Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Atlanta Hawks Forum

Atlanta Hawks Forum Atlanta Hawks message board - atlanta hawks fan forum

Old 07-10-2006, 04:09 PM   #1
$ci

Default how bad is the hawks attendence?

I heard like 3000-4000 a game? This cant be true..............
Old 07-10-2006, 04:17 PM   #2
AtlHawks
I airball my layups

AtlHawks has no real reputation yet.

We draw just over 15,000 fans per game(link below). Which is very good for a team with such bad PR around it. Our attendance has been going up the last several years. We had our highest mark in attendance this past season since 97 when the Hawks average around 17,000 fans. Our attendance isn't as bad as the media make it out to be. They give free passes on other teams in the league for having sorry attendance. They hate on Atlanta and Hawks fans despite the team being in bad shape until now in terms of talent.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/attendance

Last edited by AtlHawks : 07-10-2006 at 04:26 PM.
AtlHawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 04:31 PM   #3
albertpujols
High School Varsity 6th Man

albertpujols has no real reputation yet.

You must be talking about the Florida Marlins.
albertpujols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 07:02 PM   #4
SecondFiddle
Local High School Star

SecondFiddle has not been impressing people

They sell 15,000 tickets, but when the Hornets come to town maybe 7,000 show up. The Cav's draw well here.
SecondFiddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 08:31 PM   #5
someone
Can barely lace up my sneakers

someone has an OK reputation so far

The media makes the Hawks attendence look bad. I watched a few Hawk games last year, and the announcers frequently said things like "it is so quiet in here, that you can hear the coaches talk". It really isn't that bad, there are other teams that are worse
someone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 02:58 AM   #6
Kiss Murder
Decent playground baller

Kiss Murder has no real reputation yet.
Lightbulb She's a stow away...find her...don't bring her...

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone
The media makes the Hawks attendence look bad. I watched a few Hawk games last year, and the announcers frequently said things like "it is so quiet in here, that you can hear the coaches talk". It really isn't that bad, there are other teams that are worse

Hahahaha.

Friends and family at the Phillips Arena only folks.
Kiss Murder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 04:16 PM   #7
huppcap
Local High School Star

huppcap has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlHawks
We draw just over 15,000 fans per game(link below). Which is very good for a team with such bad PR around it. Our attendance has been going up the last several years. We had our highest mark in attendance this past season since 97 when the Hawks average around 17,000 fans. Our attendance isn't as bad as the media make it out to be. They give free passes on other teams in the league for having sorry attendance. They hate on Atlanta and Hawks fans despite the team being in bad shape until now in terms of talent.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/attendance

If you just say outright 15,000 that may sound like alot. It's all relative though.

Is it that difficult to see that they are second last in the league in attendence filled only to 75% capacity at home?

Raptors had about the same record but are in the middle.

Uh, yes Atlanta's attendence is quite terrible relatively. You know how much less revenue (not only seating but from concession stands, merchandise sales., etc.) that translates into compared to a team with an average (17,000ish)attendence? I don't know but it would be a lot.

You may be a fan which is great but overall the support by the community for the Hawks even in their good years was not what it should have been. I would assume NFL and college football and NASCAR is what dominates the area of Atlanta.
huppcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 10:13 PM   #8
RAwRIce
Banned

RAwRIce has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huppcap
If you just say outright 15,000 that may sound like alot. It's all relative though.

Is it that difficult to see that they are second last in the league in attendence filled only to 75% capacity at home?

Raptors had about the same record but are in the middle.

Uh, yes Atlanta's attendence is quite terrible relatively. You know how much less revenue (not only seating but from concession stands, merchandise sales., etc.) that translates into compared to a team with an average (17,000ish)attendence? I don't know but it would be a lot.

You may be a fan which is great but overall the support by the community for the Hawks even in their good years was not what it should have been. I would assume NFL and college football and NASCAR is what dominates the area of Atlanta.

NASCAR dominates my house, i'm thinking about taking down my fence and putting in a tyco race track with 30 lanes.
RAwRIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 11:38 PM   #9
albertpujols
High School Varsity 6th Man

albertpujols has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAwRIce
NASCAR dominates my house, i'm thinking about taking down my fence and putting in a tyco race track with 30 lanes.

Ah man, you a NASCAR fan? How can you like that stuff?
albertpujols is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: