Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-20-2007, 04:30 PM   #16
Top_Of_Tha_World
High School Varsity 12th Man

Top_Of_Tha_World has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Underated Hip-Hop Albums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
K-OS - The Joyful Rebellion. Check it out

Kingdom Come was garbage, and has anyone noticed that every single time you see it typed on a message board, people always spell Kingdom Kingdome?

how is it garbage? Or you one of those wannabe "backpackers" that wanna hate on it cuz Jay isnt spittin that ignorant ****. Which contradicts being a backpacker dont it?

Like I said lyrically insane. Which makes it underrated.

To me music is a feeling i listen to "backpack" hiphop more than anything but i'll still listen to juelz santana or whatever.

And yea Moment of Truth was a classic.

Any Jeru the Damaja album

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5SeroeIEhQ
Top_Of_Tha_World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 04:42 PM   #17
det2orl
Good High School Starter

det2orl has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik One
Me Against the World war artistically 2pac's best album. It didn't get much fanfare because he was incarcerated at the time of it's release.

Me Against the World >>>>>> All Eyes on Me (even though it didn't sell nearly as much)

Agree completely MAtW was miles better than AEoM.
det2orl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 05:02 PM   #18
mr. chew
I hit open layups

mr. chew has an OK reputation so far

50 Cent - Power of the Dollar (unreleased)
Lil' Wayne - Carter III
Beanie Sigel - The Truth
DJ Clue - The Professional pt. 1
Cam'ron - Come Home With Me
Big L - Lifestylez of the Poor and Dangerous
Immortal Technique - Revolutionary Vol. 2
Copywrite - High Exhaulted

PS: I know Bone Thugs 1st album was critically acclaimed, but i feel it never gets mentioned as one of the TOP albums of all time. so I'll include that. Creepin' On Ah Come Up.
mr. chew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 05:25 PM   #19
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Little Brother - Minstrel Show
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 05:57 PM   #20
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
how is it garbage? Or you one of those wannabe "backpackers" that wanna hate on it cuz Jay isnt spittin that ignorant ****. Which contradicts being a backpacker dont it?

Like I said lyrically insane. Which makes it underrated.

To me music is a feeling i listen to "backpack" hiphop more than anything but i'll still listen to juelz santana or whatever.
I don't really follow your point about backpackers and whatnot, all I can tell you is that I listened to this album straight through twice, with a week's break to clear my mind, and in the end, it's musically GARBAGE. Musically, it's one of the worst rap albums ever made. that's right. EVER. MADE.

That automatically disqualifies it. Lyrics are a big part of rap, but in the end, if you can't make it sound good, if you can't make music out of it, you're trash. Hello Canibus. Hello Fabolous. Your lyrics are great but you can't make music.

As for his lyrics, they were lazy and mediocre. Honesty, what about this album sticks out to you? It was so thorougly uneventful, start to finish, I can't believe anyone could like the thing.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 08:43 PM   #21
mr. chew
I hit open layups

mr. chew has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
I don't really follow your point about backpackers and whatnot, all I can tell you is that I listened to this album straight through twice, with a week's break to clear my mind, and in the end, it's musically GARBAGE. Musically, it's one of the worst rap albums ever made. that's right. EVER. MADE.

That automatically disqualifies it. Lyrics are a big part of rap, but in the end, if you can't make it sound good, if you can't make music out of it, you're trash. Hello Canibus. Hello Fabolous. Your lyrics are great but you can't make music.

As for his lyrics, they were lazy and mediocre. Honesty, what about this album sticks out to you? It was so thorougly uneventful, start to finish, I can't believe anyone could like the thing.

its not one of the worst ever made. but its definitely not lyrically insane, especially given jay-z track record. probably his worst album to date IMO.
mr. chew is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: