Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-20-2007, 12:48 PM   #31
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Deal Involving Kobe Bryant

Quote:
Originally Posted by steadyfast96
The only possible destination that both teams would agree to is if Kobe got traded to the Suns. I know they're in the same division but Phoenix wants to win now and LA wants to hang on to their future prospect.

Kobe + filler to Suns
Marion, Barbosa, + filler + pick to LA.

Both teams win.
I'll do this deal in a heartbeat if I were the Suns. Kobe would love to play with Amare and Nash for the next 3+ years. LA would get a solid core of players with Odom, Marion, Bynum, and Barbosa.

I would refrain from that deal,Odom and Marion duplicate positions,Marion is NOT a SG and Marion gets too much money and provides too much on offense and defense to come of the bench

Adding Barbosa @ PG makes LA look like idiots for wasting 2 first rounders on PG's of the future

Phoenix is very cheap and would hate to add Kobe's 4 remaining years left on his deal when Marion's huge deal is up at the end of next season and they could resign him for a little cheaper
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 01:16 PM   #32
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterglidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterglidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterglidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterglidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterglidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterglidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterglidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

This trade is garbage. There is no way the Blazers would want Kobe. The Blazers' agenda is to stockpile young talent that has character. Kobe is neither of those two things. Blazers don't want anymore contoversy. That's what drove attendance down for a few years after about 20+years of sellouts.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 08:23 PM   #33
lurch67
Caution: Adult Content

lurch67 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseCity07
Wow at some of the other trade offers. This isn't NBA live where you trade 3 stars for the best player in the game. Then just pass the ball to Kobe and win every game all season long. There is no way in hell Bulls would trade Gordon, Deng, and Wallace for Kobe. SMH...stop playing video games.
I don't play video games. Here's the breakdown of my deal.

Hinrich goes for contract size and skill. He'd be of value to the Lakers. The only other big contract on Chi.'s roster is Wallace. LA has no use for him because they have some depth at C already. Plus that would leave Chicago with Noah and Grey for your big men. You could argue putting Smith at the 5 and start T-Time at PF, but that's very risky.

Deng goes with because LA needs scoring without Kobe. Maybe they slide him into the 2 spot in a back up role since Hinrich and Lamar can both handle the rock.

Now it was a choice between Gordon and Duhon. With Kobe at the 2G, Gordon is the odd man out due to lack of D. Duhon stays to run the point.

Tyrus gets put in to round out the remaining balance, and the bulls get Turiaf to fill in his spot.

If the deal is made in mid-Dec. You can put Noc. in and take out Deng and Thomas, but I doubt LA would want him talking play time away from Walton.

Any deal you're going to make to get Kobe is going to gut a team. That's why I seriously doubt any deal going down, unless he stays true to his word of sitting out and the Lakers get desperate.
lurch67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 09:42 PM   #34
jazz12
Banned

jazz12 has an OK reputation so far

I don't think you could find very many willing partners in a trade for Kobe Bryant. First off, unless you have some good big men you aren't winning a championship, which is the point of trading your entire roster for someone... If you're gutting your team you do so for a dominant big man. Also, Kobe has a huge contract and wants to play for a contender and he's what 30ish? On the other hand he'd sell some tickets. The Blazers don't even have a need for Bryant, there building for the future and don't need someone jacking up 30 shots per a game and stunting the development of their talented young players (Roy, Aldridge, Oden, Rodriguez).

Really only destination I could envision would be the Knicks and I don't see that happening. I think the Lakers will make some moves to keep him happy and I see Bynum developing into a very good center. They need to try to move Lamar and Kwame.

Anyways I don't see anything really happening.

PS: I think Kobe is a lot like Allen Iverson, I think he sells seats, puts up gaudy numbers, but sans a big man you're not going anywhere and he won't improve your team dramatically, like AI with the nuggets.

Last edited by jazz12 : 08-20-2007 at 09:46 PM.
jazz12 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: