Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-19-2007, 07:53 PM   #16
kumquat
College superstar

kumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Deal Involving Kobe Bryant

Why would you mortgage your future for that a-hole kobe. It will turn out to be no better than the current lakers (aka first round exit).
kumquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 08:00 PM   #17
K.Koscik
KobendLebronRBothGood

K.Koscik is a pretty well-respected posterK.Koscik is a pretty well-respected posterK.Koscik is a pretty well-respected poster

Kobe, My favorite player, cannot leave my favorite team, for one reason.

My brand new Lakers 24 Jersey will be untruthful.
K.Koscik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 08:10 PM   #18
Force
National High School Star

Force has decent reputationForce has decent reputation

Bad trade for Portland...they have everything set up really nice now and just have to wait 3-4 years and they will likely have homecourt advantage in the playoffs for the next decade...

Also, Kobe wouldn't allow that trade with his no trade clause...
Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 08:23 PM   #19
Pokerface
Great young streetballer

Pokerface has an OK reputation so far

Salarywise, the following trade with the Bulls would work: Lakers trade Kobe and Cook to the Bulls for Deng, Thomas, and Wallace. But for the life of me, I cannot see why either team would want to make this trade, unless Kobe backs the Lakers into a corner and they have no choice.
Pokerface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 09:25 PM   #20
lurch67
Caution: Adult Content

lurch67 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
ahh ok i see. i was like WTF? lol yeah these people that think they can get a player like kobe without giving anything up of value are goofy...
kobe to chi town

gordon, deng, and wallace (for the salary)....
Instead of Wallace (LA would have no use for him) put in Hirich and Thomas. I doubt LA would take less. No deal for me.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...~4~4&te=&cash=
lurch67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 10:19 PM   #21
Jakez On Point11
I brick open layups

Jakez On Point11 has an OK reputation so far

ive been thinking could he go to magic. dont know who for tho... is dwight good enuff for u homez?
'
Jakez On Point11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 10:20 PM   #22
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurch67
Instead of Wallace (LA would have no use for him) put in Hirich and Thomas. I doubt LA would take less. No deal for me.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...~4~4&te=&cash=
i agree 100% but i couldn't see chi town going for the full on gut the roster so i was trying to leave them enough that kobe would approve the trade...
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 11:15 PM   #23
steadyfast96
Serious playground baller

steadyfast96 has an OK reputation so far

The only possible destination that both teams would agree to is if Kobe got traded to the Suns. I know they're in the same division but Phoenix wants to win now and LA wants to hang on to their future prospect.

Kobe + filler to Suns
Marion, Barbosa, + filler + pick to LA.

Both teams win.
I'll do this deal in a heartbeat if I were the Suns. Kobe would love to play with Amare and Nash for the next 3+ years. LA would get a solid core of players with Odom, Marion, Bynum, and Barbosa.
steadyfast96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 12:29 AM   #24
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

Portland wont give up Brandon Roy to get Kobe.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 12:42 AM   #25
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuquat
Why would you mortgage your future for that a-hole kobe. It will turn out to be no better than the current lakers (aka first round exit).

Steve Nash
Raja Bell
Kobe Bryant
Boris Diaw
Amare Stoudamire

I don't know man that's a nice looking team. A championship level team for at least 3 years.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 03:51 AM   #26
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation here

First off Portland is a magnet for young talent right now, we have young talent every where, and more potential great players. Now your talking about the Blazers giving up young future stars for Kobe who is getting old.

Lets just think about this for a second. If your a GM you have to notice that Kobe has done nothing with out Shaq his whole career. He is no different than Tracey McGrady or Paul Pierce, or Wade. He has gone no where with out Shaq. He can't even get out of the first round, ruins team morale, doesn't fit the "culture" Portland is aiming to have.

Based on all that it's an overwhelming no.

Do you even know how well LaMarcus Aldridge was playing the second half, and how badly he was beasting in summer league? Then there's Brandon Roy who was 127 of 128 voted for ROY. Then your talking about a freak athlete in Martel and amazing passer Sergio all for a cry baby Kobe Bryant.

HELL no, you can shove your trade. It's a Laker fans wet dream.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 03:54 AM   #27
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

the Portland talk is all very nice but Kobe wouldn't agree to the trade, Portland is too small a market....
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 03:54 AM   #28
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation here

Wow at some of the other trade offers. This isn't NBA live where you trade 3 stars for the best player in the game. Then just pass the ball to Kobe and win every game all season long. There is no way in hell Bulls would trade Gordon, Deng, and Wallace for Kobe. SMH...stop playing video games.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 04:46 AM   #29
OneWay
GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

OneWay has an OK reputation so far

It's a STUPID deal.

Portland is building for future. There's no need for Kobe on their part.
Anyone who wants Kobe needs to build for the now.
If you want Kobe, you want instant contention. It's that simple.
Portland OTOH is a team of the future.
Pairing up Kobe and Oden wouldn't make much sense at all unless Oden's a beast from the get go.
OneWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 09:45 AM   #30
MJ23
Banned

MJ23 has an OK reputation so far

im a knick fan so heres my trade request

knicks trade

balkman
collins
chandler
james