Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-22-2007, 05:50 PM   #31
thekavorka
Good High School Starter

thekavorka has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Beckham attracts 66,000 at the LA Galaxy vs. NY Red Bull game...

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
it depends on the position...

barry sanders had more skill than beckham

anyway you look at it the NFL has the most athletic humans on the planet

It's retarded to argue about something like skill. Because like I said, it's subjective.
thekavorka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 05:57 PM   #32
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy
Are you that naive or just stupid?

He sure looks like a 110 lb. jogger to me :rollingeyes:

Not to mention Olympic lifters who can clean, snatch, deadlift, and squat hundreds of pounds more than NFL athletes and yet have 43'' verticals. That's an athlete, not some guy who can run a straight line really fast and catch a ball.
so being able to lift weights and run is the more athletic than playing in the NFL?

Michael Johnson is from Dallas and I love him to death but he is not more athletic than say...Allen Iverson

he can run faster though

my definition of "athlete" is someone who can do "everything" well....see Jim Thorpe, Bo Jackson, Deion Sanders, Dave Winfeild.....all played multiple sports and would have excelled in track and feild as well.....in fact, Thorpe did.
Old 08-22-2007, 07:19 PM   #33
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The late great George Best once quoted about Becks:

Quote:
"He (Beckham) cannot kick with his left foot, he cannot head a ball, he cannot tackle and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that he's all right."

Sometime you don't need all skills or athleticism to be a good soccer player.
kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 07:23 PM   #34
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiteng
The late great George Best once quoted about Becks:

Sometime you don't need all skills or athleticism to be a good soccer player.
THANK YOU

Beckham is nothing but a pretty boy....

It makes me sick to see idiots come in here and claim he is more of an athlete than T.O.

that is just plain ignorant
Old 08-22-2007, 07:32 PM   #35
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
THANK YOU

It makes me sick to see idiots come in here and claim he is more of an athlete than T.O.

Yes, Becks is really just a pretty boy, with an amazing right foot.

If a pretty boy can help teams win games, who cares about his looks? Err..... actually, many cares.....
kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 07:55 PM   #36
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
yeah, well Minnesota Fats did more for billiards than either T.O. or Beckham did for thier sports...what is your point?

should I bring up ping pong and curling as well?

the fact that Beckham is considered good looking and is married to a celeb is why Beckham is popular...not his skills

and by the way.....T.O. is a top 10 WR of all time and a first ballot Hall of Famer...Beckham is no where close to a top 10 all time....he isn't even top 20 RIGHT NOW.

get off his dick

quit making statements like that...you cant even name 10 midfielders in soccer.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 07:59 PM   #37
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
THANK YOU

Once again, where are you coming from on this statement? Do you have your own opinion on why David Beckham isnt a good soccer player?
Old 08-22-2007, 08:02 PM   #38
Hawker
Banned

Quote:
THANK YOU

that quote is dumb...He never heads the ball b/c he is the one always crossing it for people to head the ball.

He is a right midfielder...you can get by without having a left foot while having an amazing right foot.

Tackling was never his strongest attribute but not everyone is perfect. There isnt ONE player that is absolutely good at everything.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:05 PM   #39
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
Once again, where are you coming from on this statement? Do you have your own opinion on why David Beckham isnt a good soccer player?
first off, are you trying to claim he is one of the top players in the world today?

second, to answer your question, I do not watch soccer, but I do watch sports center every day....I more than informed on who Beckham is and where he ranks as a player as of right now...I understand where his fame comes from...and there are plenty of players that are better that don't have fame like his because they are not pretty boys that married a spice girl

can I name those better....no...Ronaldino...that's about it

does it matter that i can't name those who are better?....no, in fact that just backs up my point that his fame comes from things other than his skills
Old 08-22-2007, 08:19 PM   #40
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!

Doomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation here

Soccer deserves a few small articles in the paper once every four years.
The World Cup will slightly catch my attention when it rolls around.

Dallas could win 20 MSL cups and I wouldn't even know what the name of team is.

David Beckham and his Spice Girl can trot around Hollywood all they want
while they discuss Scientology and Rodeo Drive with Tom and Katie... Understand this,They just turned into media whores... and for some reason, Americais investing in this?

It's like (American) soccer went out and got some high priced hookers.
Doomsday Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 08:23 PM   #41
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomsday Dallas
Soccer deserves a few small articles in the paper once every four years.
The World Cup will slightly catch my attention when it rolls around.

Dallas could win 20 MSL cups and I wouldn't even know what the name of team is.

David Beckham and his Spice Girl can trot around Hollywood all they want
while they discuss Scientology and Rodeo Drive with Tom and Katie... Understand this,They just turned into media whores... and for some reason, Americais investing in this?

It's like (American) soccer went out and got some high priced hookers.
exactly
Old 08-22-2007, 08:39 PM   #42
Hawker
Banned

Quote:
first off, are you trying to claim he is one of the top players in the world today?

second, to answer your question, I do not watch soccer, but I do watch sports center every day....I more than informed on who Beckham is and where he ranks as a player as of right now...I understand where his fame comes from...and there are plenty of players that are better that don't have fame like his because they are not pretty boys that married a spice girl

can I name those better....no...Ronaldino...that's about it

does it matter that i can't name those who are better?....no, in fact that just backs up my point that his fame comes from things other than his skills

uhhh...so you are one of those guys who doesnt watch the games but just repeats what sports center says. Ok, you lose credibility.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:45 PM   #43
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!

Doomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
uhhh...so you are one of those guys who doesnt watch the games but just repeats what sports center says. Ok, you lose credibility.

Anybody who watches televised American soccer looses credibility.

There are much better ways to spend your time...

My opinion.
Doomsday Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 08:48 PM   #44
Hawker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomsday Dallas
Anybody who watches televised American soccer looses credibility.

There are much better ways to spend your time...

My opinion.

yes, so primetime loses.

You cant watch sportscenter and say "I am more than informed."

He has played for two of the top 5 clubs in Europe as well as the England National Team and has been a regular starter on each. So please, stfu.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:51 PM   #45
-primetime-

Quote:
ok hawker....i will let you win this...i don't watch soccer so my opinions on Beckham have less credit

but let me ask you this: AM I WRONG!?!?!??!

where do you think Beckham ranks in the soccer world?

name 10 players that are better...?

I am sure that you can...but you will just end up finding out that Beckham is not famous for his skills and that I am completely right...

it just pisses you off that I am right about this doesn't it?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: