaloo

Basically I can watch DVDs without a DVD thanks to my HDMI TV. Taaaaaada

U have an upconverter? if u do, the quality of an upconverter 1080 to a pure HD player is not comparable. I bought a upconverter to before I bought an HD player. At first I thought the quality is wicked (ofcorse I had to shell out another 100 bucks for the HDMI cable).

But when I fanally came around and bought a pure HD player, the image quality blows it out of the water.
Old 08-19-2007, 03:12 PM   #27
Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomBalla55
You can ask for one but I doubt M$ will give a **** and send you an upgraded one.

It happeened when they put in the new heatsinks for protection. Nice stuff too. One I got is 07/07/2007 and with an HDMI port. Still cooks my NCAA 08 disc like it was thrown into an oven though.. but w/e.

Fuc I hate when comapnies do this shieet. They should have all these heatsinks and HDMI ports standard on all premiums. What happened to all the dudes who bought the elite for the HDMI? MS just stole 3-4 bills of their wallets because a few months later they came out with a premium that has the same thing albeit with a smaller HD,

Do you have those aftermarket cooling systems? I'm thinking of buying one because when I play my basbeall 2k8 the game freezes after a while.
Old 08-19-2007, 03:15 PM   #28
RandomBalla55
Local High School Star

Quote:
Fuc I hate when comapnies do this shieet. They should have all these heatsinks and HDMI ports standard on all premiums. What happened to all the dudes who bought the elite for the HDMI? MS just stole 3-4 bills of their wallets because a few months later they came out with a premium that has the same thing albeit with a smaller HD,

Do you have those aftermarket cooling systems? I'm thinking of buying one because when I play my basbeall 2k8 the game freezes after a while.

It is now standard on all premiums.. that is if you buy the most recently produced 360s.

The Elite is still nice. 120 GB and added protection for the heatsink anyway.

I don't have an InterCooler because before it wrecked 360s. However, now it's more safer supposedly, so you can buy one if you want. I'd just let my 360 get plenty of air flow.
Old 08-19-2007, 03:21 PM   #29
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Basically I can watch DVDs without a DVD thanks to my HDMI TV. Taaaaaada

U have an upconverter? if u do, the quality of an upconverter 1080 to a pure HD player is not comparable. I bought a upconverter to before I bought an HD player. At first I thought the quality is wicked (ofcorse I had to shell out another 100 bucks for the HDMI cable).

But when I fanally came around and bought a pure HD player, the image quality blows it out of the water.

I shelled out a nice sum of money for the HDMI flatscreen. Saved me from having to buy a DVD player. Aint no way I'm buying a HD drive for the 360 just so i can use it to watch DVDs when I can do that now regardless. I dont see how much better the quality would be.
Old 08-19-2007, 03:22 PM   #30
Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomBalla55
It is now standard on all premiums.. that is if you buy the most recently produced 360s.

The Elite is still nice. 120 GB and added protection for the heatsink anyway.

I don't have an InterCooler because before it wrecked 360s. However, now it's more safer supposedly, so you can buy one if you want. I'd just let my 360 get plenty of air flow.

well MS should have told us suckers who bought the system 6 months earlier.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: