Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-23-2007, 04:19 PM   #61
Good Old Willy
DBDs

Good Old Willy is considered somewhat coolGood Old Willy is considered somewhat coolGood Old Willy is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Beckham attracts 66,000 at the LA Galaxy vs. NY Red Bull game...

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
...many sports writers consider boxing to be the most athletic sport...

I must have added my boxing edit above just as you were typing this.
Good Old Willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 04:21 PM   #62
qrich
King Heno

qrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
Sneijder has been taking Ajax's and the Dutch team's dead balls for years now. He can shoot it with both legs.
Watch him kill it for Real Madrid this season.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=F4fnNXDmsNM

Wow, that was nice. I'm going to try to watch some Ajax games now. Nice kick, also checked out his top 7 goals compliation and it's sick.

How was DDR's goal?
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 04:22 PM   #63
Good Old Willy
DBDs

Good Old Willy is considered somewhat coolGood Old Willy is considered somewhat coolGood Old Willy is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
Back to the topic, how about Man City being 3-0-0

Indeed, especially their performance in the derby. On the other hand what about that poor English side performance yesterday, losing 0-1 at home, at Wembley, to an undermanned german side. Beckham was great but the rest... yikes.
Old 08-23-2007, 04:27 PM   #64
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Wow, that was nice. I'm going to try to watch some Ajax games now. Nice kick, also checked out his top 7 goals compliation and it's sick.

How was DDR's goal?

It was nice. It looked like it just went in a straight line, but then in the replay you can see the huge curve.

You also hear the commentators going "he just banged it as hard as he can" while it's really well placed.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 04:31 PM   #65
qrich
King Heno

qrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Old Willy
Indeed, especially their performance in the derby. On the other hand what about that poor English side performance yesterday, losing 0-1 at home, at Wembley, to an undermanned german side. Beckham was great but the rest... yikes.

In ManU's defense, they were without Rooney, and I believe Saha nor a few others played, not 100% sure, but still, Man City is coming out nice. Englad lost 2-1 I believe not 1-0. Lampard had a very nice goal for the English within the first 10 minutes. Brazil vs Algeria was my favirote game last night. The Algerians, played their hearts out, even when down 2-0.

Old 08-23-2007, 04:38 PM   #66
Good Old Willy
DBDs

Quote:
In ManU's defense, they were without Rooney, and I believe Saha nor a few others played, not 100% sure, but still, Man City is coming out nice. Englad lost 2-1 I believe not 1-0. Lampard had a very nice goal for the English within the first 10 minutes. Brazil vs Algeria was my favirote game last night. The Algerians, played their hearts out, even when down 2-0.

1-2, Yes, yes, you are right, my typo. I didn't see any of the other games. A good soccer / football debate would be about england's goalkeeping situation. Who to put in? And how on earth is it that they can't produce a keeper good enough to play top flight ball? Man, I'll take the top (10) keepers from Spain, Germany, Italy before Robinson, James and the rest.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...ls/6960125.stm
Old 08-23-2007, 05:57 PM   #67
qrich
King Heno

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
forth time you have asked me to get a life...yet you still continue to argue with me....

why?

what are you even trying to prove to me?...that Beckham is the man?

sorry that someone doesn't agree that your precious Beckham is such an amazing athlete...

get off his nuts already

Yes, I'm arguing that Beckham is the man after I clearly stated that he's not top 10 in the world currently, and just said he's barely in the top 5 of deadball strikers.

Makes a lot of sense :rollingeyes:
Old 08-23-2007, 07:33 PM   #68
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod

haterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this board

Sellout!!!! (and i'm not talking about the game)
haterofhaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 08:28 PM   #69
Laker4Lyfe
City Of Champions

Laker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
How bout that for doing something for soccer in the US mothasuckas?

He got two assists in the first 8 min and played the whole game.

They lost 5-4. Unfortunately, I didnt get to watch it. Landon Donovan even asked him to be captain.

So is that enough to prove you guys anything or will it need to be continuous games?

Sorry but I could care less.
Laker4Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 12:31 AM   #70
thekavorka
Good High School Starter

thekavorka has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker4Lyfe
Sorry but I could care less.

this is a big pet peeve of mine. It should be:

"Could NOT care less"
thekavorka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 11:16 AM   #71
Good Old Willy
DBDs

This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: